Who uses a mac?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2981960 said:
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

.........I sense much anger in you, young padawan.

I sense a lot more than just anger inside this poster.

/pulls-up-boots :)

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
AmarilloCowboyFan;2981951 said:
It's all about market share. If they were to ever gain that from Microsoft, which I highly doubt, the Mac will be the hackers choice.

I should certainly never hope so either. I'd hate to have to be bothered with the nonsense that comes with market share. As it stands I can do just about anything without the BS that comes with having every clown in creation using and finding new ways to ruin a thing.

I'm going to make it a personal crusade to conduct a pre-emptive strike against Apple's marketing departments and ensure we in the minority retain our ability to focus on actually using these overpriced pieces of machinery, instead of fixing a clunker.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
tomson75;2966357 said:
Not exclusively, but primarily.

Yes.

No.

PC's most definitely have their place, but for my needs, the Macs are the FAR better tool.

Don't let the haters dissuade you. They'll attack Mac owners all day....but they can't say a damn thing about the product. I wonder why.

what i find funny is most mac users are of the "cult variety" where they feel the need to slam a PC to feel better about what they're using.

then you have the crowd that uses a Mac for the biggest reason in that it's not windows.

take out that 1/2 and you have 1/2 a good customer base. : )

macs are good machines, but it's mostly OS these days, not hardware at all. look at the parts that make up a mac. drives, processor, ram type, video chipsets, audio - you'll see the same across the board now.

so when you buy a mac you buy GOOD hardware to be sure, but look at a GOOD HP for example. or if you're into the media side, a Sony. both of those will do a lot too.

there are things you can do with a mac out of the box a PC can't do - compose songs is one, at least professionally.

but every time someone has asked me about "is a mac better" i ask them what mac they're looking at, and spec out a PC of the same hardwarea and it's usually at LEAST 1/3 less in price.

so what you're really buying is the OS. if the OS works for you in either side, buy it and don't worry about Mac vs. PC. they're hardware, not a religion. define what you want to do and get a machine to do it.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
iceberg;2982024 said:
what i find funny is most mac users are of the "cult variety" where they feel the need to slam a PC to feel better about what they're using.

then you have the crowd that uses a Mac for the biggest reason in that it's not windows.

take out that 1/2 and you have 1/2 a good customer base. : )

macs are good machines, but it's mostly OS these days, not hardware at all. look at the parts that make up a mac. drives, processor, ram type, video chipsets, audio - you'll see the same across the board now.

so when you buy a mac you buy GOOD hardware to be sure, but look at a GOOD HP for example. or if you're into the media side, a Sony. both of those will do a lot too.

there are things you can do with a mac out of the box a PC can't do - compose songs is one, at least professionally.

but every time someone has asked me about "is a mac better" i ask them what mac they're looking at, and spec out a PC of the same hardwarea and it's usually at LEAST 1/3 less in price.

so what you're really buying is the OS. if the OS works for you in either side, buy it and don't worry about Mac vs. PC. they're hardware, not a religion. define what you want to do and get a machine to do it.

I agree with every word. Nice post.

...still wouldn't buy a PC again until they start hacking them as much as PC's...or until I need one for business purposes.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2981960 said:
Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

.........I sense much anger in you, young padawan.

Padawan, I am not... Young CowboysWay.

236508-emperor_large.jpg

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
Well I did it. I got my new Macbook Pro yesterday.

2.8 gig dual core pentium
4gig RAM
7200 RPM, 500gig hard drive

I've never used a sweeter machine in my life. I had no idea computing could be like this.

I feel as if I need to hack into NORAD, just because I can. Or single handidly launch and control the space shuttle.

All with the touch of my hands.

Truly the finest computer I've ever touched. And its all mine, mine, mine.

Now I just need to learn how to use email and the internets, and I'll be set !!!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2999590 said:

4gig RAM

I've never used a sweeter machine in my life. I had no idea computing could be like this.

I feel as if I need to hack into NORAD, just because I can. Or single handidly launch and control the space shuttle.

Now I just need to learn how to use email and the internets, and I'll be set !!!

howbout a game of global thermo nuclear war?

8FOR!3

Reaction score
I've got a MacBook Pro. Once you've got a Mac you're pretty much stuck with Mac it for life lol. I couldn't picture myself using anything else, it'd confuse the hell out of me, like the Mac originally did. It's definitely a transitition.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2999590 said:

4gig RAM

sounds like a nice machine man - macs are good, just expensive. but congrats cause i know it will last you a long time!

Rackat

Reaction score
theebs;2999591 said:
Greetings, Professor Falkan. Would you like to play a game of chess?

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
theebs;2999591 said:
JOSHUA????? Is that you???

iceberg;3000227 said:
sounds like a nice machine man - macs are good, just expensive. but congrats cause i know it will last you a long time!

Thats one of the main selling points to me. How long it will last. I'm really looking forward to a long relationship with it. Like another poster said, the transition is a tad tricky, but even 3 days in, I"m getting the hang of it. I even loaded windows on it too, and now I'm wondering why I did. I've enjoying OSX more than windows.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
All computer will last if you take care of it the hardware is the same.

I know people that upgrade there MAC just as often as a PC person because they are looking for more processor and more ram.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Kangaroo;3000950 said:
All computer will last if you take care of it the hardware is the same.

I know people that upgrade there MAC just as often as a PC person because they are looking for more processor and more ram.

You had better fix your post before Hostile sees your grammatical misstep! :laugh2:

We don't want Hostile getting hostile!

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Used a Mac SE/30 in college (yes, I'm old) but have never bought another Apple product.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
8FOR!3;2999780 said:
I've got a MacBook Pro. Once you've got a Mac you're pretty much stuck with Mac it for life lol. I couldn't picture myself using anything else, it'd confuse the hell out of me, like the Mac originally did. It's definitely a transitition.

Mac never confused me because I spent some time at the apple store learning how to use one before I bought it. It didn't take me long to learn the differences between a Mac and a PC. Anyone thinking about purchasing a Mac checkout Mac 101. This makes the transition from a PC to a Mac simple.

http://www.apple.com/support/mac101/

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
CowboyWay;3000780 said:
Thats one of the main selling points to me. How long it will last. I'm really looking forward to a long relationship with it. Like another poster said, the transition is a tad tricky, but even 3 days in, I"m getting the hang of it. I even loaded windows on it too, and now I'm wondering why I did. I've enjoying OSX more than windows.

That website I sent you has some very helpful people in its forums. I can try and help ya out if you need it as well. Congrats on the purchase