Who is Jayron Kearse?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
RBs become less productive when their body starts breaking down. As he tires out with a heavier work load, his speed and explosiveness will slow down and he would become very average. His college coaches knew this, the pro scouts knew this and the Cowboy’s coaching staff knows it. Pollard has a great game today. Good for him. This game was exceptional and it is not his normal performance. He has played in a lot of games while he has been in Dallas and he didn’t get these results or anything similar. You are getting too excited about his production today and it is effecting your common sense. We have seen RBs that was situational players in Dallas before. Barber and Felix Jones was great situational RBs and both of them became very average when they became full time starters.

I’m not too excited about today. I projected this a long time ago. Today is just what I predicted.

Being a “workhorse” is about 15 touches in modern football.

It’s all about explosive plays. Nobody cares if you’re a grinder anymore. You’ll just grind yourself to an L. It’s a big play league.

I’m not anti Zeke Either other than his contract is terrible but Pollard has lots of home runs in him and Zeke just gets base hits.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I strongly believe using both Zeke and Pollard like they did today is a great strategy. Zeke may never lead the league in yardage again, but he's still a handful to tackle.

And, let's not discount the defense LAC fielded today. They're pretty stout

Carson

Reaction score
I strongly believe using both Zeke and Pollard like they did today is a great strategy. Zeke may never lead the league in yardage again, but he's still a handful to tackle.

And, let's not discount the defense LAC fielded today. They're pretty stout
Derwin James is a top 3 safety for sure. Their defense is legit

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
Who is Jayron Kearse and how did he get on our football team....?

While I’m at it since I started a thread.. Parsons needs to be a edge rusher from this point forward. Dallas got lucky and stole a potential phenom edge rusher when stupidly drafting a linebacker. Now they need to just go ahead and convert him to that. His closing speed is something else.

Also, is Tony Pollard still a joke and nothing but a scat back to some of you or do you finally agree with me that the guy is probably a top 10 back if he got the volume of a starting NFL RB?

I also never want to hear how NFL coaches are these all knowing people who should never be questioned after that blunder with half a minute to go. That’s amateur.

He's a beast from the Clemson Tigers, that's who he is. He was great at Clemson, and it was kind of surprising he got drafted so late. Some thought it was because of his height, too tall for a safety. That appears to be a Quinn specialty though, and he balled out today.

Last edited:

garyv

Reaction score

While I’m at it since I started a thread.. Parsons needs to be a edge rusher from this point forward. Dallas got lucky and stole a potential phenom edge rusher when stupidly drafting a linebacker. Now they need to just go ahead and convert him to that. His closing speed is something else.

Also, is Tony Pollard still a joke and nothing but a scat back to some of you or do you finally agree with me that the guy is probably a top 10 back if he got the volume of a starting NFL RB?

I also never want to hear how NFL coaches are these all knowing people who should never be questioned after that blunder with half a minute to go. That’s amateur.

He was a free agent...use to play for Titans I believe. We signed him to a 1 year deal

TheHerd

Reaction score
Okay it;s cool. I still disagree. ONE play does NOT prove anything.

Do you imagine how many NFL players had ONE GREAT PLAY....and then nothing else EVER/

But we do agree....Tony and zeke are a GREAT duo...*if* we can design the plays right. Today...I think we did! AMAZING!
Moore seems to be getting it right. Maybe it was Garrett holding us back all along!

817Gill

Reaction score
Quinn is doing a phenomenal job so far as well as Kellen Moore.
Which kinda makes you want to be ok with moving on from Mike for Moore. Someone’s gonna offer him a job next year the way the league is trending with young creative offensive minds getting opportunities.

I’d be fine with giving him the title in Dallas and letting Quinn take care of the defense.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Not gonna lie, I didn't think he'd make the roster and if he's more than ST guy and depth guy I think we are in trouble but he can contribute in certain packages
Dude did you watch the game? He played better than any other SS in any other game today.

ArtClink

Reaction score
People have been so beaten down by Jason Garrett football for so long that they still think the game is played like it's 1992 and we need to cram Zeke up the middle 30 times.

The NFL is built for Tony Pollards to be bigtime. 15 rushes is a modern day workhorse.
I couldn’t agree more!

glimmerman

Reaction score

He looked like Charles Hailey out there a few times. Lol. Not sure he or his back can hold up. He is pretty light. But looked impressive.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He looked like Charles Hailey out there a few times. Lol. Not sure he or his back can hold up. He is pretty light. But looked impressive.

I heard a stat that he only played 37 snaps.

When they are passing or you think they’re passing then Parsons needs to be chasing the QB.

I’d love to see what kind of gameplan a healthy Dallas defense would do to slow down a guy like Kyler Murray.

mardwin

Reaction score

Two excellent points.
-1st too early to tell if Parsons can be a consistent pass rusher but if he is they certainly got lucky for passing on Rashawn Slater.
-2nd Pollard was a playmaker coming out of Memphis but with Zeke's decline, he needs to be on the field more often.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Be careful Kearse the same people praising you today will bury you the next day. lol