Who here believes Jerry wants to keep Jason?

cml750

Reaction score
I have complete confidence that Jones will screw things up by stubbornly retaining Garrett.

To do otherwise would be to admit he was completely wrong, and it's more important for Jerry to prove that he's right than for the team to win.

And as he gets older, his drive to 'show everyone' by doing it 'his way' only grows and makes things worse and worse.

At this point, he'll keep Garrett and effectively thumb his nose at the fanbase and all of the people who pay the bills.

And I'll thumb my nose right back at him and not give him a dim
e.

If everyone would start doing this, it will get his attention!!!!!!!!

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
At this point it's clear that Jerry desperately wants Garrett to be successful. For multiple reasons; he wants to justify his investment, he wants his patience to pay off, and obviously if Garrett proves to be what we hope, we should be set for at least a little while, and hopefully enjoy some legitimate success in the coming years.

However, with that being said, it might not mean a whole lot after next season. I think Garrett's here to stay for 2014, but I believe it'll be a do or die year for him, as well it should.

And honestly, I hope it works out. I hope one more good offseason, coupled with Garrett's growth as a HC (hopefully) puts us in a good spot. We'll see.

I thought this was his do or die year & have been wrong. And as the season has gone on poor coaching has cost the team several times. Embarrassingly so.

I have seen zero improvement or growth in Jason's coaching. He just flat out sucks as a HC.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If everyone would start doing this, it will get his attention!!!!!!!!

Each of us who aren't happy with what we're getting needs to do his or her part.

If we do that, results will surely follow.

basstapp

Reaction score
Not going to lie - Garrett has his hiccups and maybe doesn't manage the game all the way through, but that is a lot of the coaches in the NFL that do that. Garrett has drafted well & his offense scores points. If we had any kind of defense this year we would already be in the playoffs. Improve the defense and the personnel and I think we are a different team.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Do you want the truth? Or only to hear what you want to hear?

Either way, you'll get the truth. Jerry did not try and make Garrett quit. That's utterly silly. He sees the benefit of having a Coach long term to build something stable and that creates a culture. You can call it following the Steelers lead if you wish. Everyone in the organization believes Jason Garrett is the guy to do that because the players are 100% behind him and what he is trying to build here. No one in the NFL can overcome the type of injuries that have beset this team, the Packers, the Falcons, etc. In other words, our failures due to injuries are not unique. It happens when you have to use too many warm bodies instead of your best players.

Therefore, Jason Garrett is going to be here for a while as the Head Coach, and the success we all want is going to come, because the players have all bought in. We are drafting better. There is cohesion. They do not give up even when they are out manned. These are all good signs. I firmly believe we are going to beat the Eagles. I'd like to see the Packers beat the Bears so that we are the 3 seed in the playoffs. I don't care about being 9-7. I care about getting in, winning our Division instead of a team I hate, and then doing all we can to try and move on further. Do I think we are a Super Bowl contender? Not with this many injuries, but I want the playoffs, and I do believe we can win a game or two. Not saying we will, I believe we can. There is a difference.

If we do, the DFW media will then immediately try to manufacture a QB controversy in Dallas. It will go global and Jerry will be thrilled because people are talking about his team. Like they don't already. Did you see Inside the Huddle? Half the show was about Dallas losing Romo. The truth is there will be no controversy within the team.

I know the above will piss some people off, but it is the truth, not some wild fantasy fueled by frustrations and myths. Time to hate the Eagles if you are able to. If you are going to the game, be louder than you ever have been and encourage everyone around you to do the same. Go Cowboys!

Dodger12

Reaction score
No one in the NFL can overcome the type of injuries that have beset this team, the Packers, the Falcons, etc. In other words, our failures due to injuries are not unique. It happens when you have to use too many warm bodies instead of your best players.

Let me ask you a serious question. Do you agree with the offensive game management in the second half of the GB game? How about the Detroit game a couple of years ago when we had less injuries?

cml750

Reaction score

Either way, you'll get the truth. Jerry did not try and make Garrett quit. That's utterly silly. He sees the benefit of having a Coach long term to build something stable and that creates a culture. You can call it following the Steelers lead if you wish. Everyone in the organization believes Jason Garrett is the guy to do that because the players are 100% behind him and what he is trying to build here. No one in the NFL can overcome the type of injuries that have beset this team, the Packers, the Falcons, etc. In other words, our failures due to injuries are not unique. It happens when you have to use too many warm bodies instead of your best players.

Therefore, Jason Garrett is going to be here for a while as the Head Coach, and the success we all want is going to come, because the players have all bought in. We are drafting better. There is cohesion. They do not give up even when they are out manned. These are all good signs. I firmly believe we are going to beat the Eagles. I'd like to see the Packers beat the Bears so that we are the 3 seed in the playoffs. I don't care about being 9-7. I care about getting in, winning our Division instead of a team I hate, and then doing all we can to try and move on further. Do I think we are a Super Bowl contender? Not with this many injuries, but I want the playoffs, and I do believe we can win a game or two. Not saying we will, I believe we can. There is a difference.

If we do, the DFW media will then immediately try to manufacture a QB controversy in Dallas. It will go global and Jerry will be thrilled because people are talking about his team. Like they don't already. Did you see Inside the Huddle? Half the show was about Dallas losing Romo. The truth is there will be no controversy within the team.

I know the above will piss some people off, but it is the truth, not some wild fantasy fueled by frustrations and myths. Time to hate the Eagles if you are able to. If you are going to the game, be louder than you ever have been and encourage everyone around you to do the same. Go Cowboys!

