Who Here Is A Season Ticket Holder?

fivetwos

Reaction score
I live in the Northeast but was a season holder in 1992-3. Upper corners in Texas Stadium. $21 per seat. PSL may as well have been a thrash metal band in those days.

I'd say I made it to about 11 of those 16 games and the timing was perfect on all ends...especially getting lucky as can be and getting picked in the SB lottery in 92.

Gave them up once I had to become a bit more serious about life soon thereafter.

That said.....even if I lived two minutes from Jerry world these days I would NEVER become a season holder.

Why would I? Every time I've been there I've gotten tickets well below face value, forget about any type of PSL contribution.

The team tries to eliminate the secondary market and keep that money for themselves, thereby double screwing the folks who somehow thought there was an advantage and possible profitability of paying Jerry tens of thousands up front.

Sure, maybe if the team is a perennial juggernaut. Even then it's still a maybe.

I hate Jerry Jones with such a passion that I cant as much as think about what it may be like if he also stole money from me.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I live over 1,000 miles from Dallas so season tickets were never an option. I made an annual pilgrimage to Cowboys games for about 20 years but those stopped almost a decade ago. The game day experience at Jerryworld cost twice as much and is less enjoyable than Texas Stadium. The product on the field isn't worth the time, money, and effort.

The game day costs at "Jerry World," cost more than the old stadium is like saying my Thrifty Ice Cream costs more than it did when I was a kid.
Look at ANY new stadium built and you can guarantee the costs are more than the old stadium.
Are tickets to a movie theater today more than they were in 2008, Texas Stadium last season?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
At the new stadium? Scalping is illegal in Arlington and no one is allowed to sell seats outside the stadium. There is a ticket broker across the street from the west entrance on Collins street but there is no scalping going on. They actually enforced it in the first few years and now it doesn't exist....At least I had never seen it in the 10 years I went to AT&T entering from the west side.
plus they dont even accept tickets at the gate. Arent they 100% digital tickets now that you have you have them on your phone to get in?

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Dayum, you know all the hustles...you sure you aint from NYC. ; )
Anyone that regularly goes to games learns the tricks. I always book my hotel well before the schedule comes out. I book weeks 1 and 2 at the NORMAL hotel price. Once the schedule comes out, hotels jack up prices significantly. I also book flights on points for week 1 and 2, then cancel what I dont need, ensuring I get the absolute cheapest flights as I regularly check to see if prices drop, if they do, I cancel my flight and rebook. Southwest is beautiful.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I live in the Northeast but was a season holder in 1992-3. Upper corners in Texas Stadium. $21 per seat. PSL may as well have been a thrash metal band in those days.

I'd say I made it to about 11 of those 16 games and the timing was perfect on all ends...especially getting lucky as can be and getting picked in the SB lottery in 92.

Gave them up once I had to become a bit more serious about life soon thereafter.

That said.....even if I lived two minutes from Jerry world these days I would NEVER become a season holder.

Why would I? Every time I've been there I've gotten tickets well below face value, forget about any type of PSL contribution.

The team tries to eliminate the secondary market and keep that money for themselves, thereby double screwing the folks who somehow thought there was an advantage and possible profitability of paying Jerry tens of thousands up front.

Sure, maybe if the team is a perennial juggernaut. Even then it's still a maybe.

I hate Jerry Jones with such a passion that I cant as much as think about what it may be like if he also stole money from me.

How does the team try to eliminate the secondary market? Funny, you blast Jerry for being greedy but you sure dont mind people jacking up prices to make some money for themselves on the secondary market.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've been a season ticket holder for a long while. Any games I don't plan on going to, I already have spoken for. My family claims them pretty quickly.
I thought you were from New England

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I have been around this board for a while, but I cannot recall this question being asked before.

Well? Who are you and how were they acquired?
New England Patriots. But I’m letting them go.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
I always thought when I retired I would get am apartment in Dallas during the football season, get season tickets and live the Cowboy experience but no longer. I just don't have the same feeling for the team. Jerry has worn me down. I still will get to some away games and a home game now and then but that's it.

