Who was your favorite pick?

Fredd

Reaction score
I love Coale....mini-welker....anyone that dives for balls is OK with Fredd!

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
ThreeandOut;4541465 said:
That sounds like your typical Lakers fan.

I'll go a different direction and say Wilber. They targeted Wilber and Johnson in the 4th but they wanted Wilber first so they must see something in him that they like. I'm interested in seeing if he is a better pass rusher than indicated by his sack totals last year.

No, they just knew no one knew anything about Matt Johnson, and if they did they were willing to risk it. My guess is they were guessing not many, if any, had him on their radar.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CowboyMcCoy;4582180 said:
No, they just knew no one knew anything about Matt Johnson, and if they did they were willing to risk it. My guess is they were guessing not many, if any, had him on their radar.

If that was the case, why burn a 4th round pick on him if you don't believe he's on anyone's radar?

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
I'm most excited about Johnson and Coale, but I want to see them all, including Crawford and McSurdy.

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
CowboyMcCoy;4582180 said:

From what I've read, they weren't certain Wilbur and Johnson would be available in the fourth. It sounded like there were at least a couple of other teams interested in Johnson in that overall range (4-5th round).

Anyways, the way things have gone so far, I'll be happy to just see any of the rookies get on the field.

visionary

Reaction score
interested to see all of them

crawford would be my pick as i really think we need consistent pressure from front 7 by someone not named ware

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
The Olineman we drafted or that 2nd rounder.

Probably Wilbur but Dallas needs Saftey help in the worst of ways.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll rank the picks in order of preference....

1. Kyle Wilber
2. Danny Coale
3. Tyrone Crawford
4. Caleb McSurdy
5. James Hanna
6. Matt Johnson
7. Morris Claiborne

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Risen Star;4582784 said:
I'll rank the picks in order of preference....

1. Kyle Wilber
2. Danny Coale
3. Tyrone Crawford
4. Caleb McSurdy
5. James Hanna
6. Matt Johnson
7. Morris Claiborne

The sad thing is that you're probably serious.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
xwalker;4582794 said:
The sad thing is that you're probably serious.

Horrible use of a 1st and 2nd round pick.

I'm as serious about it as I was when I said Newman was a wasted pick.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Never been good at following rules so Claiborne is my guy. He is a playmaker some who cover college football and the draft know this as well. Getting a playmaker is alway a great thing.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He is a playmaker. Kiper said he had the best ball skills of any CB coming out of the draft in the last 10-12 years, IHO.

I wish we had the horses up front to maximize the impact of a pick like that.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Risen Star;4582814 said:
He is a playmaker. Kiper said he had the best ball skills of any CB coming out of the draft in the last 10-12 years, IHO.

I don't think the horses as all that bad. I think adding more quickness at ILB will help in sending pressure up the middle and have 2 guys who are very good press corner should help force QB to pull the ball down a bit more often.

As for Claiborne we had a chance to get 1 of the best players in this draft and did so I'm not going to cry about it I'm damn happy to have him on this team and hope that is the case for years to come.

Seeing many of the DL players in the draft they were not rated that high in comparision to recent draft so getting a guy calling him a top pass rusher does not make it so.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Risen Star;4582814 said:

:rolleyes: We do have the "horses" up front.

ps. If you are this negative about your favorite team I cant imagine how negative you are in RL

JakeCamp12

Reaction score
I would like to see Ron Leary make the team and be a starter for a few years...I want to see him bring some nasty and attitude to the OLine.

TheDallasDon

AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee
Reaction score
Top 3....in order

1. Tyrone Crawford
2. Matt Johnson
3. Kyle Wilber