Who was a forgettable Cowboys player you'll never forget?

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
Ebenzer eckuban.

I'll never forget that name.

I used it for a pick and roll play we would run when I played in the intramural league during my freshman year of college. We were champs that year. Lost second round in playoffs my sophomore :(.

Etchyboy

Reaction score
Thomas Everett. Only because he went to the same high school as me. Graduated just a few years ahead of me.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMp5nVIecq78Lr1m4C0WyeFNmfAH3xaRGRbJCQObdF0aLL6eBV

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
You're misinterpreting the topic. It's about "forgettable" players that you can't forget, meaning not very good players. Kelvin Martin was a pretty good receiver/role player who made some impact plays like the one you pointed out at Candlestick.

And my point is proven in this thread...that no one.....I mean absolutely no one....mentioned him in 10 freaking pages. The guy is forgotten...:rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
And my point is proven in this thread...that no one.....I mean absolutely no one....mentioned him in 10 freaking pages. The guy is forgotten...:rolleyes:

He wasn't mentioned because he wasn't "forgettable." He was a good player. A player like Jackie Smith was "forgettable" with the Cowboys because he was a player we want to forget for obvious reasons but we can't forget.

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Victor Butler. Only got a few snaps here and there but always seemed to make a play. But just not good enough to take over a starting spot over Ware or Spencer. For a few years after he left I kept seeing 57 in preseason and thinking of Butler.

Bizwah

Reaction score
For some reason, I'm thinking of Robert Lavette. He was always so good in training camp and preseason. He could never break through the lineup.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Randy Hughes, Oklahoma. Great potential , next great safety, but injuries caught up with him. Had a great SB against Denver.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Couple more:

Antonio Anderson
Solomon Page

I wonder if any of these lesser known guys people are mentioning have posted here before?

robbieruff

Reaction score
Rod Hill...the symbol of our numerous 80's top pick downfalls...which paved the way to Landry's exit.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Lance Rentzel

I remember he stayed with the single face mask bar that only kickers had kepted installed on their helmets, I'm thinking I recall watching him rip off a huge gainer on a end around once,also.

I'm seeing very few names that are not unfamiliar to me, 3 or 4 I've never knew that they played pro football or sacked groceries ,,,,

Last edited:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
For me it was Mike Jenkins because I will never forget the time he intentionally whiffed on trying not to tacked that gnats running back on that run play in the red zone. I never liked his approach to the game. I always thought my boy OScan was better than Jenkins and I caught hell on this board for making that known.

98 percent of the board thought there was no contest. That Jenkins was the superior CB... I stayed all up in my feelings about OScan running circles around Jenkins and look who has stood the test of time...

Screw Mike Jenkins. I'll never forget how his lame butt had this board frothing at the mouth.