Who is still rooting for losses?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If you judged all QBs by age 25, you’d be throwing a LOT of future HOFers away before they hit their stride. That’s all I’m saying.

Romo at age 25 (a year before he took over as the starter) didn’t look like a franchise QB either.

Dak has already shown that he CAN be that guy. Will he improve and do it consistently enough? That’s the question.

I brought up Wentz because it’s been a popular topic here.

Wentz looks the part and has better arm talent than Dak at this point. But he has a worse overall record, has worse overall stats and hasn’t been clutch AT ALL in his young career.

So which do you go by? Potential or performance? You could argue for either side, but the reality is that we don’t know who will end up being the better player with the better career.

Bill Parcells said it best: “Performance is everything. Potential is nothing.”

I get all that but you gotta see some flashes of high instincts to play the position and we get the same thing from Dak every week. It's the same win or lose.

Just nothing about the guy points to him ever being a prolific passer. Especially under these coaches.

It's year 3 and we're one of the worst pass offenses in football.

blumayne38

Reaction score
I do as well. I want to see how far we can go. Our defence is looking quite good, and our offence is starting to figure things out, aren't they?
Yeah put the ball in the belly of #21 and don’t stop. The offense this week looked like this Zeke zeke zeke zeke Dak zeke zeke Beasley zeke zeke Td

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
I was rooting for losses until the game started. Then I realized that I couldn't do it. I had to pull for them to win as much as I want garrot gone. I like wins but I realize that they will not win another championship until Jerruh is dead.

I think this is a lot of fans. I know that a lot of people said they wanted the team to lose out. But I'm certain as soon as it was game time they were rooting like heck for the team. That's just the way it goes.

And if you found a way to root for the Eagles against the Cowboys during the actual game - guess what? You're not a Cowboys fan.

foofighters

Reaction score
Announce yourselves! If you aren't fully on board, you're rooting for losses. If you're conflicted by wins because you want Garret/Linehan/Dak to fail, then you're rooting for losses. If you're thinking about draft position, you're rooting for losses.

And I know this team hasn't won anything and can still fall short of the goal. But I'll be damned if I"m going to root for anything but wins, however they come. And if you are rooting for losses, then you don't get to enjoy the season, I'm sorry.
Who are you to tell people how to fan? Life must great for you that you can live in such a black and white world. Unfortunately life doesn't work that way nor will it ever. I want this team to win. However, I want Jerry, JG, Linehan gone. Heck, I don't know if I am sold on Dak either. Doesn't mean I am rooting for them to lose. I just don't see a future here. One thing, though...Jerry loves guys like you. You guys contribute to the Cowboys being the biggest franchise in the world every year. Yes, Jerry loves you...

ESisback

Reaction score
I don’t think we’ve reached our potential yet. HOPEFULLY, that will come next year, IF we have the right kind of offseason. That said, I’m enjoying the ride, and I ALWAYS root for a win.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
That is the problem we are in with Jerry. He'll accept mediocre all day when it comes to Garrett.

I think Linehan gets replaced regardless in another attempt to save Garrett. They will hope they can get the Kris Richard effect on offense.

Honestly, that might be the best we can hope for next year. I think we win the division this year because there really are no other teams in position to. That'll buy Garrett another year, but unless we win the Super Bowl, Linehan will be the scapegoat. Just hopefully we don't commit to Dak before we know for sure he's our QB for the next 10 years.

If we don't win the Super Bowl this year, I think the most realistic thing we can hope for is: 1) a new OC being brought in to have the "Richards effect", 2) one more year of Garrett to win the Super Bowl or be fired, 3) one more year of Dak to earn a long term contract, 4) a 1st round pick and a "sell the farm" mindset to draft a franchise QB to go with a whole new coaching staff in 2020.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I'll always enjoy wins. Seems likes some fans let their doubts/dislikes of Dak/Garrett or their irritation over Jerry get in the way of enjoying Cowboys wins. But, for whatever my feelings about Garrett as a head coach are and whether or not Dak ends up being the Cowboys long term QB, I'll never be so upset after a win that I'll nitpick and won't allow myself to enjoy it on at least some level.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Ever since we traded away our first round pick I think that was a dumb mindset. Nothing to gain from losing games.

