Who still has cable, and why?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I'm 25, Comcast ran a promo in SF that with an internet package it was only $10 a month more for cable for the first year. I got the package in June of 18, come June of 19 I'll no longer have cable.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Not sure what you're saying. Are you just saying you're not satisfied with the deal you got, or TV in general?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Cable as a whole isn’t expensive with the introductory or bundled. However, I think it gets expensive because of the equipment used to watch. That adds up and that is why streaming tv providers is popular. Cable plus streaming could be at most 100 dollars regular while cable can be at or close to 100 by itself.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
So what, you watch on your phone?
Yeah,or laptop. I really only used my TV for video games and free Blu Ray movies from the library. I seriously don’t miss it. I just wasn’t using TV for TV anymore,and couldn’t reason to myself why I was giving someone money for a service I wasn’t using.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Yeah,or laptop. I really only used my TV for video games and free Blu Ray movies from the library. I seriously don’t miss it. I just wasn’t using TV for TV anymore,and couldn’t reason to myself why I was giving someone money for a service I wasn’t using.
I can't imagine watching a whole movie on my phone. I was watching GoT on my laptop, before I decided to just go ahead and pay for HBO, and it was a pain in the ***. I much prefer watching on a 48" screen. I also don't need my glasses then. lol

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I can't imagine watching a whole movie on my phone. I was watching GoT on my laptop, before I decided to just go ahead and pay for HBO, and it was a pain in the ***. I much prefer watching on a 48" screen. I also don't need my glasses then. lol
Honestly? Once you start doing it,you just don’t care after a bit. Doesn’t bother me at all now. I’m just used to it,and enjoy it as much as my TV screen.

yimyammer

Reaction score
I still have Directv, am working on dumping it but I've got to have the DVR option, I can't stand watching TV with commercials and the DVR is a must for me. I'm hopeful the new Amazon DVR coming out will get me what I need

I'm addicted to the format of Directtv, like the guide and how everything is set up in one place, easy to find and record vs having to jump from website to website or app to app without a DVR.

Oddly, I feel slightly disconnected from the world without Directv. It was down for 10 days about a month ago and I spent a lot of time trying to find alternatives because if you have a problem, its an utter nightmare to deal with (because AT&T brought their HORRIFIC tech support over to Directv after their purchase).

I was about to sign up for a trial of Youtube & SlingTV when it finally got fixed so I'm not sure if either option would work. I know Directv Now SUCKS and is totally unusable for me, buffers nonstop or locks up

DanteEXT

Reaction score
I have PS Vue which in a way of still cable. I have it as there is plenty of shows I enjoy that I can't get on antenna, Hulu or Netflix. It's possible I could get them by buying subscriptions through Amazon. But ifI lose out on sports.

Last edited:

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
Google.com

Plenty of free streams tbh.

YouTube TV has many channels like AMC, ESPN, CNN, FX and the locals for about $40/month. Plus you can DVR. All you need is a high-speed internet connection. I have that and Netflix. It's more than I can watch.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
I'm 25, Comcast ran a promo in SF that with an internet package it was only $10 a month more for cable for the first year. I got the package in June of 18, come June of 19 I'll no longer have cable.
Brian...wait a minute. You’re 25 in SF on a Saturday Night and you’re posting about cable on Cowboyszone? Dude,what are you doing?!!! You should be out there chasing beaver and getting plastered and stoned in North Beach or Chinatown,or any number of dive bars downtown!!!! Get in some trouble with some troublish girls and wind up face down on their bathroom floor and stuff like used to do. No better city for meeting cute little hotties from all over the world. One time a gal locked me in her flat naked all day and sent me texts while she was at work!! Was awesome...”There’s pot on my computer desk,I made U a pot of coffee,and there’s lots of movies in my dresser...C U at 5.” Looool. True story!!

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I was just thinking the other day I wonder how much NFL Sunday Ticket sales have gone down with streaming feeds. I use NFL Stream Reddit and the quality is so much better now. You can cast an HD feed to your TV for free and you're golden.