Who is the most Athletically gifted player on the Cowboys?

ThatJerryKid

cowboys31
Reaction score
I don't think there's ever been a more athletic freak on the Cowboys than Tyron Smith.

Offensive linemen aren't built like him. They can't do what he does.
But you don’t draft a RT at #9. I still remember all the complaining. This site is so cute.....

InTheZone

Reaction score
Healthy Jaylon, Gregory, Byron Jones, or LVE?
J. Smith (Most physically fit, like TO and Dez)
B. Jones (Most athletic?)
T. Smith (most fit and athletic offensive lineman?)
Zeke (doesn't look extremely cut, but is very athletic)
J. Heath (fast, strong, forces fumbles and hts hard, has to count for something)

Billyd

Reaction score
Jaylon Smith..How many starting lbs run a 4.5 in the NFL? One, him...

Zeke-Best power back with speed in the Nfl.. (I know there is a debate about that)

Byron Jones - There is that...

Tyrone Smith - FREAK of Nature

Dak Prescott - although a better athlete would probably not have his accuracy issues, he runs as good as any qb, and his throws on the run are some of the best in the NFL...

When you start down this road, you should realize we are lucky at least from the standpoint of the talent on the Cowboys roster, is some of the best in the Nfl....They need to get Number six before we all go bat _____!

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
No, but Zeke was a state champion in the 100 meters, 200 meters, 110 meter hurdles, and 300 meter hurdles, winning all within a 2 and 1/2 time frame. He recorded career-best times of 10.95 seconds in the 100 meters 22.05 seconds in the 200 meters, 13.77 seconds in the 110 meter hurdles and 37.52 seconds in the 300 meter hurdles.

Impressive numbers, but they aren't that mind-blowing considering what other sprinters are running.

My vote would go to Byron Jones. He has a 44 inch vertical and holds the world record in the standing broad jump. He obviously has a long way to go in terms of becomming a great football player, but all the natural abilities are there.

Point-of-the-Star

Reaction score
I can't believe Y'all. Obviously the correct answer is Jason Garrett. The strength, speed, coordination, and stamina of his clapping is unmatched in the known world or even in history.

Yeah, I know he's not an actual player but does possess mad skills

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would have to agree with those who said Tyron Smith. Before he hurt his back, he was the best, most athleticly dominant football player on this team and has HOF talent.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Overall it's Byron Jones and it isn't close. Jones is, based on measurable data, one of the five most athletic players in the entire league.

Relative to their position group though it's Tyron Smith. Dude is easily the most athletic offensive lineman in football.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Overall it's Byron Jones and it isn't close. Jones is, based on measurable data, one of the five most athletic players in the entire league.

Relative to their position group though it's Tyron Smith. Dude is easily the most athletic offensive lineman in football.

Be nice if that would translate to more production on the field.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
I mean, come on. Humans don't look like this.

vl2i0AW.jpg

DFWJC

Reaction score
I don't think there's ever been a more athletic freak on the Cowboys than Tyron Smith.

Offensive linemen aren't built like him. They can't do what he does.
I thought this was the easy answer too.
Some seem to disagree

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Healthy Jaylon, Gregory, Byron Jones, or LVE?

Jaylon Smith - Pre-Injury it would have been Jaylon Smith. He had a reported 4.4 forty in college. One report said 4.38 forty.

Byron Jones - Looks even faster on the field than his 4.43 forty and obviously he can jump out of the building.

Randy Gregory - Many people think he is even faster than the 4.64 forty he ran at the combine.

Tyron Smith - Physical Freak.

Eric Pinkins - 6-3, 220, 4.44 forty, 39.5" vert

Charles Tapper - 4.59 forty, 6-2, 271
The only player I know of over 270 that ran a sub 4.6 forty.

Tavon Austin - He looks faster than his 4.31 forty.

Rico - His measurables don't look overwhelming on paper but not many players that big can move the way he does on the field. He looks like a bigger MartyB and MB is arguably more physically gifted than Gronk.

Last edited:

alicetooljam

Reaction score
Impressive numbers, but they aren't that mind-blowing considering what other sprinters are running.

My vote would go to Byron Jones. He has a 44 inch vertical and holds the world record in the standing broad jump. He obviously has a long way to go in terms of becomming a great football player, but all the natural abilities are there.

In comparison heres some info for Jones: At the 2010 NVL Outdoor T&F Championships, he earned first-place finishes in both the 200 meters (22.13s) and 400 meters (48.43s). Zekes 200 meters is actually faster...not arguing, I just find it interesting.

https://www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=1209819#!/L0