Who wants to tank?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So I’ve seen several people in different threads advocating tanking if it means JG gets fired. Assuming we lose the majority of our games and that means JG getting fired, who will go on record saying they want us to lose? This means starting Sunday, who wants the Eagles to win to help JG get fired?

Put me down for one!
:thumbup:

But to be perfectly honest, neither my preferences nor their attempts otherwise will have any effect on what's going to happen.

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Seriously do not care.
They have taken away the enjoyment not only from this season but more importantly to me, and many others here, draft season too..
Screw Jerry, Jason and Dak....

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
I'm rooting for some real change. Some rather just keep spinning their wheels in the mud. Who sees a playoff team here or playoff coaching? I really rather see an embarrassment that leads to Jerry making a move than sticking with the crappiest of coaches and still hoping for the best. That ship sailed. Some never actually learn a lesson. Linehan and Garrett are complete garbage and this offense looks like crap yet again.

here's the Oline vid as a refresher on how bad things actually are. Hard to blame execution or think this is going on a deep playoff run. Like I said before doesn't matter who you root for. Won't make the coaches any better. SO either Jerry wakes up from his coma or he doesn't? But Garrett needs to be gone.

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/have-a-look-at-our-quality-ol-play.419471/

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I’m being hypothetical here by asking if we knew for a fact that JG would be fired if we lost the majority of our remaining games.

giphy.gif

John813

Reaction score
I don't like rooting for losses. In 2015 I just stopped watching weeks 16/17.
I just won't be upset if/when they lose or if they don't win another game.
Sucks about the draft pick, but at least it's the best shot at changes.

And I can't see this team all of a sudden improving to make a serious run.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Team Tank has a funny ring to it but as a fan, I have a hard time rooting for a loss.. We need to lose out for Jerry to can Garrett but aye yie yie....

Big_D

Reaction score
I don't like rooting for losses. In 2015 I just stopped watching weeks 16/17.
I just won't be upset if/when they lose or if they don't win another game.
Sucks about the draft pick, but at least it's the best shot at changes.

And I can't see this team all of a sudden improving to make a serious run.

That's the real problem in a nutshell. No one cares anymore if they win or lose. Fans have just become immune to crap while hope has become a thing of the past.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
So I’ve seen several people in different threads advocating tanking if it means JG gets fired. Assuming we lose the majority of our games and that means JG getting fired, who will go on record saying they want us to lose? This means starting Sunday, who wants the Eagles to win to help JG get fired?
I think this team is going to tank even if they don’t want to. They’re just not any good. Schedule is brutal too.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Forget about this season.

We just don't have it. I don't care if we're mathematically still in it.

We've wasted too many seasons and Dallas needs real change and not some position coach.
We just don't have it
that sums it up

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

That's how Garrett got the job. He tanked the Offense to get Phillips fired. While it would hold a certain symettry, I don't ever like to see a team tank. Once you start down the path of giving up, it's real easy to make it a habit.

Big_D

Reaction score
That's how Garrett got the job. He tanked the Offense to get Phillips fired. While it would hold a certain symettry, I don't ever like to see a team tank. Once you start down the path of giving up, it's real easy to make it a habit.

He didn't tank anything. he sucked then like he sucks now.

KDM256

Reaction score
This year we fight to the end and hopefully climb back up to our usual standard... 8-8

2019 is the year we tank... Suck for Tua!