Who is the one player from an opposing team you grew to hate as an Cowboys fan?

Swagger

Reaction score
I can understand why Cowboy fans hate Rodgers. He always beat us in the play offs and can come across as smug and arrogant. But I just enjoy watching him play. I don't know any of these pro athletes personally so I don't have any attachments for or against them.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s a big difference between hate and “sports hate”. The latter is not something I’ve ever taken serious. I have 4 adult children and 4 grandchildren and I find them all to be kinder than my generation by far. All this topic is to me is a fun list- not any kind of hate in a serious way.
I didn’t mean to direct this at you . As I often do when a topic sparks my reaction I’m speaking to a broader crowd which I see using the word “ hate” to describe anyone or anything they oppose. It’s concerning to me especially with the unrest we are seeing in society today.

Surely there’s a better word or way to describe these players we are rooting or have rooted against .

Swagger

Reaction score
So to answer the initial question, I don't really hate any opposing players.

I didn't like Richard Sherman verbally calling out Crabtree straight after such an intense game. I thought it took away from how well Sherman had just played and made him look disrespectful and it was unnecessary.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can understand why Cowboy fans hate Rodgers. He always beat us in the play offs and can come across as smug and arrogant. But I just enjoy watching him play. I don't know any of these pro athletes personally so I don't have any attachments for or against them.
That’s a much better attitude . Nothing wrong with rooting against players but I can’t imagine true fans of the game not wanting to watch the best of the best perform.

This is exactly what attracted opposing fans to watch and root against the Cowboys because for years they were considered one of the best.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn’t mean to direct this at you . As I often do when a topic sparks my reaction I’m speaking to a broader crowd which I see using the word “ hate” to describe anyone or anything they oppose. It’s concerning to me especially with the unrest we are seeing in society today.

Surely there’s a better word or way to describe these players we are rooting or have rooted against .
No worries Greggo, I didn’t take it that way. I was just saying I don’t take the term “hate” in sports serious at all. Real hate is all too real these days. “Sports hate” to me is just a completely different type of fun that sports allows.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Randall Cunningham was the most frustrating for me. It was mindboggling how often we seemed to have him trapped in the backfield and he found a way to slip through and run for 10 yards or more. Phenomenal athlete.

But most hated? Like I mentioned above, if a coach were eligible under the topic of the thread, it would be George Allen. Spawn of Satan as far as I'm concerned.

But since it is limited to players, I'll go with Diron Talbert, who was the adopted child of the spawn of Satan. Both he and his coach hated the Cowboys and enthusiastically sought to injure Cowboy players.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Much like the Patriots the last couple decades. Many of us rooted against them but surely everyone wanted to watch the best team and arguable best QB in the league perform.

I wasn’t a Bulls fan but loved to watch Jordan play. I’m truly concerned the direction we’re headed in sports when we “ hate” individual players mostly cause of the team they play for.

blueblood70

Reaction score
i find it ironic a lot of you listed players that simply kicked our arses beat us etc , to me that not someone to hate, they simply were great players..

the ones to hate are the a holes who were dirty, said hateful things in interviews, the ones that made threats and tried to hurt players on purpose..

definitely a lot of the old eagles players from Buddy ryan days far too many to list and those that cheered when MI went down..of cosurse someone mentioned Haynsworth for sure..at one it it was TO for the Star incident but once he became a Cowboy all was forgiven..

more recently Martellis Bennett for his big mouth after he left but the entire NFC East for obvious reasons..

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No worries Greggo, I didn’t take it that way. I was just saying I don’t take the term “hate” in sports serious at all. Real hate is all too real these days. “Sports hate” to me is just a completely different type of fun that sports allows.
I hope that’s the case for everyone. I’d still prefer using a less vitriol word or description .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
i find it ironic a lot of you listed players that simply kicked our arses beat us etc , to me that not someone to hate, they simply were great players..

the ones to hate are the a holes who were dirty, said hateful things in interviews, the ones that made threats and tried to hurt players on purpose..

definitely a lot of the old eagles players from Buddy ryan days far too many to list and those that cheered when MI went down..of cosurse someone mentioned Haynsworth for sure..at one it it was TO for the Star incident but once he became a Cowboy all was forgiven..

more recently Martellis Bennett for his big mouth after he left but the entire NFC East for obvious reasons..
Yea, much like with opposing fans who have tormented and threatened my loved ones at games, I tend to feel this animosity more towards them than players.

And your reference to coaches like Buddy Ryan or in another post above George Allen who intentionally placed bounties or intention to harm our players. They should have been held in contempt of the game.

Darkhound

Reaction score
My list is funny but here it goes

Ricky Waters
Terrel Owens

Recently

Randy Moss
Aaron Rodgers

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Really, why is that? A lot of people do hate him - I just don't understand.

I respect a great sportsman but then I enjoy watching Aaron Rodgers play (not against us). I like Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Lewis Hamilton, Ronnie O'Sullivan. The greats in their respective fields. I suppose some people just resent or are jealous of success.
My reasons are my reasons. I can't share those seasons here because it would violate a few CZ rules.