Who looked good in the game and who did not?

blueblood70

Reaction score
All the RBs played well. I hope we keep Vaughn I really think he's the only RB that can make a move in the open field to take it to the house.
Yeah that's the thing most of our RB room looked the same except for deuce..hes got that ability in open field gets through the hole fast. the rest are interchangeable and tough cut is coming but DV makes my team as scatback/ change of pace in its Truist definition.

I mean rico, zeke , and assuming Hunter, all make it they all are very simar bigger backs with little juice.

so is Royce same as those above and Davis is ok ,
so how does DV not get a look. he an Turpin can become weapons, IF MM dos better than last year with packages and play calls picking the right players.

Here's my real take on it if you don't give Vaughn his shot here a real shot a longer look , this could be as bad a cut or loss as the Danny Amendola deal.. I know it's just my opinion but that's what I'm it's reminding me of... The coaching staff didn't like that fumble and they let him go and well he played a lot better in the NFL than most thought.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Yeah that's the thing most of our RB room looked the same except for deuce..hes got that ability in open field gets through the hole fast. the rest are interchangeable and tough cut is coming but DV makes my team as scatback/ change of pace in its Truist definition.

I mean rico, zeke , and assuming Hunter, all make it they all are very simar bigger backs with little juice.

so is Royce same as those above and Davis is ok ,
so how does DV not get a look. he an Turpin can become weapons, IF MM dos better than last year with packages and play calls picking the right players.

Here's my real take on it if you don't give Vaughn his shot here a real shot a longer look , this could be as bad a cut or loss as the Danny Amendola deal.. I know it's just my opinion but that's what I'm it's reminding me of... The coaching staff didn't like that fumble and they let him go and well he played a lot better in the NFL than most thought.
My sentiment exactly, Rico may offer more juice than the other guys sans Vaughn, but otherwise this RB room is filled with slower north/South type runners with limited upside as a big play threat. It would make zero sense to let Vaughn go based on what he's shown the last few preseason games vs the other guys. Understand he's been injured, but if the coaches really see more potential from the rest of the room it would be a significant miss.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Asim Richards, he keeps showing up. Wouldnt surprise me hes starting LT
Brian-Regan-Dumb-Look.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
The Good: Deuce, Flournoy, Asim Richards, Josh Ball, Burnett, Snoop Conner, Bell, Buddy Johnson. and Justin Rogers. There were some others, like Harris who played well too.

The Bad, Josh Butler, Albert Huggins, Viliami Fehoko, Malik Davis, Dakota Shepley did not play very well I thought.

I think the Cowboys have some tough decisions to make at WR, and at safety in particular. I think it's going to be tough to decide on who they keep as TE too. Stephens, Fant, Spann-Ford all look to be close but for different reasons.

Trey Lance is so inconsistent. He looks good for a series or two, then makes an awful decision or a horrendously poor throw. I understand he is inexperienced and will make mistakes but you cannot throw that INT in the end zone with the Cowboys inside the 10 yard line. I have no idea where he was trying to throw it, but the best place would have been out of the end zone. Sorry Dak haters, but Lance is not ready to replace Dak and looks to be 2 years away from that level of play..
Good stuff. The part about Lance is so true. He was looking really good, and I was starting to think DAMMMMMMMMMM, but then it completely flipflopped and it was DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. If I had to grade him for this game, I'd have to give him a D, because the bads were simply so bad.

kskboys

Reaction score
I can say that literally about every single QB in preseason in the past 25 years, that includes mike white and danucci.
You mean the guys who can't cut it as starters?

Mahomes has looked great this preseason, so you cannot say that about every single starter who is playing. The backups? Sure, that's why they're backups.

conner01

Reaction score
I definitely would have came out of college to become a millionaire. If I was in Trey’s ear I would encourage him to go play in the UFL for a couple years. I really wish the UFL and the NFL had an agreement that players could play in the UFL if they are under contract with an NFL team. So in this instance the Cowboys could give Lance permission to play in the UFL while holding onto his rights in the NFL. Kind of use the UFL as a developmental opportunity. I don’t know how they’d do it with the cap and salaries but I wish they could.
He seriously needs reps and coaching. I don’t blame him for coming out but he sure wasn’t ready

conner01

Reaction score
There are plenty of nfl teams with mediocre to bad qbs that he could get playing time on.
That’s likely what will happen but he’s gonna have to get humble because he’s gonna get vet min offers and he’s played so far on a top tier contract

plymkr

Reaction score
Good stuff. The part about Lance is so true. He was looking really good, and I was starting to think DAMMMMMMMMMM, but then it completely flipflopped and it was DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM. If I had to grade him for this game, I'd have to give him a D, because the bads were simply so bad.
Yeah. Lance is one of my pet cats but the bad plays he made were really, really bad. Like unbelievably bad. There’s potential there as far as being an athlete but athleticism doesn’t necessarily make you a QB. So he need to polish his QB skills. I’m not ready to give up on him but moving forward I feel it would be foolish to think he can start long term unless he improves his QBing skills. Specifically reading defenses, being patient, not throwing to the other team and a basic understanding of the offense. And I would moving forward beyond 2024 I feel if he were to accept a bare minimum contract as a 3rd QB then keep him and don’t give up. If he wants to be paid like a 4 or 5 year veteran QB then let him go after this year. JMO, from a Lance fan. I may be a Lance fan but I’m a Cowboys fan first and if he doesn’t accept a 3rd string contract for minimum and understands his place in the NFL hierarchy then move on because I feel that would damage the team. I don’t think any player is above the team. Anywho JMHO.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yeah. Lance is one of my pet cats but the bad plays he made were really, really bad. Like unbelievably bad. There’s potential there as far as being an athlete but athleticism doesn’t necessarily make you a QB. So he need to polish his QB skills. I’m not ready to give up on him but moving forward I feel it would be foolish to think he can start long term unless he improves his QBing skills. Specifically reading defenses, being patient, not throwing to the other team and a basic understanding of the offense. And I would moving forward beyond 2024 I feel if he were to accept a bare minimum contract as a 3rd QB then keep him and don’t give up. If he wants to be paid like a 4 or 5 year veteran QB then let him go after this year. JMO, from a Lance fan. I may be a Lance fan but I’m a Cowboys fan first and if he doesn’t accept a 3rd string contract for minimum and understands his place in the NFL hierarchy then move on because I feel that would damage the team. I don’t think any player is above the team. Anywho JMHO.
It's like he'd have a great drive, tossing lasers for completetions. And then the next drive or quarter, he'd be lost and try to run the ball just about every play.

kskboys

Reaction score
Rush is glad he has an opportunity as a backup in the league. He was released last summer and no one picked him up. He’s not about to ask for more money.
Yeah, Rush is strictly a backup type. 0 starting potential. And he's lucky Jerry doesn't understand arm strength, or he wouldn't have a job here.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Red zone? I was thinking more of him as a deep threat. What makes you see him as a red zone threat?
He's very good at setting up defenders with his routes in the red zone. Go back to last week when he schooled a starting Raiders corner in the endzone for a TD catch. Flournoy is still a little raw but I think he can be a faster, more explosive version of pre-injury Michael Gallup.