Who looked good in the game and who did not?

Reaction score
I hope not. If they keep Davis over Deuce after todays performance it really shows that preseason games are meaningless Davis ran the ball well today, but Vaughn was that much better....last week too Davis also got embarrassed in pass pro. I'd actually probably keep Freeman over Davis at this point.

Either way I wouldn't exactly be mad if there was an upgrade to all was found as other teams make cuts.
bruiser RBs are nice to have IMO. Im hoping for Freeman too.

Chasing6

Reaction score
bruiser RBs are nice to have IMO. Im hoping for Freeman too.
The bigger question is what position group gets screwed because Jerry is going to keep 3 QB's.

Keep in mind none of them are signed for next year.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Did not see the game but had to go to DSPN to see the actual 5 interceptions. WOW! Where are my Horsemen at?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Probably Rush, but if we want to keep him(I think it would be a good idea), then the 6th receiver like Flournoy or Brooks, or the 5th Safety like Thomas or Mukuamu, the last o lineman like TJ Bass. It’s anybody’s guess. Whoever it is imo people will be upset.
Absolutely sucks to leave a better player off the 53 just to make room for Trey Lance when we already have Cooper Rush as our QB2.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The just report what the team tells them. Goodwin is a gunner. I'd be in favor of cutting him too, but it.looks like they will cut him and bring him back.
A Gunner is absolutely useless in today's new messed up kickoff alignment. Might as well cut old man Goodwin and use his roster spot on another position of need.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
They have kept six WRs for several years now. They drafted Flournoy knowing he would likely be the 6th guy. He's clearly performed up to expectations for the sixth guy.

Thomas is the 3rd or 4th safety and TJ Bass is the backup OG. Those players are not in jeopardy. Maybe look at a depth chart. Mukuamu is not a safety for Zimmer, he's a slot cb.
Right. The player we'll cut to keep Lance will likely be someone who will end up on the practice squad. At those positions that were mentioned, more like WR Cropper or S Wood or OL Nathan Thomas.

plymkr

Reaction score
I was really excited about Vaughn. One guy who has been a pet cat of mine that I’m giving up on is Davis. I think Davis is done.

I did walk away from the game excited about Vaughn and Freeman. Even Snoop had a couple good plays. That makes me feel better about our run game. We’re going to have the offensive line to run and tonight I saw some runners that could carry it.

plymkr

Reaction score
He will bounce around the league and hopefully for his sake get some reps somewhere. He has some tools but just no experience. I don’t blame him for coming out but for his career he needed to stay in college
I definitely would have came out of college to become a millionaire. If I was in Trey’s ear I would encourage him to go play in the UFL for a couple years. I really wish the UFL and the NFL had an agreement that players could play in the UFL if they are under contract with an NFL team. So in this instance the Cowboys could give Lance permission to play in the UFL while holding onto his rights in the NFL. Kind of use the UFL as a developmental opportunity. I don’t know how they’d do it with the cap and salaries but I wish they could.