Who is going to win SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If the Eagles do win, then it's probably going to be by a close score. Don't really see them blowing out the Chiefs unless their DLine can do a good job at pressuring Mahomes all game and the Eagles get ahead early. The thing the Eagles want to avoid is what they have done a couple of times this season, which was get a lead in the first half and then have their offense stall in the 2nd half. Mahomes is one of those QBs in the NFL who teams don't want to get to comfortable with a lead against, because he is capable of getting his team right back into the game. Eagles will have to play for a complete 4th quarter on both sides of the ball.

And if the Chiefs can get a big lead on the Eagles then it will force Hurts to play from behind. He didn't have to do a lot of throwing in the NFC Championship game due to the 49ers losing their QB and not being able to sustain an offense. The Eagles defense is good, but Mahomes and Andy Reid's play calling is very capable of picking them apart and moving the ball at will against them, if he can get protection from his OL.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You keep saying this. It won’t happen. 1. He’s fine. 2. He gets rid of the ball insanely quickly. 3. Chiefs OL much improved.
His ankle isn’t 100% and Philly has the most dominant pass rush since the 85 Bears. Great pass rushes have dominated Super Bowls. Not saying that’s going to happen the day just making a point. I’m pulling for KC but it’s going to be tough, especially if Mahomes becomes gimpy during the game. By the way, what did I say that I’m wrong about? I never said anything was going to happen. I made no predictions.

rags

Reaction score
I want KC to win because I can't imagine how obnoxious the Philly fans are going to be if they win another SB.

JBS

Reaction score
His ankle isn’t 100% and Philly has the most dominant pass rush since the 85 Bears. Great pass rushes have dominated Super Bowls. Not saying that’s going to happen the day just making a point. I’m pulling for KC but it’s going to be tough, especially if Mahomes becomes gimpy during the game. By the way, what did I say that I’m wrong about? I never said anything was going to happen. I made no predictions.
You are right. I’m just telling you it isn’t going to play out that way.

Aven8

Reaction score
The eagles have modeled for the Cowboys how to make Dak a QB that can take a team to a SB because Hurts is not that great. Here’s what their model is:
  1. Build a great OL that can support a killer running game. The eagles have arguably the best OL in NFL. They have very few 3rd and longs which greatly help their mediocre QB.
  2. Build a great DL. They have the most sacks since the ‘85 bears. And their DL shuts down the run. They don’t have a great secondary but it doesn’t matter. They’re always ahead.
  3. Start Fast- when you’re ahead 21-0 early, you don’t even need a great QB.
BOTTOM LINE- The eagles are dominant in the trenches. When your OL can dominate the running game, a bus driver can win.
I think if we can find a stud Guard and that 1T stud things will look up. I’m resigning Hankins and trying to find another one.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I’d have to go with the team that has the best qb in the league…..KC
Will be an interesting SB, Mahomes has the ability and chance to propel him into greatness, and Filthy has the much more well rounded team.
When we get to this point, I have always believed in defenses winning the big games when they matter the most and this is the SB so we will see the outcome.
Filthy Eagles win this walking away unfortunately, but maybe, just maybe it stings Jerry enough to actually rethink things a bit, if he still possess that ability to do so.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You are right. I’m just telling you it isn’t going to play out that way.
So you don’t see Mahomes having any problems against Philly’s pass rush?

JBS

Reaction score
So you don’t see Mahomes having any problems against Philly’s pass rush?
No problems at all? I didn’t say that. Will Philly DL dominate the game?? …no …they’ll be relatively contained and Kc will move the ball on them …chiefs win on the back of Mahomes

CowboysExchange

Reaction score
I know Philly is stacked but Im taking the Coach/QB Combination. Mahomes is on fire. It's gonna be a battle of the Tes

CHIEFS 31 Philly 23

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
No problems at all? I didn’t say that. Will Philly DL dominate the game?? …no …they’ll be relatively contained and Kc will move the ball on them …chiefs win on the back of Mahomes
Rarely do teams win on the back of their QB in the Super Bowl, especially against a great pass rush. Philly will win going away if the game is put entirely on Mahomes.

JBS

Reaction score
Rarely do teams win on the back of their QB in the Super Bowl, especially against a great pass rush. Philly will win going away if the game is put entirely on Mahomes.
Philly won’t win going away no matter what. Chiefs defense will play well enough to win. I’m not saying Mahomes won’t have any help at all. He’s just going to be the best player in the game. And they will win.

SacredStar

Reaction score
I'm going KC because I just don't think the Eagles are as good as their record is. Plus, I live in KC. :p

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Philly won’t win going away no matter what. Chiefs defense will play well enough to win. I’m not saying Mahomes won’t have any help at all. He’s just going to be the best player in the game. And they will win.
If the game gets put entirely on Mahomes back, Philly will win going away. Philly will just pin their ears back and come after him. KC is going to have to play a solid game offensively and defensively. I can’t even remember the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a game getting put entirely on the back of their QB. That’s a recipe for disaster in a Super Bowl against a great pass rush.

JBS

Reaction score
If the game gets put entirely on Mahomes back, Philly will win going away. Philly will just pin their ears back and come after him. KC is going to have to play a solid game offensively and defensively. I can’t even remember the last time a team won a Super Bowl with a game getting put entirely on the back of their QB. That’s a recipe for disaster in a Super Bowl against a great pass rush.
Philly won’t win going away no matter what. There is no scenario in which that will happen. Forget about it.

JBS

Reaction score
Post your score prediction

Chiefs 30
Eagles 20

I’m done arguing about this. Let’s see who is right in a few hours

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Phillys D will shut down Mahomes.
Place your bets now and think me later.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Philly won’t win going away no matter what. There is no scenario in which that will happen. Forget about it.
I gave you one scenario where they will win going away if it happens.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Post your score prediction

Chiefs 30
Eagles 20

I’m done arguing about this. Let’s see who is right in a few hours
You’re the one who started this and I don’t predict scores. I think Philly will win, but I’m pulling for KC.

Reactions: JBS
Status
Not open for further replies.