Who makes the 53 that would cause you to question the sanity of F.O

jsb357

Reaction score
the qb coach
surely there has to be a better option out there

cooper rush
if he can't handle the bump from 3rd to 2nd what is he going to do when Dak has to sit out a series or two for concussion protocol in week 14?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Chaz Green is the only correct answer here

Yes. Some of the others mentioned are going to be kept because 1) the options are limited and 2) preseason games don't tell the whole story because there are a lot of factors involved in how a player performs. (A good example of this would be a TD reception given up by Lewis in one of the first two games where the safety ran himself out of position. The coverage from Lewis could have been better, but safety help was likely expected there.)

Sydla

Reaction score
- Ealy.

- Thompson.

People will wonder why I said Thompson but he's a guy that has minimal production throughout his career, has done squat in camp (and yes, I know he's been hurt) and he doesn't provide a skill set that warrants keeping him. If he makes the team it will simply be because Stephen and Jerry don't want to admit their failure in signing him and giving him a $1MM guaranteed bonus. It will be even worse if they carry 7 WRs just to get him on the 53.

Ealy is an obvious one. At best, he's running 5th at DE.

millennial_legend

Reaction score
I think Jackson has looked and played better. Much like Rico over Schultz. I hope they keep the better player instead of keeping "the guy they drafted most recently".
Schultz could be kept as a 3rd blocking TE for now.

Jarwin doesn't really do ANYTHING well. He's a soft blocker, he's a fumbler, a poor route runner, and he's not really fast enough to be a real seam or deep threat. He should be cut and demoted to PS.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Another not so cleverly veiled thread designed to bash the team. Come of folks, there is plenty of current reason to question a team that hasn't been able to build any consistency over the last 7-8 years without having to start bashing over things that haven't happened yet.