Who Here Is A Season Ticket Holder?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yep and desperately trying to sell my PSL. No one will buy it.

I was a texas stadium ticket holder and in the spring of 09 they had a little office in arlington near the stadium that had virtual displays of the seats and then they had a website. I picked my seat from the options available to me from the virtual display.

easy as that. I bought my season tickets to Texas Stadium by simply calling them on the phone when I got here in february of 03. there was no waiting list and there were plenty of seats available.

Have you listed them on the sites I posted?
I put mine on both sites, and there was a 3rd site also, but I don't have the link to it. They do all the paperwork and transfers for you. I don't think Ticket Master or Stub Hub does that for you.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
At the new stadium? Scalping is illegal in Arlington and no one is allowed to sell seats outside the stadium. There is a ticket broker across the street from the west entrance on Collins street but there is no scalping going on. They actually enforced it in the first few years and now it doesn't exist....At least I had never seen it in the 10 years I went to AT&T entering from the west side.
Yep. But it still happens. It's always a risk to find your tickets but my nephew is a broker so we are always covered. Good luck.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
yea we already paid for our seats by May 1st.

To be clear the greedy owners of this team last year did charge us for our tickets in the spring and then in the summer rescinded that and allowed us to get a refund or apply it to next year.
Yeah..2020 was a queer year for sure.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Have you listed them on the sites I posted?
I put mine on both sites, and there was a 3rd site also, but I don't have the link to it. They do all the paperwork and transfers for you. I don't think Ticket Master or Stub Hub does that for you.

Yes I have had it listed for 3 years. All the offers I got are below the face value of the psl.

Its just scalpers looking to add to their lot. I imagine in another 10 years all that will be left is ticket scalpers and businesses holding seats. My entire section in 2009...well the first 5 rows were all die hard fans like myself (Well Former Self) by 2017 only myself and only one other group of four in the first row were left. Everyone else sold their psl's. They were all bought by scalpers and every week its just visiting fans.

The place is a miserable experience at this point...at least for me in my section and I will never go back.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes I have had it listed for 3 years. All the offers I got are below the face value of the psl.

Its just scalpers looking to add to their lot. I imagine in another 10 years all that will be left is ticket scalpers and businesses holding seats. My entire section in 2009...well the first 5 rows were all die hard fans like myself (Well Former Self) by 2017 only myself and only one other group of four in the first row were left. Everyone else sold their psl's. They were all bought by scalpers and every week its just visiting fans.

The place is a miserable experience at this point...at least for me in my section and I will never go back.

Of all the games I went to, I never seen the same people twice the first 2 years, not in the immediate seats around me. A guy sat next to me said a lady bought the PSL's but specifically to sell the tickets for profit.
I had split mine with a friend, club level, section 313, 1st row. They were some really good seats, 20 yard line, Cowboys side. At the time they were $16,000 per seat for the PSL, and $340 per ticket for the game. After 3 years my friend had to back out for financial reasons. I then had to take both costs on.

But I started traveling for my work again, so sold the games I was not in town for. So I made my money back, and the profits basically paid for me to go to 2 games. If I did not go, I then took the profit. Though it was not a huge profit.

I decided to take early retirement in 2014, I did not want that stressful process, paying up front then waiting to sell tickets and so forth. I got lucky to get out at even as I said.
I kept them for the 2014 and 2015 seasons, and decided to sell. As I said it was stressful dealing with all of it.
I have never regretted it for a second. I often joke with my friend ...as they lose a game..."I am so glad I dumped the tickets" ... :muttley:
I could have kept them, but just didn't want to.

Getting to and from the stadium from my house, and to and from my seats to the parking was a cake walk, 20 minutes to get there 25 to get home. Unlike Texas Stadium, that was a major pain.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I live over 1,000 miles from Dallas so season tickets were never an option. I made an annual pilgrimage to Cowboys games for about 20 years but those stopped almost a decade ago. The game day experience at Jerryworld cost twice as much and is less enjoyable than Texas Stadium. The product on the field isn't worth the time, money, and effort.

I'm with you. The game day experience at AT&T doesn't excite me. It's a beautiful place but the atmosphere on game day is lacking. So I try to pick one non-divisional away game each season to attend. I'll be at SoFi for the Chargers game this upcoming season.

Section446

Reaction score
I'm with you. The game day experience at AT&T doesn't excite me. It's a beautiful place but the atmosphere on game day is lacking. So I try to pick one non-divisional away game each season to attend. I'll be at SoFi for the Chargers game this upcoming season.
The GameDay experience is terrible. I've been to 23 other stadiums for games and outside of San Francisco, we have the weakest fans in the league. It's loud for the first five minutes and then you can hear it spin drop.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I've been a season ticket holder for a long while. Any games I don't plan on going to, I already have spoken for. My family claims them pretty quickly.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Between the psl and preseason tickets I never saw a way to just break even for the games I wanted to attend by selling off the other tickets.

I am also from out of the area so attending games is not easy. Basically, I’d probably attend just a game a year and try to sell off all other tickets.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Been season ticket holders since 1965. My nephew in Dallas is a ticket broker. He sells the seats we will not use. We pretty much go to opening season then Thangsgiving and any playoff games. Selling our unused tickets pays for our other seats. Been doing this forever since Cotton Bowl days.We have 4 seats in the lower bowl down around the 30. My nephew has it down to a science. We start down in the tunnel where the team enters the field..then head for our seats towards the end of a game we go up to the suite level and he buys a suite pass from people leaving for like $30 then we go in and eat and drink and watch the game end. We never have been caught. Works like a charm so far. We just dress nice and act like we belong there. Doubt anybody has a scheme like that.
Sly devil you….

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I have been around this board for a while, but I cannot recall this question being asked before.

Well? Who are you and how were they acquired?
Are you a season ticket holder?

danzryd

Reaction score
I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years., Love going to the games and sell when I don't. I actually like the stadium and always have a great time at the games. Definitely isn't cheap and takes effort on game day but I love it. We just need to start winning a lot and maybe another SB here and there would cure a lot!

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
It's always better to buy your tickets outside the gates right before kickoff. The prices drop like crazy. You can buy a cheap set of tix before a game then scout around for better seats being sold then sell your cheaper seats and go to the game with an upgrade. Sort of how it works. Only problem is if you have a group who wants to sit together..its hard to find that. You will have to spread out and sit in different sections. Just trying to help.
Dayum, you know all the hustles...you sure you aint from NYC. ; )