Who here believes Jerry wants to keep Jason?

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeah I know, the guys was an assistant coach in the NFL for the Dallas Cowboys and he couldn't get a coaching job at Princeton. Yeah, OK
He didn't apply for a job with Princeton. But by all means go right on believing in media fairy tales. He wanted to move on.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Oh I think Jones wants Garrett to get it right.

Hes deeply invested .

The fact is..these last 3 teams Garrett has coached have really not been that talented.

So I'm not sure how you evaluate that.

I disagree that these last 3 teams have not been that talented. The previous 2 years besides this one we have had very good talent minus the opine and safety play. This past seasons team has seen a dramatic dip in talent on defense but I think most of the blame should be on old man Kiffin.

Also facts are still facts and our head coach has lost us at least 2 games a season in each of the last 3 years which would swing us from 8-8 and not making the playoffs to 10-6 and into the playoffs. No matter how you try to look at it, that is a FACT

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Every time I'm depressed, I can always point to Jerry Jones plastic surgery job and say to myself, people have made much worse decisions in life than me. Cheer up....

His wife is attractive & probably enhanced. He should steal that doc's business card out of her purse immediately. Time for a tune up.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He didn't apply for a job with Princeton. But by all means go right on believing in media fairy tales. He wanted to move on.

Sorry, you are wrong. I was telling people BEFORE the 2012 season ever started that John Garrett was leaving and wanted to Coach at the college level again with his own program if possible. He didn't get an offer, but that is what he is aiming for. You will note that no one from the Cowboys, nor John Garrett has ever said he was fired, just media speculation, and they are wrong as usual.

dupree89

Reaction score
for those arguing about John Garrett fired or quitting...I had to refresh my memory and found this...Sounds to me like he saw what was coming and got our before the inevitable happened.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ed-tampa-bay-buccaneeers-wide-receivers-coach

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys passing game coordinator/tight ends coach John Garrett has been hired as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receivers coach, the latest change to Dallas' coaching staff.
"It just seemed that everybody was told, offensively and defensively, that there are going to be changes and everyone needs to know, as Jerry (Jones) indicated, that every aspect of the organization is subject to change," Garrett said. "When this opportunity came up, it was something that I was able to pursue and it worked out great."
Reports of in-house discord at Valley Ranch surfaced after this season, and Garrett and other coaches had been allowed to seek options with other teams. He applied for the University of Delaware's head-coaching vacancy, but interviewed with Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano last week.
Garrett's move to Tampa Bay helped alleviate a potential sticky situation in which his brother, Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, would have had to make a staff change.

khiladi

Reaction score
His wife is attractive & probably enhanced. He should steal that doc's business card out of her purse immediately. Time for a tune up.

I remember seeing her in the early 2000s pre-surgery from what I remember. It was in DC the night before their game with the Commanders. Much more attractive then with the enhancements.

khiladi

Reaction score
for those arguing about John Garrett fired or quitting...I had to refresh my memory and found this...Sounds to me like he saw what was coming and got our before the inevitable happened.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...ed-tampa-bay-buccaneeers-wide-receivers-coach

IRVING, Texas -- Cowboys passing game coordinator/tight ends coach John Garrett has been hired as the Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receivers coach, the latest change to Dallas' coaching staff.
"It just seemed that everybody was told, offensively and defensively, that there are going to be changes and everyone needs to know, as Jerry (Jones) indicated, that every aspect of the organization is subject to change," Garrett said. "When this opportunity came up, it was something that I was able to pursue and it worked out great."
Reports of in-house discord at Valley Ranch surfaced after this season, and Garrett and other coaches had been allowed to seek options with other teams. He applied for the University of Delaware's head-coaching vacancy, but interviewed with Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano last week.
Garrett's move to Tampa Bay helped alleviate a potential sticky situation in which his brother, Cowboys head coach Jason Garrett, would have had to make a staff change.

Peete and Ryan were fired. This was probably the organizations way of allowing him to save his face.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
I remember seeing her in the early 2000s pre-surgery from what I remember. It was in DC the night before their game with the Commanders. Much more attractive then with the enhancements.

