Who is coaching us next year if Garrett is out

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Jackson has thrown for more TDs than Dak, with half the INTs this season
Their TE has more catches than Cobb and Hollywood Brown is a good rookie WR
Ok? Their TE is a better player than Cobb and Brown is also a better player than Cobb.

Their entire offense is still built around Jackson's legs.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Agreed.

And there's also the whole issue of QB longevity with a runner. Jackson is great, but so were Vick, RGIII and even Kaep. It just hasn't proven to be sustainable in the NFL, nor has it been proven to be a consistent winner.
hits add up eventually. he is elusive now, but one time he will get a square hit and then the next one....and injuries happen. Newton was a 6'4" 250 QB and hits added up....it maybe great to see, but teams should also prepare to have a great back up QB and draft one every few years if they plan to run this type of offense.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
After hearing Jerry on the radio this morning that’s happening for sure. Said it’s nice having a young energetic young coach but experience is missed. That’s not even a paraphrase. That’s exactly what he said.
Special Teams specifically has been straight up awful all season. I'm mind screwed trying to understand why it's taking so long.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
hits add up eventually. he is elusive now, but one time he will get a square hit and then the next one....and injuries happen. Newton was a 6'4" 250 QB and hits added up....it maybe great to see, but teams should also prepare to have a great back up QB and draft one every few years if they plan to run this type of offense.
Yea...but Lamar doesn't take the hits that Cam did.

If Lamar gets hurt it will be from an awkward tackle/fall...not the persistent abuse like Cam took.

lopey

Reaction score
Roman would be a fantastic hire... But will he work for a jerk like Jerry.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yea...but Lamar doesn't take the hits that Cam did.

If Lamar gets hurt it will be from an awkward tackle/fall...not the persistent abuse like Cam took.
eventually he will take a hit, its inevitable. and he will have falls and awkward tackles. the more you run, the higher the probability. its not a long term sustainable QB model.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Kris Richard should be more of a disciplinarian than JG. Conversely, he's never had head coaching experience, so there's that to consider. I can't help but wonder if he'd welcome bigger DTs to plug the opposition's running game on defense. That might well be a valid consideration, too. Of course, I'm assuming Marinelli would be either retired or fired.

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember when he was with the Niners and made a QB who couldn’t throw the football into a QB. He also made Tyrod into a player. Now he has what looks like the MVP. Jackson however is a talented dude as we saw all of this in college.

I’ve been on the train of experience and winning mentality for our next HC, but Roman is intriguing.
Romans like orgies.....

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I prefer a defensive coach. Whomever Jerry hires as the next HC needs to have the authority to fire any coach on this team at any time for any reason and be able to hire guys who share his value/ philosophy. This is how you build good teams, not just thrown together washed up old coaches.

iRepDatStar

Reaction score
you guys really makes threads based on what happens the day before. so since the ravens had a great game last night and we saw him on tv he should be our next coach. Im not saying he should or shouldnt im just pointing out the constant knee jerk reaction this board consistently displays.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I remember when he was with the Niners and made a QB who couldn’t throw the football into a QB. He also made Tyrod into a player. Now he has what looks like the MVP. Jackson however is a talented dude as we saw all of this in college.

I’ve been on the train of experience and winning mentality for our next HC, but Roman is intriguing.
He is #2 on my list after Urban Meyer

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
you guys really makes threads based on what happens the day before. so since the ravens had a great game last night and we saw him on tv he should be our next coach. Im not saying he should or shouldnt im just pointing out the constant knee jerk reaction this board consistently displays.
To be fair

he has a very very good track record

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I posted a thread not long ago about Greg Roman being someone I want as a HC. With the way he undressed the Rams last night, I have to reiterate. I really want Greg Roman to be our HC. I really enjoyed watching the Ravens offence move so efficiently and effectively.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I’m going to throw out a wildcard. Matt Eberflus, I wouldn’t be surprised if jerry hires him and let’s him run the def while keeping Moore as OC. It’s not my choice but he would probably get interviewed.

Stak78

Reaction score
Urban Meyer is the one Jerry needs to get. And he's already said he wants the job. It will depend on if Jerry will let him hire his own staff. My money says that won't happen. Jerry wants to have some input so he can get credit for success.
That is the root of the problem. Jerry has absolutely no respect for coaching. He thinks it’s a plug and play thing. He showed his hand when he told Jimmy Johnson any coach could have won those Super Bowls and then later hired Dave Campo. The head coach needs to be the quality control for the coaching staff. Because they are ultimately responsible for the head coaches success or failure. There has been no real quality control of assistants since Parcells left and even he didn’t have 100% control over the entire staff. This has been and is still the reason Dallas will have a hard time attracting a big time coach. Meyer might because he doesn’t have much else to prove and doesn’t currently have a coaching job. Riley would want full control of at least his staff, and rightfully so. I think Meyer would be an improvement but I think it would end much like Parcells tenure did.