Hos, I know you like Garrett and are completely sold on him being our next Landry, but does the fact that he has cost us games with terrible clock management decisions not bother you even a little? I know you know football so you have to be able to see his mistakes. Do you think he is going to learn and outgrow them or do we have to build a team so good on both sides of the ball that he never has to make critical clock decisions? I don't want to debate because I will never change your mind and vice versa, I just curious how you feel about his mistakes.:)

TVMan

Reaction score

Sums it up my friend. If you love the Cowboys, then put aside the crap and cheer for your team. I hate the Commanders more than the Giants, but I loathe the Eagles.

Go Cowboys!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course he wants to keep Garrett. He's comfortable with him. He doesn't have to watch his step around him like he did with Parcells. He can be the face and voice of the team, micromanaging every aspect of the organization. The last thing Jerry wants to do is to change that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't have the slightest idea what Jerry will do. I know they will do their due diligence at season's end. I'm not sure what I'd do. I see the pros and cons of Jason and I believe the positives outweigh the negatives. If I were Jerry I'd be thankful for one more game at least. Until then I'll wait.

BoysFan4ever

Reaction score
Of course he wants to keep Garrett. He's comfortable with him. He doesn't have to watch his step around him like he did with Parcells. He can be the face and voice of the team, micromanaging every aspect of the organization. The last thing Jerry wants to do is to change that.

How sad is it that Jerry is "the face" of this team? Ugh.

PAINFROMUKRAINE

Reaction score

If everybody in the organization believes in Garrett then the Dallas Franchise has serious organizational issues. A Blind Man can see the Truth about Garrett but the people who witness his actions day to day cannot see his incompetance, lack of experience, and inability to make any adjustments during a game.

I have been a Cowboy fan since 1975 (I was 10 years old) and these last few years under Garrett have soured me as a Cowboy Fan. The Cowboys came before everything in my Life during the Football Season. Now, Football is an afterthought under the "Reign of OP". I want a new HC and I want my Dallas Cowboys back. Until Garrett is Fired, we are all in Football Exile. I wanted Jim Harbaugh a few years ago when we officially hired Garrett and I know that Garrett was and still is the wrong HC for Dallas.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I was giddy when Jerry fired Wade and promoted Jason to the HC position. I beleived Jason was what we needed and he would be our coach for years to come, the Landry of our generation. As time passed, I realized that Garrett's lack of experience was causing him to make too many judgemental errors, and we were losing games because of it. I was hoping it was growing pains, but when the same mistakes are being repeated, it's more than inexperience. Garret doesn't seem to learn from mistakes, and to me, it seems that he looks down and at people as if to say, I'm from Princeton, I'm smarter than you. The same way with the game planning, no matter if the defense is giving you the run, Garrett will go with the pass, like saying, this is my gameplan, no matter what we will go with it.

Perhaps Garrett is doing his best o overhaul this team and make it a perenniel winner. But only in Dallas do you get a HC to do on the job training for years, and expect the fan base to be happy with lack of results. This past year, Reid and Arians took teams on the outs and made them playoff contenders, without the benefit of years of on the job training, Last year Pagano, Harbaugh did the same. It happens all the time in the NFL that teams get a new coach that turns around a team in a year or two. Not in Dallas.

And as for the injuries, all NFL teams have injuries. The difference is the depth. This team has too many top heavy contracts, and no middle class depth. They depend on UDFA for their depth. That is not a good way to do business. I have always said that finding Romo, Austin and other UDFAs has hurt this team as much as helped them. It has made them believe they are better at finding these gems than other teams, and therefore waste draft picks, usually in the 4th round, on projects that rarely if ever pan out.

I reall ydo think that Jerry wants that long term coach, the Landry of our time! But Jason is not that coach............ Better to move on and find that coach than trying to make that coach.

visionary

Reaction score
I know they will do their due diligence at season's end. .

this is where you and i disagree
jerry does not know the meaning of due diligence when it ocmes to football

getting several opinions but not having the knowledge to make the correct choice in not due diligence IMO

Aven8

Reaction score
I was giddy when Jerry fired Wade and promoted Jason to the HC position. I beleived Jason was what we needed and he would be our coach for years to come, the Landry of our generation. As time passed, I realized that Garrett's lack of experience was causing him to make too many judgemental errors, and we were losing games because of it. I was hoping it was growing pains, but when the same mistakes are being repeated, it's more than inexperience. Garret doesn't seem to learn from mistakes, and to me, it seems that he looks down and at people as if to say, I'm from Princeton, I'm smarter than you. The same way with the game planning, no matter if the defense is giving you the run, Garrett will go with the pass, like saying, this is my gameplan, no matter what we will go with it.

Perhaps Garrett is doing his best o overhaul this team and make it a perenniel winner. But only in Dallas do you get a HC to do on the job training for years, and expect the fan base to be happy with lack of results. This past year, Reid and Arians took teams on the outs and made them playoff contenders, without the benefit of years of on the job training, Last year Pagano, Harbaugh did the same. It happens all the time in the NFL that teams get a new coach that turns around a team in a year or two. Not in Dallas.

And as for the injuries, all NFL teams have injuries. The difference is the depth. This team has too many top heavy contracts, and no middle class depth. They depend on UDFA for their depth. That is not a good way to do business. I have always said that finding Romo, Austin and other UDFAs has hurt this team as much as helped them. It has made them believe they are better at finding these gems than other teams, and therefore waste draft picks, usually in the 4th round, on projects that rarely if ever pan out.

I reall ydo think that Jerry wants that long term coach, the Landry of our time! But Jason is not that coach............ Better to move on and find that coach than trying to make that coach.

Excellent post and spot on. Bravo!

visionary

Reaction score

this is a fact