Who is winning championships without a Franchise QB?

Dre11

Reaction score
lol...I think he's drinking already so soon in the day.

He must be, when you're the only one in a 4 page thread who have no clue what's going, you must be the dumb one,he can't see that.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Please do me a favor and if you are going to make an accusation about me as you always seem to do with anyone that is against re-signiung Dak, then have the courtesy to use proper grammar as it's spelled you're and not your (your is a possessive adjective and you're is a contraction: examples.....I think you forgot YOUR box of tissues yet again.......As a result YOU'RE acting butthurt again).

I hope that grammar lesson has helped you for your future posts.
:lmao:

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Interesting as I have seen both those in favor of and against signing Dak make valid points so not sure why the need to insult people simply because their viewpoint is not the same as your own.

Oh I see you say it's OK for someone to say things against a Prescott support in a disparaging way but if someone else says that what they said sounds just like what a Prescott hater says it's wrong. I also didn't know you are the thought police. I could understand if what I said was directed at you but my reply wasn't to you.

Blitzen

Reaction score
It’s rare. And I’m not talking about Elite QB’s. Just Franchise QB’s.

The only exception is those Generational defenses but even they had closer to a Franchise QB.

Despite however you feel about our QB and or his value , he has us over a barrel. Mostly because we hadn’t caved in earlier seasons. 35 million a year for 4 years he was asking for last year looks pretty good now. We knew it was just going to cost us more by holding out.

Anyway, If the 3 year deal he’s demanding is too much for 41 million, etc which not many would argue , our chances of drafting and developing another franchise QB in the next couple years not very likely.

It’s basically a matter of lesser of two evils. Worse case scenarios.

I certainly see our top 10 offense with an over paid QB more likely to carry a rebuilding defense to a division title and playoffs than without a Franchise QB. And if the offense really gels and we hit in a couple draft picks on defense while a couple previous picks blossom we could have closer to an average defense .

If not then it basically becomes a total rebuild. Who has much hope this dysfunctional organization will get that right. And how many years are we away from being competitive again. I just don’t see how knowing what we know with this leadership we can be hopeful that’s a better alternative.

The bulk of this thread could be boiled down to: would you rather have a team that competes for the playoffs or do a rebuild. I vote for rebuild and the Jones family needing to sell the team for some reason.

Big D

Reaction score
It’s rare. And I’m not talking about Elite QB’s. Just Franchise QB’s.

The only exception is those Generational defenses but even they had closer to a Franchise QB.

Despite however you feel about our QB and or his value , he has us over a barrel. Mostly because we hadn’t caved in earlier seasons. 35 million a year for 4 years he was asking for last year looks pretty good now. We knew it was just going to cost us more by holding out.

Anyway, If the 3 year deal he’s demanding is too much for 41 million, etc which not many would argue , our chances of drafting and developing another franchise QB in the next couple years not very likely.

I certainly see our top 10 offense with an over paid QB more likely to carry a rebuilding defense to a division title and playoffs than without a Franchise QB. And if the offense really gels and we hit in a couple draft picks on defense while a couple previous picks blossom we could have closer to an average defense .

If not then it basically becomes a total rebuild. Who has much hope this dysfunctional organization will get that right. And how many years are we away from being competitive again. I just don’t see how knowing what we know with this leadership we can be hopeful that’s a better alternative.

I don't think we need to panic and blow it up. 2019-2020 we can agree that expectations were high. Jaylen and LVE were thought to be the nucleus of a budding new group. All we needed was a stout DT or two and we're ready for the next level. Poe and McCoy didn't work out and now we look at everyone as bums lol

The defense was historically bad that's for sure but I don't think it can get any worse. They started showing some improvement late in the season and I think the rookie CB is an ace. Gallimore and Hill will show more improvement and McCoy might make another run at it. It will get better.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Interesting how you always fall for the bait when I do it. I say hater clown and a hater clown comes running.

Why would you even care if you didnt feel slighted by the comment? Guilty conscience?
Thats interesting and very telling.. you just defined the term "Troll"
Isnt that exactly what you do

USArmyVet

Reaction score
Oh I see you say it's OK for someone to say things against a Prescott support in a disparaging way but if someone else says that what they said sounds just like what a Prescott hater says it's wrong. I also didn't know you are the thought police. I could understand if what I said was directed at you but my reply wasn't to you.

Your comment is being made on a public group wherein back and forth dialogue is what makes the group.

As for your reply, show me where I said it's okay to disparage either position? I will wait........I will check back in a week for your answer.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

Jerry & Son screwed the pooch when they caved to Zeke then expected Dak to just fall in line after they overpaid a RB before him. That was never going to happen.

So, as you stated, they have two options now and neither are promising - overpay their QB and limit the rest of the team or start over at QB and hope they get lucky.

Their ineptitude is astounding yet they'll never see it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Based on how few Generational defenses there have been compared to Elite QB’s, we could probably argue Elite QB’s are in more abundance.

Your not comparing apples to apples. Generational is more rare than elite.

If you could pick a top 5 defense or top 5 QB which would you choose and which do you think is more difficult to find.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry & Son screwed the pooch when they caved to Zeke then expected Dak to just fall in line after they overpaid a RB before him. That was never going to happen.

So, as you stated, they have two options now and neither are promising - overpay their QB and limit the rest of the team or start over at QB and hope they get lucky.

Their ineptitude is astounding yet they'll never see it.
Booger already revealed once that he did see it but decided to do nothing about it when he admitted to Costas he should have fired himself.

I've worked with a ton of locally owned and operated businesses and many were like the Cowboys. They did well enough that the owner figured out the additional effort or making specific moves weren't warranted. They knew they might do better but good enough was good enough and they were enjoying their lives.

He likes playing with his business, paling around with the players and being front and center as the face of the franchise. He kept Garrett around because he made him comfortable. He enjoys his life and letting others know how much he enjoys it.

Jake, the fault is not his, it is ours. We choose to remain fans and our only recourse is to complain about the one thing that time will only change. It is a most bizarre relationship we fans have with our team. When they lose, I take solace in his sad sack face and that ain't normal. I am truly a conflicted fan but I have lots of company.

The saving grace is that it is just not that important to my life. Was at one time, too important and I was a really bad loser.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Your not comparing apples to apples. Generational is more rare than elite.

If you could pick a top 5 defense or top 5 QB which would you choose and which do you think is more difficult to find.
That's easy, 1 QB, 11 D guys. Those shutdown D's like the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens and 03 Bucs come along only rarely and at that, each could only win one ring. There have been a lot better QB's than D's.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Thats interesting and very telling.. you just defined the term "Troll"
Isnt that exactly what you do

You are confusing hater with troll.

YOU think you are trolling me, but Im not some softy cry baby like some of these other clowns.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That's easy, 1 QB, 11 D guys. Those shutdown D's like the 85 Bears, 00 Ravens and 03 Bucs come along only rarely and at that, each could only win one ring. There have been a lot better QB's than D's.

Yah, again, you are talking about the best D's in NFL history and comparing that to top 5 QB's at any time.

Im simply talking about a top 5 D vs a top 5 QB.

If I was a owner I would build teams in the mold of what the Steelers typically try to do. They hang their hat on great defense. I focus on that side of the ball most of time in building the team.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
He delivered in 2 Seasons without a top 10 defense.

1 of those seasons was saved by acquiring Cooper. He allowed Dak his lone playoff win on a team that was dead in the water after getting kicked upside down by the Titans.