Who was the worst starting Dallas QB of all time?

chagus

Reaction score
He did have a canon for an arm but his decision making on and off the field left much to be desired. It's a shame because I thought he was the bees knees at Georgia.
I admit i had really high hopes for Carter. Heck of an arm and really mobile which was a combo that hadnt been seen in Dallas since Staubach (Cunningham doesnt count).

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of them and would have to go with Steve Pelluer over Gary Hogeboom. Pelluer had a 9-20 QB record and became the downfall for Tom Landry. Before anyone says Quincy Carter, he had a QB record of 18-16 and led the Cowboys to the playoffs once.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Babe Laufenberg was pretty brutal, but I’m going to go with Brad Johnson. He was absolutely horrid when he started in 2008 when Romo was hurt.
He was never our starting QB. Read the title of the thread! We’re not talking about a QB who started one or two games because of an injury. We’re talking about a QB that was named the starter and was given an opportunity for at least a few games.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
QC? Really? The guy went 10-6 with a VERY average team, and made one of the most clutch laser beam throws ever. Watch at 3:09 on Youtube

2003 Cowboys at Giants MNF Week 2​

I was at this game.

For the thread question I would have to say Babe is the measuring stick of bad QBs for Dallas.