Who was your favorite pick?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The one I most look forward to seeing is Matt Johnson.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Matt Johnson. I admit i know nothing about the guy other than the youtube videos i've seen. But his instincts, tackling and closing speed show up clearly. At worst, he's an instant STs star. If we're lucky, maybe a sub package S early on.

nathanlt

Reaction score
He wasn't drafted, but Adrian Hamilton from Prairie View is the most electrifying player we got after Claiborne.

Should be really good.

[youtube]1XU34I3duRw[/youtube]

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Tyrone Crawford...I wanted a DE in the worst way, and after the first round ended, this was the guy I wanted.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I loved the 5th rounder - WR Danny Coale. I expect him to see a lot of snaps and convert a lot of first downs for us.

It was important to pick up such a WR as it allows Miles to stay out wide where he is more effective and it gives the defense someone other than Witten to defend over the middle and should give him a little more space to work with.

I kind of think of him as the new and improved Patrick Crayton with the same game intelligence but with better route running and more speed. We have really missed Crayton since the ill-fated decision to keep RW11 over Crayton in 2010.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I have to go with Matt Johnson also. For all the who the heck is that, he looks to have all the tools to be a quality FS.... if he can make the jump up in competition.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Crawford and Coale in the draft & Adrian Hamilton in UDFA. And I don't think the Cowboys are done adding to the roster.

2012 is going to be interesting.

Reaction score
Who were the other picks? :laugh2:

Sorry I payed pretty much not attention the draft aside from the 1st pick.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
nathanlt;4541177 said:
He wasn't drafted, but Adrian Hamilton from Prairie View is the most electrifying player we got after Claiborne.

Should be really good.

[youtube]1XU34I3duRw[/youtube]

Small school or not, his ability to dip, bend then accelerate is pretty special.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Really excited about Tyrone Crawford. The guy moves like a 250 pounder at 280.

newlander

Reaction score
Chuck 54;4541185 said:
Tyrone Crawford...I wanted a DE in the worst way, and after the first round ended, this was the guy I wanted.

.....I've been asking for dlinemen for years: and finally got one. Granted, a couple DT's would've been nice but hey, this is a good start.

Eskimo

Reaction score
JohnsKey19;4541210 said:
Small school or not, his ability to dip, bend then accelerate is pretty special.

We'd have to ask Hos as he is the resident Suggs expert.

However, I wonder if this guy Hamilton is somewhat reminiscent of what Suggs looked like in college. Of course we have to keep in mind that Suggs was much younger and was playing at a higher level in the Pac-10. Otherwise the measurables are quite similar and these are both guys who seem to play a lot faster than they time.

Again, I'm just talking about the way he moves, not if he's going to have the same kind of career.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
i gotta go with Hanna, the big TE that runs a 4.4, if he can develop, that would be a real nice weapon