Who is the future at QB?

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I admit I don't watch a lot of college ball but I hear names like Goff and Lynch but they are saying the Browns may grab Goff. Don't tell me there are no good QB's in this draft because there is no way to know that. Who would you want the Cowboys to draft THIS YEAR that could Possibly be a franchise QB that would lead us for years to come. I guess I'm just curious who's out there that COULD get it done.....I'm also talking when Romo is done which is probably soon......

PS. I have to admit I have always been a Johnny Football fan but I just don't think he has the mental makeup to be a future star.........

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry will move up to grab one of the top 2. WI'll likely grab JF , and why not little cost huge potential with our OL. Not to mention he has the baby sitters in place.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
Jerry will move up to grab one of the top 2. WI'll likely grab JF , and why not little cost huge potential with our OL. Not to mention he has the baby sitters in place.

I got a feeling that if JF comes here it won't be for long...I just don't think Garret, or Jerry, will put up with his antics..........

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I admit I don't watch a lot of college ball but I hear names like Goff and Lynch but they are saying the Browns may grab Goff. Don't tell me there are no good QB's in this draft because there is no way to know that. Who would you want the Cowboys to draft THIS YEAR that could Possibly be a franchise QB that would lead us for years to come. I guess I'm just curious who's out there that COULD get it done.....I'm also talking when Romo is done which is probably soon......

PS. I have to admit I have always been a Johnny Football fan but I just don't think he has the mental makeup to be a future star.........

Not to go into too much detail in the Fan Zone (I really recommend you check out the Draft Zone, there is a ton of info in there).

There are really 2 QBs that most analyst consider "franchise QBs" and they will both go in the top 10, that is Lynch from Memphis and Goff from Cal. Lynch is considered the better athlete and has tremendous size, around 6'7 and has a cannon for an arm. Think of him as a poor man's Cam Newton with great size, strength, and arm power, but with some accuracy issues. Goff on the other hand is smaller, around 6'2 and is not as athletic as Lynch, but has superior accuracy and ball placement.

So the issue is, do you want a big, athletic QB with a cannon for an arm that maybe is not the most accurate or do you want a smaller QB, not really a running threat, and a weaker arm, but has outstanding accuracy and ball placement? That really is the debate between the two of them.

Check out the Draft Zone for more info on both or go to utube and watch some of their videos and see how you grade each of them out.

Staubacher

Reaction score
So the issue is, do you want a big, athletic QB with a cannon for an arm that maybe is not the most accurate or do you want a smaller QB, not really a running threat, and a weaker arm, but has outstanding accuracy and ball placement?

Neither sound like a top 4 pick based on those descriptions.

And because of that I prefer a impact DL, LB, or OL who is going to be great in the NFL for 10 years.

This isn't the draft to gamble on a QB that high. Jerrah always gets in trouble with that immediate need overreach.

Has anyone learned from Draft Day lol

Last edited:

Staubacher

Reaction score
Me too, but I think Garrett convinces Jerry to get as many players who can help in 2016

One of the rare things I would agree with Garrett on in part. Don't force a QB with the 4th pick if he isn't worth it. Take the most incredibly talented impact player when you get a rare pick that high.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Neither sound like a top 4 pick based on those descriptions.

And because of that I prnefer a impact DL, LB, or OL who is going to be great in the NFL for 10 years.

This isn't the draft to gamble on a QB that high. Jerrah always gets in trouble with that immediate need overreach.

Has anyone learned from Draft Day lol

Yea, that is a good point................they are the two best QBs in this draft, but they both have some significant flaws

Neither is the prospect that Winston and Marriota were last year.