Who looked good in the game and who did not?

RonWashington

Reaction score
At LB Buddy Johnson & Darius Harris just kept making plays after plays. Then I see Overshown dinged in camp this year and Damone Clark in yr three is he ever going to be the player Dallas thought .

Hate to lose either Harris or Johnson to another team at a position known for players to miss games.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
The third preseason game barely means anything. The coaches basically already know who is making the team and who isn't by then.

Sandyf

Reaction score
I think Flournoy should make the team. He probably would be picked up by another team if cut.

Vaughn should make the team as a change of pace back and kickoff return guy. Davis and Freeman played well but they are the same as Dowdle and Zeke, they aren't cutting either of them. Davis should go PS. Think the RB will be Zeke, Dowdle, Luepke, and Vaughn.

Buddy Johnson played lights out but not sure it will be enough to make the team but definitely the PS. Dallas had several inactives last night which I am betting they are guys with slight injuries and they didn't want to waive them with an injury settlement.

Thought Wheat played a good game to enhance his chances of playing the 53 but also sure Dallas will be watching the waiver wire for a DE. Good chance they trade Gholston and cut Fehoko and Muhammad. Just see it being Lawrence, Lawson, Kneeland, and Wheat with the other two being Gholston and Muhummad until they check the waiver wire or make a trade. Parsons is going to have to play a lot of DE unless we find a guy.

Now that Linval Joseph is signed, looks like it will be Osa, Mazi, Phillips and Joseph at DT with Daxon and Rogers to the PS. Probably go 6 at DE or 7 if you count Parsons as a DE.

Bell played really well last night which is strange that they would play him so much. Think they were show casing him to be a trade probably in exchange for a DE. Means safeties will be Hooker, Thomas, Wilson, Wood/Mukuamu/Johnson with Wood as the likely 4th.

Corners will be interesting as Diggs, Lewis, Carson, Scott, and Bland will be sure things, then they will move Bland to IR after cuts. Before cuts it will be between Booth and Butler as the sixth and then try to bring the other back after moving Bland to IR.

Out of Richards/Ball/Waletzko, Richards was far better and can play swing OT. Making the 53 will be Guyton, Smith, Beebe, Martin, Steele, Richards, Hoffman, Bass and Edoga then on Tuesday they move Edoga to IR and bring back Thomas. Could see them bring back Ball or Watetzko and put Thomas on the PS. Think we only go 9 on the OL though.

Fant played well at TE but think he goes TE and think Hendershot is also cut. Believe we go with 4 TEs in Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Stephens and Spann-Ford.

Billy-Johnson made some plays but don't think it was enough to make the 53. WR should be Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin, Brooks and Flourney and only reason for six is Lamb isn't in camp yet.

Harvey and Johnson made the plays at LB and enough for the PS but think it will be Parsons, Overshown, Kendricks, Clark, and Liufau. If 6 then Johnson.

QB is what we all knew. Prescott and Rush and Lance although Lance has a long way to go to be a starter or really even a backup. He just is way to inaccurate on to many throws.

Mcsports

Reaction score
I think Flournoy should make the team. He probably would be picked up by another team if cut.

Vaughn should make the team as a change of pace back and kickoff return guy. Davis and Freeman played well but they are the same as Dowdle and Zeke, they aren't cutting either of them. Davis should go PS. Think the RB will be Zeke, Dowdle, Luepke, and Vaughn.

Buddy Johnson played lights out but not sure it will be enough to make the team but definitely the PS. Dallas had several inactives last night which I am betting they are guys with slight injuries and they didn't want to waive them with an injury settlement.

Thought Wheat played a good game to enhance his chances of playing the 53 but also sure Dallas will be watching the waiver wire for a DE. Good chance they trade Gholston and cut Fehoko and Muhammad. Just see it being Lawrence, Lawson, Kneeland, and Wheat with the other two being Gholston and Muhummad until they check the waiver wire or make a trade. Parsons is going to have to play a lot of DE unless we find a guy.

Now that Linval Joseph is signed, looks like it will be Osa, Mazi, Phillips and Joseph at DT with Daxon and Rogers to the PS. Probably go 6 at DE or 7 if you count Parsons as a DE.

Bell played really well last night which is strange that they would play him so much. Think they were show casing him to be a trade probably in exchange for a DE. Means safeties will be Hooker, Thomas, Wilson, Wood/Mukuamu/Johnson with Wood as the likely 4th.

Corners will be interesting as Diggs, Lewis, Carson, Scott, and Bland will be sure things, then they will move Bland to IR after cuts. Before cuts it will be between Booth and Butler as the sixth and then try to bring the other back after moving Bland to IR.

