Who is the best option at QB?

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Your plan for QB. You lamented the fact that advocating for anyone but Dak gets you labeled a hater or a troll. I was genuinely interested in what you would do if you were the decision maker.

I'd transition tag Dak. It's the fairest thing for all parties concerned. I'd draft a young QB and I'd sign a decent Vet.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I know exactly what I'm talking about. YOU simply can't handle the truth. Quit wasting our time with your anti-Dak diatribe. Dak is getting resigned to a very lucrative contract very soon. Another fact.

Really, then you won't mind tell me what my position was on Romo and his contract. Go ahead, prove me right.

KB1122

Reaction score
?I'm intrigued by Jameis Winston. It depends on one question: can you win today playing Seventies-style turnover-heavy football in this day and age? I would say this about it. The league is full of control freaks at coach and OC who want to play safe. So he's an outlier. And the way to get to the top is to be an outlier.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Really, then you won't mind tell me what my position was on Romo and his contract. Go ahead, prove me right.
You anti-Dakers constantly complaining is a waste of time considering Dak is going to be here for a very long time. Why? Because he's that good. He's going to get paid high market value because he's earned it. Like I said before, I didn't hear y'all complaining when Romo was being paid as the highest paid QB in the league back in 2012.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You anti-Dakers constantly complaining is a waste of time considering Dak is going to be here for a very long time. Why? Because he's that good. He's going to get paid high market value because he's earned it. Like I said before, I didn't hear y'all complaining when Romo was being paid as the highest paid QB in the league back in 2012.

You weren't even here during the Romo years. Who are you trying to kid? If you were, you wouldn't be saying the stupid stuff you are saying now. Move on, you got nothing for me. I don't do lying or stupid. You are peddling way too much of both here today.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You weren't even here during the Romo years. Who are you trying to kid? If you were, you wouldn't be saying the stupid stuff you are saying now. Move on, you got nothing for me. I don't do lying or stupid. You are peddling way too much of both here today.
I've been a member since the summer of 2011, so yes, I was here. Just hardly commented due to spending most time on old DC forums. You might want to get your facts straight once again before accusing someone of lying or being stupid, something you do well.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
:clap:
You basically described it for me. I know theoretically the WCO should be of benefit because it seems to suit QBs.

My question is this: Can we expect Dak's skill set to flourish in an offense reliant on timing & ball placement?
Dak is short on timing and ball placement.

Absolutely.

Not even sure enough can be taught to Dak in time for 2020.

Dak is really strong at somethings.

But basically I see him as a 'street baller'.

To me that means he plays best when he moves out of the pocket and throws to a WR that breaks free. He targets well on the move.

Not so much when he needs to read progressions and throw on timing. The WCO requires a thinking QB who can play a read ahead of what the defense wants to do

I do not see and have never seen Dak do this..not by design anyway.

That is not what he had in college and not what he had in 2016 under Linehan.

It was quickly throw to the first open man.

After having Romo hold the ball for game after game..

Dak was a complete departure offensively.

So now we are expecting Dak to grasp a very different set of offensive keys under Mc Carthy?

We have a rough road ahead I think.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've been a member since the summer of 2011, so yes, I was here. Just hardly commented due to spending most time on old DC forums. You might want to get your facts straight once again before accusing someone of lying or being stupid, something you do well.

That don't mean Jack. I was a member here long before that and I know who was posting and who wasn't. Anybody, at all, who knows me knows my position on the Romo Contract situation. You, well, you are clueless so what does that tell you? You weren't here. You don't know what you are talking about and you are tying to say something without actually saying it.

I've told you already once, take your show elsewhere. I am not, at all interested in this kind of BS.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Dak Prescott

Drew Bress

Tom Brady

Jamois Winston

Philip Rivers

Marcus Mariota

Ryan Tannahill

Teddy Bridewater

Case Keenam

Cooper Rush

Or add a name you think is possible.

Interested who is in your thoughts at this point.

Drew Brees - Why would he want to come to dallas? learn a new system? get used to playing with new players. and how much money does he want...for only 2 years maybe?

