Who makes us forget about all the bad?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
been a fan for a long long time and i dont quit on my team, even if has changed philosophy and cares more about money than winning.

Exactly.

I really don't understand why some posters have such a hard time understanding this. A person can be a lifelong fan of the team and at the same time be extremely critical of the coaches, players, or owner. A lot of posters seem to think that if you dare criticize the coaches or players that you need to turn in your fan card or be banned for life from this board, just bizarre thinking.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Why are there still Browns fans? I know some personally. They've always been, can't turn it off, but they're past the point of thinking NEXT year we'll get 'em. They need to see it happen BEFORE they can get that excitement and optimism level going.

Its like the Cubs....................over 100 years between championships yet the fans still filled the stands to watch them play year after year after year

gmoney112

Reaction score
We didn't make the playoffs, there's no reason to be excited, everyone sucks, Jason is a bum, etc.

Now that's out of the way, the defense. For the first time since Wade had Ware, Spencer, and Ratliff with Hatcher at the 5, we actually look like we might have some guys who can actually get after the passer.

The only thing holding Lawrence back is his... back. He's bloomed into a legitimate DE. He's going to cost a ton, but that's the league. You don't let your own talent go unless his back is a serious concern. We'll keep him and it'll be fun to watch.

Irving. He causes havoc at the 3. One of the cogs that makes a defense hum is interior pressure. In a 4-3 scheme that uses the UT like we do, it's even more important. Next to Demarcus this is actually a pretty formidable pass rushing tandem.

Collins. The guy has talent. I don't really like using him at the 1, but he's a useful piece inside. This will only be his third year. It'll be exciting to see him next year.

Taco. Never really got the hate about him, but that's a different story. He showed potential and got better as the year went on. He has everything you want, and if he develops we might actually have a young, pass rushing group up front. Pinch me.

Tapper. It sucks he's been injured. I actually thought he was a bit of a wildcard, he's incredibly athletic and could really develop. You can't ever have enough guys that can actually play, and he could be a very valuable sub if not a starter in his own right.

I actually like the youth on our DL a lot. Finally, we might actually be building a legitimate pass rush. Romo is going to be pissed.

Gregory. Yeah, don't count on him. Got it. But, if he managed to not be an idiot this entire time, then you see what he's got. The kids talent was never in question.

Jaylon. I have faith. Another LB with talent would do a lot of good.

The secondary is also going to be exciting. Lewis was a steal in the third, and Awuzie was one of my favorite DBs in the draft. I think we stole him in the 2nd. Woods also showed he could play a bit. Three rookies that actually look like they belong on a football field.

Then you have Brown, who's only entering his 3rd year, and Frazier who played pretty well in his snaps. He's limited, but he's developing. If he can tackle and work on his awareness, he could end up stealing a package start.

I'm most excited about the defense, for obvious reasons. It's been too long in Dallas.

Offense. OL. Another year of Fred and Martin who are entering their prime, and Tyron. Hopefully he .ca. stay healthy because he's an animal. It's not right the things he can do.

Collins. Just not very good to begin the year, but started to find his groove later in the year. Collins has great feet and power, has a mean streak that fits in perfectly. A year of NFL starting experience with these other guys, an off-season, and he could become a great RT. I see pancakes in his future.

Dak and Zeke. I don't care what anyone says, I'm looking forward to seeing Daks development. Zeke behind this line, especially with another year and Collins at T, is going to be fun to watch.

Honestly not too excited about anyone at WR. I think that may change over the off-season. I actually like Switzer, and I think he could be a great return man.

I could be more excited about the position coach changes if they surprise me.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Wow, thanks... I did miss on DLAW completely spaced him. Too many years of TE's and Gregory types. Smith is atrocious though. And I'm holding off on Cheeto until next year . I was pumped for Brown after his first year and it was by far better than the first year of Awuzie.

Why is JS atrocious again...

coult44

Reaction score

Do we have room to post video after video of the high school level mistakes this dude makes. The kind of mistakes that arent injury related, or from a year out of football related. When you add the fact that he's dragging a blowout along at the same time, and it painfully ugly.

Verdict

Reaction score
He could be a Ryan Shazier type. Cowboys were high on Shazier.

I don't think he is as good as Shazier. I haven't seen him play a lot, but I wouldn't call him a dominant linebacker.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

He was never good bro, the team won despite him due to talent level............when talent level goes down due to injuries or suspension, well......

Ask yourself this, does a good head coach in the NFL only win a single playoff game 7.5 years on the job?