Who is coaching us next year if Garrett is out

sdfidaho

Reaction score
When everyone wants Lincoln Riley or Urban Meyer, they might take Chris Pedersen as a second option and then they will just have to sit back and take a Jeff Fisher or Jack Del Rio.

You know this is what is going to happen.

Who the hell is Chris Pedersen?:confused:

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Chip Kelly?
3hnym7.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
He has said before he wants to eventually coach... why wait?

He wants to spend time with his family and coaching wouldn't allow him to do that.

Romo's also stated it's quite possible he'd switch to coaching in the distant future.

ICP

Reaction score
I'm hoping for Lincoln Riley. In my dream world Brady Retires and Belichick decides he needs a new challenge and comes to Dallas. The realty is its probably someone in-house that will keep half of this antiquated system in place including Marinelli and his cronies and the same frustrations will continue for another 10 or so years until we rinse and repeat.

I just have no faith whatsoever in the Jones family doing anything right.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
When a guy like Meyer lobbies for a job you must hire him. Jerry probably won’t. Better to be prepared for disappointment.

rags747

Reaction score
It’s Richard. My reasoning is they like Moore as OC....hire Richard and you keep Moore as OC and keep Richard as DC by making him head coach. They will hire from within.
Not good enough. If Garrett is gone then the whole thing needs to be blown up. We have decent enough talent, now go get that great coach.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
He's the only one I want to see still on the sidelines next year
How about Kitna. I value him more than Kellen. I think Kellen is great at designing pass plays. But his run game is sorely lacking.

Kitna has taken Dak’s mentality and mechanics to a new level this year. As long as he keeps Daks tools sharp, it doesn’t matter what scheme is run, Dak will be successful.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
After taking time to consider all options I'd say the favorite is probably Bill Callahan.

Gets the OL right. He's a guru.

One of Jerry's biggest mistakes was letting him get away. Our O-line hasn't been the same since he left.

LetsBeReal

Reaction score
Not sure. Don’t care.
I know we had a discussion on this about a month ago, but I want a more updated one

Not sure. If he leaves (prob leave by choice if he is stuck with the current qb) and Dak gets a contract, I’ll bet you Garrett is winning meaningful games before the Cowboys.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
Urban Meyer. Had success early at multiple programs, without his recruits. Jerry more than likely wants to retain Kellen, I feel his style jives with Meyers. Urban's probably not going to last 3 years, undoubtedly his health will cause an early exit..which plays into Jerry's hands of getting Kellen in as the heir apparent..er..heir at this point? :D Seriously, it makes Jerry kinds of sense. I love Urban.

At this point, I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Jim Harbaugh or even McCarthy..I'm just ready for JG to be gone gone gone, for good.

BHendri5

Reaction score
Does he have the spine and street cred to back Jerry down like Jimmy did?

if he does, then it's an intriguing option....

uh Jimmy didn’t back Jerry down. Jimmy and Jerry started together that’s how Jimmy got a lot of power because they were both new to the NFL and had no experience, once they got the experience you saw what happened. No one is going to make Jerry give them full control but Jerry himself so that wishful thinking only happens if Jerry wants to

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not good enough. If Garrett is gone then the whole thing needs to be blown up. We have decent enough talent, now go get that great coach.
I don’t disagree but I’m just basing that on what I’ve seen from this team in the past. They liked Garrett so they fired Wade and hired him from within. The hire will be from someone already with the organization.

bdk76

Reaction score
It'll be Richard with Moore as OC and Bloom as DC. I believe Ol Jerry wants familiarity but I also think he believes Richard and Moore are two really good football minds who have been shackled somewhat by the conservative minds of Garrett and Hot Rod. He does not want to lose Moore imo and any head coach candidate out there worth a damn isn't coming here with an OC not of his choosing, already in place. Moore isn't ready to be a head coach, which leaves me to believe Richard will be the guy.