She's a nice looking woman. His daughter is as well.

I saw a pic of Jerry not so long ago after he had that lift. They had him pulled so tight it was comical.

Now he just looks old & creepy.

Novacek84

Reaction score
First of all, I have seen hundreds of football losses over the years. I gave up the juvenile this one is worse than any other crappola a long, long time ago. All losses suck. I have never experienced a loss though, that I was going to let affect me the way some in here act when we lose.

Did you ever watch Tom Landry after a win or loss? Stoic, walked off the field, took it like a man, went back to work, and got ready for the next game. I admire that. I wanted to be like that. I wasn't always like that. I remember times playing the game when if we lost I looked for any excuse to get into a fist fight. As if that was going to make me feel better. It doesn't. Not if you have any sort of intelligence and character. I had to develop some. I believe we have a team that is developing that. I happen to think that matters long term. I have my reasons.

Second of all, I am not laying the Green Bay loss on injuries. I am laying 8-7 on injuries. There is a big difference between one half of football and 7 losses. While I do not spend my time looking for scapegoats the way some people do, it is not all hard for me to acknowledge that we lost the Green Bay game because we failed to run the football and the clock. Now, this did not happen and is purely a hypothetical, but let me ask you something. Can you honestly sit there and tell me that if we had not thrown a single pass in the second half, had run the ball like our life depended on it, stalled drives, or fumbled the ball away, and still lost the game that the loss would be any easier for you to take? You'd be okay with it, because we ran the ball to try and control the game?

See, I can't I'd feel any better about it if we lost that way. Every time there is a loss people go scrambling to find someone to blame. I 100% guarantee you the threads would have been about how in the first half we scored because of the passing game, and we abandoned it and lost. There is absolutely no respect for the game itself on this forum. No acknowledgement that the other football team outplayed us, it is always a case of we would have won if _____________. Well, I just don't believe in that thinking. I don't lay losses on referees, even though at times I think they affect an outcome. I don't lay losses on a single play or a single play call. I don't lay losses on anything except execution. We lose when we fail to execute.

The fact of the matter is this team has fought their hearts out all year, but sometimes the other team is simply better. The only losses where we just flat out got whooped were Chicago and New Orleans. I absolutely think if we were healthy we could have stopped Detroit. I believe we could have stopped Green Bay. I believe we could have beaten the Chargers team that played the Raiders the very next week and turned it over 5 times. I believe we could have beaten the Broncos team that turned it over 4 times to the Chargers. I believe we could have beaten the Bears team that looked stupid against Philly last week. I believe we could beat the Saitns team that rolled over to the Rams a couple of weeks ago.

But on the nights we played those teams, I give them credit for being the better team that night. I think we absolutely need health on the Defensive side of the football if we want to be the better team more often. I can't even begin to fathom why some people apparently think that if _____________ was here as our HC we wouldn't even miss these players and would win all these games. Let me be real, no we wouldn't. Just like in Green Bay, where a team I thought was going to be one of the top 3 in the NFC is in the same boat we are. Injuries killed them. Do you disagree with that? If so, why? If you don't disagree with it, why put Dallas on a different level of judgment? What about Atlanta? You don't think the injuries they have had this year pushed that great team from last year into the gutter this year? I'm sorry, I don't agree.

I happen to think if the Cowboys, Falcons, and Packers were all reasonably healthy that each would be a better team than they have shown this year. It is pretty clear to me that where we are sadly lacking is on the Defensive side of the football. I saw an idiot on here yesterday or today talking about how this Offense is so sad. That's stupid. This team is tied for the 3rd highest scoring team in the NFL. The obvious problem here has been stopping the other team. Why can't we stop them? Because we didn't runt he ball against Green Bay? Because of a time out in 2011? Or shouldn't we admit the obvious, no team can overcome that much injury?