BTW - I was seriously thinking about going to the opener Tampa Bay but when you are looking at $1200 for upper deck end zone there's now way.

fivetwos

Reaction score
How does the team try to eliminate the secondary market? Funny, you blast Jerry for being greedy but you sure dont mind people jacking up prices to make some money for themselves on the secondary market.
First, I'm sorry that my post seems to have bothered you. I'm not being sarcastic....I have a ton of respect for you.

I'm not changing course, but I'll try to better explain what I meant.

I have a problem with no one at all in the equation, but I do feel bad for people who got suckered into paying tens of thousands up front yet can't recoup anything on the way because the face value of the seats is so high (which eliminates the secondary market at anything other than more losses).....to the point where many of them are never worth the amount the licensee has to pay for each game.

The losses continue to mount, and the only reason they continue to buy seats is because they paid for PSL that they can't get rid of.

You attend many games. You know what 340 (face value on anything between the goal lines in the first two levels last I checked) per should bring back in your typical secondary market scenario on the day or two prior to a game. Mucho Grande.

I'd never once have been to Jerry World if it cost me anything close to that to get inside. I usually spend around half that or a bit more. Someone eats that difference and it ain't Jerry.

It's neither Jerry's fault or problem. I'm just stating what the situation is. Jerry Jones is many things that aren't good....but I'm not sure he is more greedy than generous and I didn't mean to imply that.

Again....there was no gun to the head of people that bought PSLs, and the value thereof along the way was at the full risk of a willing and able consumer.

Not at all saying Jerry is ripping off fans....every team charges PSL fees...but I feel a bit sympathetic to people who not only paid all that up front money, but now have to continue to pay $340 for seats that are probably worth $200-250 on the open market. They are a bit stuck.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Was a season ticket holder all my life but sold them for pennies on the dollar in May 2016.

Figure it out.
There is just no way in two hecks you can have that much hatried for one Cowboy. No way. The stick is worn down to the point you can hold it between your thumb and pink finger..:laugh:

DFWJC

Reaction score
I just cherry-pick my Cowboys home games and grill out with friends for the majority of the games.
Good times!
:flagwave:

fwiw, until recently, I was a Mavs season ticket holder for 25+ years. That was generally a way better atmosphere and much easier to the game, etc..

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Been season ticket holders since 1965. My nephew in Dallas is a ticket broker. He sells the seats we will not use. We pretty much go to opening season then Thangsgiving and any playoff games. Selling our unused tickets pays for our other seats. Been doing this forever since Cotton Bowl days.We have 4 seats in the lower bowl down around the 30. My nephew has it down to a science. We start down in the tunnel where the team enters the field..then head for our seats towards the end of a game we go up to the suite level and he buys a suite pass from people leaving for like $30 then we go in and eat and drink and watch the game end. We never have been caught. Works like a charm so far. We just dress nice and act like we belong there. Doubt anybody has a scheme like that.

How much are season tickets if you don’t mind me asking?

erod

Reaction score
I have been around this board for a while, but I cannot recall this question being asked before.

Well? Who are you and how were they acquired?
Season ticket holder since the new stadium was built. Looking to off-load them soon. Tired of the clown show here and not at all excited about the direction the league is headed.

kskboys

Reaction score
I am not. I possibly would be if Jerry were gone. I refuse to support the joke he has made of this team.

erod

Reaction score
Yep and desperately trying to sell my PSL. No one will buy it.

I was a texas stadium ticket holder and in the spring of 09 they had a little office in arlington near the stadium that had virtual displays of the seats and then they had a website. I picked my seat from the options available to me from the virtual display.

easy as that. I bought my season tickets to Texas Stadium by simply calling them on the phone when I got here in february of 03. there was no waiting list and there were plenty of seats available.
Crazy how the demand has dried up. People are just going to start walking on their PSL payments because there's no value in them anymore.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
First, I'm sorry that my post seems to have bothered you. I'm not being sarcastic....I have a ton of respect for you.