Tom Brady - Why would he want to come to dallas? learn a new system? get used to playing with new players. and how much money does he want...for only 2 years maybe?

Jamois Winston - heck no. what has he done to deserve a contract? do you want to put the team's future in this immature idiots hands...

Philip Rivers - his goose is cooked. he hasn't been any good for couple of years.

Marcus Mariota - he sucks. heck no.

Ryan Tannahill - does he want to come here? why? ho wmuch money does he want. he would be the most tangible candidate I would consider.

Teddy Bridewater - I am not sure I want him. he was average in Minn. he did OK in NO, but is it the system. the players....not willing to give him anything long and he would probably be a bridge to the next guy (no pun intended). he is not a franchise type player

Case Keenam - heck no. waste of time. proven to be nothing but back up material and stop gap to get your to your franchise QB

Cooper Rush - ***....no really ***

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Drew Brees - Why would he want to come to dallas? learn a new system? get used to playing with new players. and how much money does he want...for only 2 years maybe?

Tom Brady - Why would he want to come to dallas? learn a new system? get used to playing with new players. and how much money does he want...for only 2 years maybe?

Jamois Winston - heck no. what has he done to deserve a contract? do you want to put the team's future in this immature idiots hands...

Philip Rivers - his goose is cooked. he hasn't been any good for couple of years.

Ryan Tannahill - does he want to come here? why? ho wmuch money does he want. he would be the most tangible candidate I would consider.

Teddy Bridewater - I am not sure I want him. he was average in Minn. he did OK in NO, but is it the system. the players....not willing to give him anything long and he would probably be a bridge to the next guy (no pun intended). he is not a franchise type player

Case Keenam - heck no. waste of time. proven to be nothing but back up material and stop gap to get your to your franchise QB

Don't forget about the possibility of bringing in Luck. No idea if he would do it but he's out there too.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

Something might change with this next draft, who knows?

Some teams will be drafting QBs and shuffling the ones they now have.

And who knows how long signing Dak will take?

Hmmm..

if our past in resigning and replacing players is reflective with Zeke and Tank and our plans to replace Dez by Committee are representative..

It will feature wasted time and paying too much for Dak.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
LOL......like I said in my Dak Ain't Seen Nothing Yet thread, it's going to get ugly once signs the dotted line. Imagine the mindset of the fans/posters still hoping we don't sign him long-term and for some, replace him straight up/cold turkey. Huge mental leap to Dak ACTUALLY GETTING his $35M multi-year deal. Now add in how fans like to remind each other they're right about a player. If Dak as much as piss in the wrong direction, the board will hear about his contract......lol

starfan1

Reaction score
LOL......like I said in my Dak Ain't Seen Nothing Yet thread, it's going to get ugly once signs the dotted line. Imagine the mindset of the fans/posters still hoping we don't sign him long-term and for some, replace him straight up/cold turkey. Huge mental leap to Dak ACTUALLY GETTING his $35M multi-year deal. Now add in how fans like to remind each other they're right about a player. If Dak as much as piss in the wrong direction, the board will hear about his contract......lol

:hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
That don't mean Jack. I was a member here long before that and I know who was posting and who wasn't. Anybody, at all, who knows me knows my position on the Romo Contract situation. You, well, you are clueless so what does that tell you? You weren't here. You don't know what you are talking about and you are tying to say something without actually saying it.

I've told you already once, take your show elsewhere. I am not, at all interested in this kind of BS.
So you were against the Romo contract? If so, hooray. I'll buy you a beer someday. But at the same time, you're wrong about Dak. Badly. Dak is going to get paid, handsomely, because he's earned it, plus he's young, improved, highly durable, is a multiple threat and the franchise leader of this team. I don't agree with he getting more than $33 mil per, but the market is going to dictate he get paid a little higher than that per year, which he will receive.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

If he holds out for that kind of contract and he fails to produce, he should. He should hear all of it because that contract will likely be the reason he doesn't have help around him. Don't get me wrong, Jerry will get his share as well. ......