Yes, I disagree with the GB and ATL comparisons. I know Rodgers going down killed GB and ATL was decimated all over the place. That is all true. The difference is these teams have been successful over the past few seasons because they've been healthy AND have solid coaches in McCarthy and Mike Smith. You can like Garrett all you want and believe that his day is coming. But as many others have pointed out here, Garrett has proven nothing on the sideline in 3 1/2 years. His "process" grades out as a big fat road to nowhere for me when the same mistakes keep happening under his watch. That hasn't happened with McCarthy and Smith. So comparing DAL to those two teams is apples an

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Sorry, you are wrong. I was telling people BEFORE the 2012 season ever started that John Garrett was leaving and wanted to Coach at the college level again with his own program if possible. He didn't get an offer, but that is what he is aiming for. You will note that no one from the Cowboys, nor John Garrett has ever said he was fired, just media speculation, and they are wrong as usual.
Own program means one that he is the Head Coach. In fact he went after the Delaware job, but did not get it.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yes, I disagree with the GB and ATL comparisons. I know Rodgers going down killed GB and ATL was decimated all over the place. That is all true. The difference is these teams have been successful over the past few seasons because they've been healthy AND have solid coaches in McCarthy and Mike Smith. You can like Garrett all you want and believe that his day is coming. But as many others have pointed out here, Garrett has proven nothing on the sideline in 3 1/2 years. His "process" grades out as a big fat road to nowhere for me when the same mistakes keep happening under his watch. That hasn't happened with McCarthy and Smith. So comparing DAL to those two teams is apples an
I'll take the faith of his players and staff over all of this.

bysbox1

Reaction score
Hell, mike Tomlinson, the NFL example of a cheerleader coach, won a SB. Maybe Jerry should have learned from the Steelers and scrapped all Garrett influence in the playbook if he wants a SB. Just have him stand on the sidelines and yell in a raspy voice.

Let's not forget Mike Tomlinson has 12 years of coaching experience (5 years of college and 7 years in the NFL) before he even became a HC, had a super bowl ring from coaching as a DB coach for the Buccaneers in 2002, and has worked under some pretty good coaches such as Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden and Tommy Tuberville.

Garrett wishes he had that pedigree.

Irving Cowboy

The Chief
Reaction score
Maybe, instead of dropping little tidbits of supposed feelings that players have for Garrett, which are NOT quoted in any media outlets, someone should where any player from any team has said anything other than that he loves his coach. You can't even find a slanted word about Schiano from any of his players and they were supposedly ready to burn him at the stake by week 5 this year.

Stop trying to insinuate that the players are whispering these things into your ear over tea time, because it only destroys what little credibility you have and is a dead giveaway to your agenda.

I swear... some people on here just make crap up thinking that people are too freaking stupid to realize it.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I think Jerry would like to keep Garrett. Jason was his handpicked choice when he was hired as OC before we even had a HC in place after Parcells retired. He was being groomed with being the HC/OC from that time and JJ has alot invested in him and that decision.

Next Years Champ

Reaction score
I disagree that these last 3 teams have not been that talented. The previous 2 years besides this one we have had very good talent minus the opine and safety play. This past seasons team has seen a dramatic dip in talent on defense but I think most of the blame should be on old man Kiffin.

Also facts are still facts and our head coach has lost us at least 2 games a season in each of the last 3 years which would swing us from 8-8 and not making the playoffs to 10-6 and into the playoffs. No matter how you try to look at it, that is a FACT

I see your points..

..but to me

...not only were the last 3 teams lacking talent

..but it goes back all the way to when Parcells was here.

We have constantly been oversold on the talent we have had which turned out to be nothing..

..the Bobby Carpenters..

Felix Jones, et all.

So Garrett has a lot of short comings we all know.

The biggest is not ever having been a HC at ANY LEVEL before.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
I hate watching the ending of every game Garrett coaches especially the close ones just sitting there wondering what he will do to screw up the clock management to lose the game.

just the close ones???? How about when we have a 26-3 lead? SMH

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LET'S LAY OFF THE SNIDE REMARKS PLEASE. ONLY WARNING....