I'm not changing course, but I'll try to better explain what I meant.

I have a problem with no one at all in the equation, but I do feel bad for people who got suckered into paying tens of thousands up front yet can't recoup anything on the way because the face value of the seats is so high (which eliminates the secondary market at anything other than more losses).....to the point where many of them are never worth the amount the licensee has to pay for each game.

The losses continue to mount, and the only reason they continue to buy seats is because they paid for PSL that they can't get rid of.

You attend many games. You know what 340 (face value on anything between the goal lines in the first two levels last I checked) per should bring back in your typical secondary market scenario on the day or two prior to a game. Mucho Grande.

I'd never once have been to Jerry World if it cost me anything close to that to get inside. I usually spend around half that or a bit more. Someone eats that difference and it ain't Jerry.

It's neither Jerry's fault or problem. I'm just stating what the situation is. Jerry Jones is many things that aren't good....but I'm not sure he is more greedy than generous and I didn't mean to imply that.

Again....there was no gun to the head of people that bought PSLs, and the value thereof along the way was at the full risk of a willing and able consumer.

Not at all saying Jerry is ripping off fans....every team charges PSL fees...but I feel a bit sympathetic to people who not only paid all that up front money, but now have to continue to pay $340 for seats that are probably worth $200-250 on the open market. They are a bit stuck.

Thanks for your explanation. Yes, PSL fees are a joke, and the first time I ever saw them was when the Raiders moved back to Oakland after returning from LA. I do not know, but what is face value of tickets in the 400s around the 30 yard line? I honestly dont feel sorry for those that bought those tickets as MANY bought them only trying to turn a profit off their tickets. A good chunk of those tickets are bought by businesses who do nothing more than flip those tickets on the secondary market. Even though I live in Ca, Id have season tickets if I didnt have to pay those stupid PSL fees which are nothing more than a way of extorting money out of fans. Fans are in control, and if they would all tell those owners to shove those PSLs, they wouldnt exist. Why would I need to buy season tickets with thousands in PSL fees when I can just go spend ... lets say $250 per ticket times 2, times 8. That comes out to roughly 5k for season tickets after paying stubhubs ridiculous fees. Face it, ticket prices get raised by owners on stub hub, then we pay another ridiculous fee to stub hub. The NFL is watching all of that and trying to figure out how to cash in on all those dollars for themselves.

I wouldnt doubt it if they start tracking people that just resale tickets and start cancelling season tickets. Imagine if the Cowboys kept those tickets for themselves, startedthere own stubhub site on Dallas Cowboys.com and sold tickets based upon opponent. I think those days are coming soon.

But, in the end, none of these tickets are worth what we pay for them, but I still do it. I also dont base it on the "Product," on the field. Teams go up and down. I attend games with my friends and family and those memories.... I cant put a dollar amount on. When Im hurting for money, Ill stop going:)

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I always thought when I retired I would get am apartment in Dallas during the football season, get season tickets and live the Cowboy experience but no longer. I just don't have the same feeling for the team. Jerry has worn me down. I still will get to some away games and a home game now and then but that's it.

BTW - I was seriously thinking about going to the opener Tampa Bay but when you are looking at $1200 for upper deck end zone there's now way.
Thats the curse of being a Cowboys fan. We went to Tampa about 4 or 5 years ago and I had 30 yard line club seats for 230 bucks a ticket. Now the Bucs have Brady and won a SB, and the Cowboys are coming to town. People are trying to cash in on the Cowboys coming to town.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Crazy how the demand has dried up. People are just going to start walking on their PSL payments because there's no value in them anymore.
the value was NEVER there. PSLs are a joke and rape the fan. Why do it when you can go on stub hub and get tickets in any section you want for any game. Yea, you might pay really high prices, but it would still be cheaper than paying for those PSLs.