Who is disappointed?

Fontaine

Reaction score
How can any true fan be disappointed about a playoff win? JG has led the team to 8 of 9 wins and has most NFC wins over last 3 years. As Jerry said playoff wins are the only thing left to launch him into top status.

As for the previous playoff trips he’s been the coach the teams always been taken out by 1 in a million plays, Rodgers throw, Dez’s overturned Catch.

He’s getting the job done the 2nd half of the year. You can’t deny it

I thought that Baldwin catch or that damn bobble pick in the end zone was going to join that list...great we don’t have to worry about that anymore!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm disappointed in having any fans who would rather lose than win because of some personal issue with Garrett or Jones. Dallas according to those critics was not supposed to be in the post season as they sat at 3-5. They were wrong, Dallas was not going to win this past game it was going to be 1 and done. Wrong. I'm sorry but your not much of a fan if you can't get behind this team

408Cowboy

Reaction score
You do realize that in the re
You do realize that in the real world, at the end of all this ... there will be 31 "Losers."
You cannot do one single thing about the fortunes (good or bad) for this or any other team. You can, however, completely control how you react and process whatever happens ...

It's a game, man ... I quit kicking car doors and throwing beers throw patio windows years ago.

And it's better.
Did you read the post I quoted? It's this one
Loser fans are disappointed with a playoff loss.

That's who is disappointed.

What side are you on?
That was a direct response to the OP who would've been happy if we lost in hopes it got Garrett fired. I think it was a typo and he meant win since we did. I just had some fun with it.

cowboyfan4life2

Reaction score
I'm as big a Garrett hater as there is but if your disappointed your not a fan. I will eat crow on Garrett all the way to a sb

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
How can any true fan be disappointed about a playoff win? JG has led the team to 8 of 9 wins and has most NFC wins over last 3 years....
He’s getting the job done the 2nd half of the year. You can’t deny it

No true fan would be disappointed in playoff win , and its not done yet, lets enjoy the ride .

punchnjudy

Reaction score
No, and I don't think it would have mattered anyway.

Any time you start thinking Jason is about to go, just remember the 80's teenagers who thought "You know, I bet it's safe to take off his hockey mask."

Beaker42

Reaction score
I've long been a critic. I still am not fully on-board, but you'd have to be really petty to not be buying in somewhat.
If his clap-happy *** stopped clapping most of us could probably accept him easier. He looked more Coachy and less clappy last night.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Garrett was going to be back regardless. The issue has been either missing the playoffs, only winning a wildcard game or going one and done.

This week we'll get to find out if we can get that elusive divisional round win. If so, then we've finally turned the corner. If not, then nothing has changed. Our run down the stretch would've just guaranteed Garrett getting an extension and likely more of the same.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Disappointed that this guarantees Garrett’s return? Unbelievably, I’ve already seen this written a few times since the game ended.
He gets us to a Super Bowl, he rightfully gets a reprieve.
This game is about winning the ultimate game. He does that, his future will take care of itself.
He doesn't, his future will take care of itself.
Some fans get the wrong idea with criticism of Dak and Garrett. The criticism isn't hate motivated; it's WIN motivated. Win (at the top level and that is the Super Bowl) and the criticism - for the most part - will disappear.

_sturt_

Reaction score
2019-01-06_2317.png

Yes, Rich. It's okay. For many of us, anyhow.

visionary

Reaction score
Disappointed that this guarantees Garrett’s return? Unbelievably, I’ve already seen this written a few times since the game ended.

Irrespective of how I feel about Garrett , if he can get us to a SB, I'm in board

He has to show me he can do that though

droopdog7

Reaction score
This game is about winning the ultimate game. He does that, his future will take care of itself.
Some fans get the wrong idea with criticism of Dak and Garrett. The criticism isn't hate motivated; it's WIN motivated. Win (at the top level and that is the Super Bowl) and the criticism - for the most part - will disappear.
No one questions that, though even still the perspective is at least a little bit misguided IMO. The job of the coach is to put them in position to win; prepare the team. Ultimatel, no one can control whether you win or lose. But yeah, at the end of the day they are judged on winning.

But the thread isn’t about that. It’s about fans that actually have mixed feelings when we win a friggin game. That’s ridiculous.

droopdog7

Reaction score
So in your mind a super bowl is worth nothing more than a reprieve? Until when; the next time he loses a game? Because I’m sure people are itching to come and say I told you so the moment a single play goes wrong.

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the team wins, why would anyone care? I want to see the team win, even if mickey mouse is the coach. If he wins then I am happy as a fan. If you are disappointed after this team finds ways to win then I am sorry but your fandom should be in question.

Falco78

Reaction score
Yep totally agree.....Dak will be our cancer if Jerry signs him to a long term deal this off-season....we can only hope that Jerry wont buy into the hoopla and go get a QB that is well a QB......
Besides your hate nothing has shown any signs of that...

SacredStar

Reaction score
I get a little disappointed after a loss, but anything else concerning being a fan doesn't bother me. And even losses don't bother me that much anymore. It's sports entertainment after all.

Been along for the ride since 1968.