Who is the future at QB?

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anybody that thinks dallas is going qb in the first 2 rounds is going to be let down.

There's only one thing Jerry hasn't tried in the last 20 years of futility and that's getting a blue chip quarterback he has the chance he won't let go

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Lynch hurt his draft stock during the recent Bowl game. Saw real SEC competition and he wilted.

True, he did himself no favors with that bowl performance whereas Goff was lighting up the scoreboard left and right.

However, I am hesitant to totally discount him based off that one game. The same thing happened to Derek Carr, he had a horrible bowl game and that is why he slid to the 2nd round, but he has turned into a pretty good QB at the NFL level.

Plus, Lynch did have an excellent game when Memphis upset #13 Ole Miss.................he had 384 yards and 3 TDs

IAmLegend

Reaction score
Not to go into too much detail in the Fan Zone (I really recommend you check out the Draft Zone, there is a ton of info in there).

There are really 2 QBs that most analyst consider "franchise QBs" and they will both go in the top 10, that is Lynch from Memphis and Goff from Cal. Lynch is considered the better athlete and has tremendous size, around 6'7 and has a cannon for an arm. Think of him as a poor man's Cam Newton with great size, strength, and arm power, but with some accuracy issues. Goff on the other hand is smaller, around 6'2 and is not as athletic as Lynch, but has superior accuracy and ball placement.

Goff is a legit 6'4, or 6'3.5 at worst. Just a bit wirey at only 215 lbs. Needs to get stronger.

Last edited:

NumOneQB

Reaction score
If they don't draft a QB, I think RG3 is worth looking at. Otherwise, the future post Romo QB of this franchise is NOT currently on the roster.

DallasDomination

Reaction score
I'm not a big college guy either but I gotta say none of these guys seem like franchise qbs.. honestly I guess Goff is a decent prospect but if he's gone I say hell no to Lynch. Just wait and pick someone in the 2nd like Wentz or something.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Whoever it is, I hope they aren't taken with the 4th overall pick.

I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on RG3. Manziel is a different story but I'd much rather have either one of them than any of the top QBs in this years draft.

Our QB play was atrocious this year but our defense needs to generate turnovers. The team AS A WHOLE had 8 interceptions this year. There are two PLAYERS (Nelson, Peters) who have 8 interception by themselves. A pass rusher (Bosa) or a ball hawk in the secondary (Ramsey) would help out immensely as far as generating some turnovers.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think the 2 best college QB's are Goff and Lynch and will gladly take either one. Both are higher rated than Wentz and Cook so why would I want to take the guys who are viewed with lesser talent?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
With all our personnel needs and the aging of tony/Witten, it makes me think that we won't get back to the Super Bowl until 2025. It's going to be a long road to Tipperary, blokes!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think the 2 best college QB's are Goff and Lynch and will gladly take either one. Both are higher rated than Wentz and Cook so why would I want to take the guys who are viewed with lesser talent?

Wasn't It a Alex Smith that had more talent then Aaron Rodgers? Johnny Football more talent then Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr? Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning? Every QB over Tom Brady and Tony Romo?

Just because people have them ranked higher don't mean they will be better pro players

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Wasn't It a Alex Smith that had more talent then Aaron Rodgers? Johnny Football more talent then Teddy Bridgewater and Derek Carr? Ryan Leaf over Peyton Manning? Every QB over Tom Brady and Tony Romo?

Just because people have them ranked higher don't mean they will be better pro players

That is true and for all we know Wentz could be even worse. No matter who Dallas takes at 4 that player could potential not pan out. Does not change the fact that you go out grade the players and select guys who feel are the best. If Goff and Lynch are grading out higher then to me it makes sense to go after them. It is like saying this CB grades out much higher than this CB but I will take the lesser of the 2 because Claiborne was a bust.