Who is the most Athletically gifted player on the Cowboys?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Byron Jones without a doubt. Obviously that does not make him the best player.

InTheZone

Reaction score
Impressive numbers, but they aren't that mind-blowing considering what other sprinters are running.

My vote would go to Byron Jones. He has a 44 inch vertical and holds the world record in the standing broad jump. He obviously has a long way to go in terms of becomming a great football player, but all the natural abilities are there.
his broad jump was beat this year I believe by one player, still super impressive

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
To me, it seems likely Byron Jones is the most athletically gifted. Whether he's the best football player or not is another matter. Maybe we'll learn more about that possibility this year. Like many here, I'm hoping his new position finds him doing significantly better as a player. If so, it'd be terrific.

Last edited:

StarMan2112

Reaction score
I’d say Chaz Green. Dude can dodge a DE faster than any RB I’ve ever seen.

C42

Reaction score
I remember that long run by Ajayi. As soon as he broke free I was looking for Jones because I knew he was the only guy catching him. Sucks, it ended up happening.

Scotman

Reaction score
I don't think there's ever been a more athletic freak on the Cowboys than Tyron Smith.

Offensive linemen aren't built like him. They can't do what he does.
This is the right answer. People like him don't exist...don't come around...even in the NFL.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Healthy Jaylon, Gregory, Byron Jones, or LVE?

I'd put Lee up there. Athleticism is about more than your muscles. He's got coordination and instincts. He can play. And I bet that generalizes to most any sport.

Byron has the muscles, but has never shown that he's got game.

Tony was never the picture of athleticism, but he's also good at basketball and golf. Tony is a gamer.

I'd call Dez more athletic than all of them in terms of coordination and control. Too bad he didn't make more of it.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Tyron Smith.
only The Lord makes'm that big...that strong...that agile...that athletic.

MCMetal69

Reaction score
Jason Garrett

Best hand/eye clapping coordination in the league , much less the team................

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I mean, come on. Humans don't look like this.

vl2i0AW.jpg

Dude was like 19 years old at that time too. It's not even fair.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
I don't think there's ever been a more athletic freak on the Cowboys than Tyron Smith.

Offensive linemen aren't built like him. They can't do what he does.
He’s an athletic freak when his back is 100%. Bad backs make one stiff. He was stiff and unable to move like he needed too at times last year. I hope he gets back to being a freak this year!