Who Is The Best Team In Texas?

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;3855725 said:
Mavs or Spurs?

Let's see. Who's six game back in the Western Conference? Who's best banner from their stadium's rafters says only "Western Conference Champions"? Which team got sent home last year in the first round as the second seed losing to the seventh?

Yeah, San Antonio owns Dallas in both history, and currently.

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3855736 said:
Let's see. Who's six game back in the Western Conference? Who's best banner from their stadium's rafters says only "Western Conference Champions"? Which team got sent home last year in the first round as the second seed losing to the seventh?

I agree. As a Laker fan I respect the Spurs because I know how dominant they have been in the past and how capable they are now. The Mavs are no different than the Cowboys till they show otherwise.

kristie

Reaction score
spurs. they have the titles, the mavs don't. they have the best record in the NBA, the mavs don't.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Ironic, isn't it, that Houston still doesn't warrant a piece of the conversation?

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3855769 said:
Ironic, isn't it, that Houston still doesn't warrant a piece of the conversation?

Who? Not even sure why the Spurs are in the conversation either. You have Dallas / Fort Worth sports, then you have all the crap left over.

jimmy40

Reaction score
at least with youtube we have our memories

[youtube]hW4uXlRGAF0[/youtube]

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score

They should ..... they are the second best texas team in the NBA.

Spurs - 4 titles
Rockets - 2 titles
Mavs - suck

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
so what this really is, is just another trash the mavs thread?

cool, we needed one of those.

Kind of funny though the reason people in here so easily state the mavs suck, they dont apply to the cowboys recent stretch. There are tons of reasons why the cowboys havent won a title, but for the mavs its just that they suck. And the same people who apply this to the mavs, go crazy and go after people when it is applied to the cowboys.

kind of funny.

jimmy40

Reaction score
zrinkill;3855815 said:
They should ..... they are the second best texas team in the NBA.

Spurs - 4 titles
Rockets - 2 titles
Mavs - suck
and the Spurs didn't have to play Bird and the Celtics in the finals twice

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
As far as all Sports.

Dallas Cowboys - 5 Championships
San Antonio Spurs - 4 Championships
Houston Comets - 4 Championships
Houston Rockets - 2 Championships
Dallas Stars - 1 Championship
Texas Rangers
Houston Astros
San Antonio Silver Stars
Dallas Mavericks
Houston Texans

In That Order.

:laugh2:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
jimmy40;3855833 said:
and the Spurs didn't have to play Bird and the Celtics in the finals twice

And the only reason the Rockets won those two is because Michael Jordon was playing baseball.

So we could do this "what if" crap all day.

jimmy40

Reaction score
zrinkill;3855854 said:
And the only reason the Rockets won those two is because Michael Jordon was playing baseball.

So we could do this "what if" crap all day.

Hakeem vs Jordan, man that would have been great.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
jimmy40;3855867 said:
Hakeem vs Jordan, man that would have been great.

No doubt ..... For a 2 year stretch Hakeem was arguably the most unstoppable center of all time.

He absolutely embarrassed the Admiral, Shaq, and Ewing, he was so smooth he made them look like they were moving in slow motion.

I will never forget the move he put on David Robinson (.54 mark in that video) at the baseline, it was incredible.

Its sad that right at the pinnacle of his game ..... injuries and age started taking their toll.

jimmy40

Reaction score
zrinkill;3855871 said:
No doubt ..... For a 2 year stretch Hakeem was arguably the most unstoppable center of all time.

He absolutely embarrassed the Admiral, Shaq, and Ewing, he was so smooth he made them look like they were moving in slow motion.

I will never forget the move he put on David Robinson (.54 mark in that video) at the baseline, it was incredible.

Its sad that right at the pinnacle of his game ..... injuries and age started taking their toll.
I think we always knew as soon as Hakeem's legs started to go he was going to be finished in a hurry, he was never going to be able to hang around like a Shaq can.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Mavericks.

Dallas has better bigs and a better bench.

If we had Caron Butler it wouldn't be close.

Peja + Roddy have helped out so much.

MC KAos

Reaction score
CATCH17;3856078 said:
Mavericks.

Dallas has better bigs and a better bench.

If we had Caron Butler it wouldn't be close.

Peja + Roddy have helped out so much.

if you had CARON BUTLER it wouldnt be close?!?!?! :laugh2:

thats a good one, i didnt realize caron butler was such a winner! if your franchise is tied down to CARON BUTLER then you are in a heap of trouble!

also, your saying that it wouldnt be close? are you saying the mavs would be like 54 and 4 or better? because thats the only way the mavs would have the same lead on the spurs that the spurs currently enjoy on little brother from big D

btw, the mavs are still choke artist and they havent done anything in the last 4 years to prove otherwise (or ever for that matter)

the spurs are infinitely >>>>>>>> Mavs and, in fact, are close to being the best franchise ever in the state if the cowboys dont start improving soon

baj1dallas

Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3855736 said:

Yeah even though I think the Mavs can beat the Spurs, right now the Spurs have the better record and they knocked the Mavs out of the playoffs last year. They're on top of the hill until the Mavs knock them off (which will be in the conference title game this year!)