Who I'd rather have selected than Hitchens

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Really, they soldered the OL roster by over paying for Nate Livings and Bernadeau. The results of poor management and drafting left them in a position where they had to. Who complained about Ronald Leary? UFA?

Here is a January 31, 2013 post. Note the 2nd round assessment on FredBeard

1. 1: Lane Johnson (easy pick here-I don't think he'll be still projected this late here after the combine at 18#, but this would be the biggest gain for the team by eliminating Free and keeping Parnell as a backup swing. This guy plays LT/RT and will be a pro bowler)

2. 2: Travis Frederick C/G (generally has a 2nd round ranking. I want a strong smart center that will hold the middle, blow open holes and help out the guards. This guy meets those)

3: Marquis Goodwin WR (missing this type of speedster on Offense to balance the strong tall WR like Dez. Cut Miles. Replace him? I think Harris could be the 2nd and Goodwin and Cole could play the slot.

4: LeVeon Bell RB athletic - passing catching and big to share reps

Free Agency: Resign Spencer, Sign *Glenn Dorsey (very reasonable deal for the cowboys-give this guy shot to play where he is suited under tackle) and Sign a guard like Levitre.

DL: Ware, Hatcher, Rat/Dorsey, Spencer
    OL: Tyrone, Livings, Frederick, Levitre, Johnson

Rollin the dice at safety. Can't get everything
    Aliencowboy, Jan 31, 2013Report
    #1Reply

I don't think the Livings and Bernadeau signings were bad decisions. Livings was good for the 1st few games and then had some type of injury and his play declined.

Bernadeau showed in the 2nd half of 2013 that he is a good player when healthy. The problem was that he had multiple injuries in 2012 and another injury coming out of training camp in 2013.

Neither player had a significant injury history prior to being signed.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
I don't think the Livings and Bernadeau signings were bad decisions. Livings was good for the 1st few games and then had some type of injury and his play declined.

Bernadeau showed in the 2nd half of 2013 that he is a good player when healthy. The problem was that he had multiple injuries in 2012 and another injury coming out of training camp in 2013.

Neither player had a significant injury history prior to being signed.

Come on. The reality is that Livings was the worst lineman on the Bengals team and wasn't pursued by anyone else. Fans were happy to seem him go and surprised he landed any contract let alone the one he did.

Bernadeau was a back up. Yes, a back up on the Panthers that weren't exactly bringing thunder running the ball at that time.

They weren't worth that money unless the demand by a team that had no one needed them as they transitioned to a ZBS.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on. The reality is that Livings was the worst lineman on the Bengals team and wasn't pursued by anyone else. Fans were happy to seem him go and surprised he landed any contract let alone the one he did.

Bernadeau was a back up. Yes, a back up on the Panthers that weren't exactly bringing thunder running the ball at that time.

They weren't worth that money unless the demand by a team that had no one needed them as they transitioned to a ZBS.

They didn't get paid starter money. Bernadeau's deal averaged in the mid 2M range and Livings in the mid 3M range.

Aliencowboy

Reaction score
They didn't get paid starter money. Bernadeau's deal averaged in the mid 2M range and Livings in the mid 3M range.

What's your source?

3 million is in the mid-range for starter. 2 is in the top 20 for starters. They were both worth less