Out of Richards/Ball/Waletzko, Richards was far better and can play swing OT. Making the 53 will be Guyton, Smith, Beebe, Martin, Steele, Richards, Hoffman, Bass and Edoga then on Tuesday they move Edoga to IR and bring back Thomas. Could see them bring back Ball or Watetzko and put Thomas on the PS. Think we only go 9 on the OL though.

Fant played well at TE but think he goes TE and think Hendershot is also cut. Believe we go with 4 TEs in Ferguson, Schoonmaker, Stephens and Spann-Ford.

Billy-Johnson made some plays but don't think it was enough to make the 53. WR should be Lamb, Cooks, Tolbert, Turpin, Brooks and Flourney and only reason for six is Lamb isn't in camp yet.

Harvey and Johnson made the plays at LB and enough for the PS but think it will be Parsons, Overshown, Kendricks, Clark, and Liufau. If 6 then Johnson.

QB is what we all knew. Prescott and Rush and Lance although Lance has a long way to go to be a starter or really even a backup. He just is way to inaccurate on to many throws.
Great breakdown.
Hope they don’t trade Bell. He’s always around the football.
Hendershot has a knack for getting open but is poor blocker.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Two players can be placed on IR to return before cutting down to 53. That would be Edoga & Bland. New rule change.

kskboys

Reaction score

Good stuff.

1. Why do you think Eric Scott makes the team? I haven's seen anything from him to suggest that, and I think he gets cut.

2. Kneeland is what Fehoko was supposed to be. Note to Jerry: For Bog's sake, Jerry start paying attention to lateral agility.

3. Edoga: IR, prolly, but I think he may just get cut.

Creeper

Reaction score
The Good: Deuce, Flournoy, Asim Richards, Josh Ball, Burnett, Snoop Conner, Bell, Buddy Johnson. and Justin Rogers. There were some others, like Harris who played well too.

The Bad, Josh Butler, Albert Huggins, Viliami Fehoko, Malik Davis, Dakota Shepley did not play very well I thought.

I think the Cowboys have some tough decisions to make at WR, and at safety in particular. I think it's going to be tough to decide on who they keep as TE too. Stephens, Fant, Spann-Ford all look to be close but for different reasons.

Trey Lance is so inconsistent. He looks good for a series or two, then makes an awful decision or a horrendously poor throw. I understand he is inexperienced and will make mistakes but you cannot throw that INT in the end zone with the Cowboys inside the 10 yard line. I have no idea where he was trying to throw it, but the best place would have been out of the end zone. Sorry Dak haters, but Lance is not ready to replace Dak and looks to be 2 years away from that level of play..

Mikexike

Reaction score
J.wood safety looked decent.

Deuce needs to make the team over davis, Not even a debate.

Cam johnson wr didnt help his cause.

Carson

Reaction score
Great breakdown.
Hope they don’t trade Bell. He’s always around the football.
Hendershot has a knack for getting open but is poor blocker.
Hendershot just isn’t consistent enough catching the ball for me. No reason to keep him over Stephens, Fant or Spann-Ford

Carson

Reaction score
The Good: Deuce, Flournoy, Asim Richards, Josh Ball, Burnett, Snoop Conner, Bell, Buddy Johnson. and Justin Rogers. There were some others, like Harris who played well too.

The Bad, Josh Butler, Albert Huggins, Viliami Fehoko, Malik Davis, Dakota Shepley did not play very well I thought.

I think the Cowboys have some tough decisions to make at WR, and at safety in particular. I think it's going to be tough to decide on who they keep as TE too. Stephens, Fant, Spann-Ford all look to be close but for different reasons.

Trey Lance is so inconsistent. He looks good for a series or two, then makes an awful decision or a horrendously poor throw. I understand he is inexperienced and will make mistakes but you cannot throw that INT in the end zone with the Cowboys inside the 10 yard line. I have no idea where he was trying to throw it, but the best place would have been out of the end zone. Sorry Dak haters, but Lance is not ready to replace Dak and looks to be 2 years away from that level of play..
Reports I have read from the media is Spann-Ford played himself off the main 53. He likely goes to the PS. Granted I read this once or twice, so it may not 100% be factual and is solely an opinion.

Stephens fumble hurt. But he likely makes the 53 due to his upside. He would have made it over Hendershot last season without Stephens injury.

I think they go with Ferguson, Schoonmaker and Stephens. Luepke makes the 53 but has the versatility to play at RB/FB/TE. So he can be the 4th at RB or TE

blueblood70

Reaction score
Deuce , Flourney, and like Buddy the linebacker did pretty well , to possibly make it.

BTW all the centers played well. Hoffman is 1A at center.. the backup line was opening holes for runners.

RonWashington

Reaction score
If Buddy Johnson doesn’t bat down the pass as he’s rushing the passer the Chargers receiver would have sailed into the end zone .

Darius Harris making plays all over the line of scrimmage. I want both to make the team at LB .