Who is winning championships without a Franchise QB?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Im not trolling anyone, do you even understand the definition of "trolling" ?
Talk to some fishermen, thats where you will begin to understand the term.
The term that defines you as a poster here on this forum.

Sure buddy, I'll go talk to a freshman. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:

So Im talking to a college kid right now?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
The problem is Dak isn't a franchise QB except to Dak apologists like you. Ironic that Dak is a prefect bus driver but cow-girl crushes just can't see it. Sad oh so sad troll.

Uh Oh!!!! Troll alert!!!!

Dak sucks!!!! WAAAAAA!!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Typical bandwagon fan. Satisfied with less. Dak is nothing without a Defense just like all other QBs with rings.
You are a typical Madden fan. Think you can create any fantasy roster you want. And you are special...In 13 years years you made me defend Gregg for the first time with your stupidity. Send me your address for a free cookie.

CWR

Reaction score
I consider Brad Johnson more of a jorneyman starter than a franchise QB.
Vikings - 5 seasons: no starts in the first two, 23 starts over the next three years
Commanders- 2 seasons: 27 starts
Buccaneers - 4 seasons: 45 starts in first 3 seasons, 4 starts in the fourth year
Vikings - 2 seasons: 23 starts
Cowboys - 2 seasons: Backup QB, 3 starts in final year of career

That was a typo. I meant to say although he was pretty good for a brief period I don't consider him a franchise QB.

bsbellomy

Reaction score
It’s rare. And I’m not talking about Elite QB’s. Just Franchise QB’s.

The only exception is those Generational defenses but even they had closer to a Franchise QB.

Despite however you feel about our QB and or his value , he has us over a barrel. Mostly because we hadn’t caved in earlier seasons. 35 million a year for 4 years he was asking for last year looks pretty good now. We knew it was just going to cost us more by holding out.

Anyway, If the 3 year deal he’s demanding is too much for 41 million, etc which not many would argue , our chances of drafting and developing another franchise QB in the next couple years not very likely.

It’s basically a matter of lesser of two evils. Worse case scenarios.

I certainly see our top 10 offense with an over paid QB more likely to carry a rebuilding defense to a division title and playoffs than without a Franchise QB. And if the offense really gels and we hit in a couple draft picks on defense while a couple previous picks blossom we could have closer to an average defense .

If not then it basically becomes a total rebuild. Who has much hope this dysfunctional organization will get that right. And how many years are we away from being competitive again. I just don’t see how knowing what we know with this leadership we can be hopeful that’s a better alternative.

Alright, you talked me into it. Lets bring in Drew Brees.

Motorola

Reaction score
Romo was a Rudy. Nowhere near a franchise QB.
Tony Romo
- starting Cowboys QB last 10 games of 2006 season
- starting Cowboys QB beginning every season 2007-15 = 9 consecutive years
- Cowboys 2nd most games alltime as starting QB - behind Aikman, ahead of Staubach
- Cowboys 3rd most games alltime the team won as starting QB - behind Aikman & Staubach
- Cowboys passing records All time:
2nd in attempts & completions;
1st in completion %, yards, touchdown passes
Tony Romo was a franchise QB for the Dallas Cowboys.

Last edited:

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Tony Romo
- starting Cowboys QB last 10 games of 2006 season
- starting Cowboys QB beginning every season 2007-15 = 9 consecutive years
- Cowboys 2nd most games alltime as starting QB - behind Aikman, ahead of Staubach
- Cowboys 3rd most games alltime the team won as starting QB - behind Aikman & Staubach
- Cowboys passing records All time:
2nd in attempts & completions;
1st in completion %, yards, touchdown passes
And that means?

Motorola

Reaction score
And that means?
He was a franchise quarterback. For a decade - October 2006 to November 2016 - the Dallas Cowboys did not pursue no other quarterback - via trade, free agency, or the draft - to immediately supplant Tony Romo as the starter. That is the definition of a franchise QB. The success of his longtime tenure are debatable among Cowboys fans specifically, and NFL fans-media-historians in general (definitely when the playoff record is brought up). But that is separate from the fact that Romo was the fixture and the face of the Cowboys under center for that time.

Last edited:
Reactions: CWR

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
The real question is whether the Cowboys can win their 6th consecutive Forbes Most Valuable Sports Franchise championship in July. All of the accounting fans should love that.

Jerry is a family businessman in the Sports Entertainment industry and he's working on his Sixpeat as World Champion. Little consolation for us, but that's called Winning.