Who is your starter at RB?

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
It must not have caught your eye that the 14-2 season was the direct result of pounding the football oldish defense's throats. Don't you realize that they drafted a top oline for a reason? That style of football produces wins now, just as it did 20 years ago. If you can't see the potential to excel at smash mouth football , there is just no hope for you.

He is a RB denier. There is no hope for him.

He knows the money we waste on Carr should've went to Murray who was perfect for this team.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a RB denier. There is no hope for him.

He knows the money we waste on Carr should've went to Murray who was perfect for this team.

Oh hell no. Even if we had the money (which we could have found if we really wanted) I wasn't overpaying for Murray. Got nothing to do with Carr.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Oh hell no. Even if we had the money (which we could have found if we really wanted) I wasn't overpaying for Murray. Got nothing to do with Carr.

I know it is crazy to want the league's leading RB to stay behind this line. What a horrible way to build the conservative offense the JG wants. Just put any number of has beens and never was' out there and hope for the best.

We saved some money though.......yeah

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I know it is crazy to want the league's leading RB to stay behind this line. What a horrible way to build the conservative offense the JG wants.
It's about sending a message. Overpay for Murray, where does it end? What a horrible message that would send to the locker room. We don't do business like that. We haven't for a while now. This issue has been debated for well over a year now and it's clear the Cowboys made the correct decision and Philly made a bad decision.

jnday

Reaction score
Perhaps Romo and Dez staying healthy and the defense causing turnover had something to do with it also.

The defense was fresh due to tDallas leading the TOP in a big way and other teams was playing catch up. Romo. Romo and Dez was not as big of a part of the offense due to Murray. Why is that so hard to understand?

jnday

Reaction score
It's about sending a message. Overpay for Murray, where does it end? What a horrible message that would send to the locker room. We don't do business like that. We haven't for a while now. This issue has been debated for well over a year now and it's clear the Cowboys made the correct decision and Philly made a bad decision.

Philly made a bad decision due to Murray's poor fit in the offense . Dallas made a bad decision by not replacing Murray or keeping him and having s great running game. 14-2 proves every point that has been made about a dominant running game and the value of a great RB and you still want to argue the point. SMDH

jnday

Reaction score

It wasn't just Murray. Dallas found a way to win snd could have replaced Murray with a similar RB, but they got arrogant and they deserved 4-12.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
It's about sending a message. Overpay for Murray, where does it end? What a horrible message that would send to the locker room.

Oh, I don't know.

The same one that is sent when Brandon Carr cashes paycheck after paycheck after paycheck.

btcutter

Reaction score
The same way I told people all last summer McFadden would do good here, I'm saying it now about Morris. He is going to replace McFadden as the starter and be a legit bellcow back

I think you are right. Morris fits the ZB better than McFadden and more likely to stay healthy. Morris is more like Murray in terms of getting dirty yards.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score

I still pay the guy that set several franchise and NFL records every time.

We'd have Murray and Claiborne for the price of Carr.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Pay a good RB elite RB money? That makes zero sense. Your last line is meaningless. You can draw up salary additions and subtractions all day long but doesn't prove anything. Keeping or not keeping Murray had nothing to do with Carr. It's widely accepted that the Cowboys did the right thing in not overpaying for Murray. When we get a full season of Romo and Dez without Murray then we will have something to compare with the '14 season.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

Most agree, esp in hindsight, letting Murray walk was a wise decision. You're in the way minority on this one.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The defense was fresh due to tDallas leading the TOP in a big way and other teams was playing catch up. Romo. Romo and Dez was not as big of a part of the offense due to Murray. Why is that so hard to understand?

It's hard to understand because it isn't true. When Romo missed that Cardinals game, Murray was still there and they still got the stuffing beat out of them. Romo > Murray( really any rb)

jnday

Reaction score
It's hard to understand because it isn't true. When Romo missed that Cardinals game, Murray was still there and they still got the stuffing beat out of them. Romo > Murray( really any rb)

One word for you "Weedan".