Who has a better shot to be a legitimate quality lineman, Biadasz or Steele?

Motorola

Reaction score
Whats closer to 6? 4 or 12?
Went back and reviewed Cowboyny's post.
He did word his commnt like Biadasz PLAYED CENTER for 75% of his rookie season.

Time to look forward to see how much better he plays in 2022.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Biadasz did get into action in 12 games his rookie year....some of the games he was just in on special teams plays.
The breakdown:
In addition to his 4 starts at center (he played 1, 3, 4, and 7 ST plays in those 4 games)
---Biadasz had 4 games where he had no snaps on offense - but he had 4-8 snaps on ST
---He had on game with just 1 snap on offense and 7 snaps on ST, and another game with 2 snaps on offense and 4 on ST.
---Biadasz had one game with 52 snaps on offense, and another with 81 (5 and 2 ST snaps)
---the other 4 games in that seaaon - one DNP, three on IR.
Information from: Pro Football Reference

As an aside: PFR list Tony Romo as 6 games played in 2004 and 16 in 2005.
No snaps as QB/ on offense - but IIRC Romo was the holder for PAT and FG attempts for part of 2004 and all of 2005.
So he has started 21 games, that is a good sample size.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
Sure buddy, whatever say. He was in and out of every game and playing a lot. He sucks, and he cant get any stronger.

That about sum it up for you? lets move on.
I am hoping he becomes the answer at the position, but haven't seen much improvement since he was drafted. I know he is now working with Duke Manyweather, so is Tyler Smith and Farniok. Manyweather was the guy credited for developing Terrence Steele, let's see how these players perform this yr for making final judgement.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I am hoping he becomes the answer at the position, but haven't seen much improvement since he was drafted. I know he is now working with Duke Manyweather, so is Tyler Smith and Farniok. Manyweather was the guy credited for developing Terrence Steele, let's see how these players perform this yr for making final judgement.

What improvement are you talking about? He essentially played one full season. In which he did actually improve towards the end of the season.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
What improvement are you talking about? He essentially played one full season. In which he did actually improve towards the end of the season.
When he struggles is usually due to his lack of anchor at the position.

Creeper

Reaction score
Right now I would say Steele, but I have my doubts about both players.

The problem with Biadasz is mental I think. He made a lot of mental errors last year. Maybe it was inexperience and he will improve, but I didn't see other young centers making as many mistakes.

I'd be okay if Steele was as good as Doug Free, not an all-pro but get the run blocking done.