Well, I think the mind-set is that if we lose, Garrett and Prescott get replaced. But we could lose every game and have the Joneses still believe that Garrett is the right coach and Dak the right quarterback if they bring in the right OC.

Nav22

Reaction score
I get all that but you gotta see some flashes of high instincts to play the position and we get the same thing from Dak every week. It's the same win or lose.

Just nothing about the guy points to him ever being a prolific passer. Especially under these coaches.
14 points in the 4th quarter last week. On the road in a must-win game.

13 points in the 3rd quarter this week. On the road in a must-win game.

He’s been excellent in the clutch.

I don’t know what your “eye test” is showing you, or your definition of “prolific passer”... but for his career, he’s completed 65.1% of his passes for 72 total TD and 22 INT, with a 94.2 passer rating.

That’s a guy you’re throwing in the trash bin at age 25? Really???

Even if you eliminated 2016, his numbers are 43 total TD, 18 INT and an 88.0 passer rating.

The guy isn’t a lost cause. Far from it.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Last week: GARRETT SUCKS! HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!

This week: Haha, you want us to tank? We just beat a 4-5 team, chief! We're turning it around now!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
14 points in the 4th quarter last week. On the road in a must-win game.

13 points in the 3rd quarter this week. On the road in a must-win game.

He’s been excellent in the clutch.

I don’t know what your “eye test” is showing you, or your definition of “prolific passer”... but for his career, he’s completed 65.1% of his passes for 72 total TD and 22 INT, with a 94.2 passer rating.

That’s a guy you’re throwing in the trash bin at age 25? Really???

Even if you eliminated 2016, his numbers are 43 total TD, 18 INT and an 88.0 passer rating.

The guy isn’t a lost cause. Far from it.

I'm not throwing him the in trash bin. I'm just desperately trying to upgrade.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Last week: GARRETT SUCKS! HE NEEDS TO BE FIRED!

This week: Haha, you want us to tank? We just beat a 4-5 team, chief! We're turning it around now!

Garrett does need to go but a football miracle has happened the past couple of weeks and somehow we're in position to take hold of the division.

Washington just lost their QB and Philly is on the ropes. 9-7 is gonna win this division. 10-6 is a lock. Heck 8-8 could be in play.

rynochop

Reaction score
Cowherd just said Garrett isn't going anywhere this year regardless fwiw, so those conflicted may as well root to win

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Garrett does need to go but a football miracle has happened the past couple of weeks and somehow we're in position to take hold of the division.

Washington just lost their QB and Philly is on the ropes. 9-7 is gonna win this division. 10-6 is a lock. Heck 8-8 could be in play.

He's not going if we continue to hype up beating mediocre to bad teams.

Get back to me when we beat a team over .500

Nav22

Reaction score
I'm not throwing him the in trash bin. I'm just desperately trying to upgrade.
If KC is down to trade us Mahomes for Dak, cool.

Most NFL teams want an upgrade at QB. Easier said than done. It’s all about winning at the end of the day. Dak led this team to a 13-3 record as a rookie.

If 2016 Dak is back for good (big IF), I feel great about the QB position.

Nav22

Reaction score
He's not going if we continue to hype up beating mediocre to bad teams.

Get back to me when we beat a team over .500
The Eagles haven’t beaten a team over .500 either, now have they?

The Eagles themselves are BELOW .500 because Dak went into Wentz’s house and outplayed him. HAH!!!!

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I am not happy with Garrett, and even if he sneaks into the playoffs and gets another loss it wont change my mind.

This team with this talent could be so much more.

I dont root for losses but i dont think Dallas wins every game just cause they are Dallas.

It took how many games for Linehan to understand the offense goes with Zeke?

That Alexander was a bad hire?

It could be a case of little to late. Its nice they are having a Pheonix moment, but lets see what happens first.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If KC is down to trade us Mahomes for Dak, cool.

Most NFL teams want an upgrade at QB. Easier said than done. It’s all about winning at the end of the day. Dak led this team to a 13-3 record as a rookie.

If 2016 Dak is back for good (big IF), I feel great about the QB position.

We're 5-5 mainly because of Dak's inabilities to throw the ball and poor play designs.

It is all about winning and Dallas is a team ready to fly but is held back because we can't throw the football and need so many things clicking in order for the coach and QB to not look lost.