Who they will keep on the DLine

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They probably keep 10 but it has been 9 and 11 in the past years. They have 8 active on game days.

DE

DLaw
Taco
Gregory
Armstrong

DT
Collins
Woods
Crawford

Bubble
Jihad Ward
Price
Datone Jones
Tapper

Highly unlikely
Ealy

Suspended
Irving

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think Ward is firmly in the “DT” section rather than the “Bubble” section.
They just moved Crawford to DT. He and Collins will be the game day 3techs.

Ward"s was most likely competing to be the second 3tech.

After the trade for Ward there was some talk of him playing 1tech but he has played 3tech in the PS games.

He showed quickness and pass rush ability. He played the run OK against single blocking but got blown out when double teamed. All of that points to 3tech not 1tech.

Price has better 1tech size and Datone Jones played a lot of 1tech after he arrived last season.

That all adds up to Ward being inactive for game 1 unless they go with the 4th DT being a 3tech instead of 1tech. They don't normally go that route but Collins could play 1tech if something happened to the starting 1tech during a game.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
If Tapper is truly healthy he could have some value for a team like the Jets who are calling everyone about DEs.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Damn hate to lose any the bubble guys on the list but my 4th DT would be Jones. Said many times, other than DLaw, he was probably our best DL the last 2-3 games last year. If they keep 10, I probably also go with Price and Tapper.

Keep in mind, Ward is a Martinelli's personal favorite which may give him a bit of an edge.....

tm1119

Reaction score
I’d keep both Datone Jones and Ward over Price. Price just isn’t going to make a big enough impact in the run game to warrant keeping him in my opinion.

DLaw
Taco
Gregory
Armstrong
Crawford
Collins
Woods
Ward

Inactives (1 gets cut once Irving is back)
D.Jones
Tapper

With that said I’m sure Price will make the team and play pretty significant snaps...because Rod.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They probably keep 10 but it has been 9 and 11 in the past years. They have 8 active on game days.

DE

DLaw
Taco
Gregory
Armstrong

DT
Collins
Woods
Crawford

Bubble
Jihad Ward
Price
Datone Jones
Tapper

Highly unlikely
Ealy

Suspended
Irving

At one point, I had them keeping 11 on the 53-man roster, but that number looks to be dropping by the day. I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up being just nine at this point.

Tapper hasn't shown enough to force his way into the roster, Ward has disappeared, and now Datone Jones is hurt.

But I think Price makes the team for sure.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think there is gonna be a lot of evaluations going into these last 2 games. Looks like Ward will make it.

Sydla

Reaction score

DE

DLaw
Taco
Gregory
Armstrong

DT
Collins
Woods
Crawford

Bubble
Jihad Ward
Price
Datone Jones
Tapper

Highly unlikely
Ealy

Suspended
Irving

Price is probably a lock. There is no way they will go into a season with just 3 DTs and one of them is Crawford who they just moved back from DE and weighs like 265-270lbs.