Who was your favorite pick?

RS12

Reaction score
Hanna, not sure he ammounts to anything but here's hoping. Love to see Hamilton make it as an FA.

JackWagon

Reaction score
I dont care if its a small school ... 20.5 sacks means you got somethin going on and are worth a shot. Would love to see this kid bring it as a DE or replace spencer next year at OLB.

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
I'm interested in seeing Coale take Robinson's spot. Don't think he'll have the same production (11 TDs), but be able to make the plays to move the chains.

Also, Hanna, he isn't the pass blocking TE that Bennett was, and we still drafted him. Which leads me to believe that Garrett wants to run some more 2TE sets, but actually use the other TE instead of leaving him in to block. I'm not going to say Hanna will be Aaron Hernandez, but to have another option like Walker is used in SF would be great.

I can't wait to see Crawford rush the passer for the DE spot. I envision Lissenmore, Ratliff, and Crawford on the D-Line on third downs, hopefully this, along with better corner play, will lead to getting off the field on third downs unlike last year.

And of course, Matt Johnson. When I started complaining about this pick, my friend quickly reminded me that Romo was undrafted. I said, "I know, trust me, I know. I just don't know what they see in him because I can't find anything on him." Now that we've had some info, it looks like he could be a player, but I'm not going to go crazy just yet.

mmillman

Reaction score
Hanna. Dallas needs to groom an heir to Witten now and Hanna has the physical ability and maybe with time can be that guy.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
jswalker1981;4542303 said:
And of course, Matt Johnson. When I started complaining about this pick, my friend quickly reminded me that Romo was undrafted. I said, "I know, trust me, I know. I just don't know what they see in him because I can't find anything on him." Now that we've had some info, it looks like he could be a player, but I'm not going to go crazy just yet.
I think think the lack of info had a lot to do with him not being invited to the combine. There are very few players not invited that end up getting any positive pub from draftniks. Also Johnson was hurt as a senior (torn bicep that effected his tackling) and tried to play through it unsuccessfully and so he ended up with some bad tape towards the end of his career.

fortdick

Reaction score
I think Matt Johnson will be a starter before the season is over.

This is more of an indictment on Poole than belief that Johnson is an all pro.

JackWagon

Reaction score
If we hit on a pass rusher (Crawford or the kid from Prarie View) and Johnson along with Mo ... i think this draft is a success. We have to get more than 1 descent player in these drafts ... we have to get at least 2 to 3 players every year.

ethiostar

Reaction score
nathanlt;4541177 said:
He wasn't drafted, but Adrian Hamilton from Prairie View is the most electrifying player we got after Claiborne.

Should be really good.

[youtube]1XU34I3duRw[/youtube]

Interesting.

Coale!

CowboyMcCoy

Business is a Boomin
Reaction score
zrinkill;4542728 said:
Danny Coale

He certainly looks the part. I'll agree he looks like a solid player. I'm actually liking this draft more than some.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
JackWagon;4542642 said:
If we hit on a pass rusher (Crawford or the kid from Prarie View) and Johnson along with Mo ... i think this draft is a success. We have to get more than 1 descent player in these drafts ... we have to get at least 2 to 3 players every year.

We got 3 last year that could turn into 5. Smith, Murray, Bailey, Nagy and Carter.

This year I think Claiborne and Coale (as 3rd Wr) start. Crawford and Wilbur play a lot. hannah makes the team. By year two Crawford starts. I don't know if Johnson or McDirty are ever more than back-ups but solid ST kind of guys.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
morasp;4541937 said:
I guess I'd say LaMichael James. Interested to see how he does under Harbuagh. Wouldn't surprise me to see him turn out to be a better NFL player than Reggie Bush.

As far as the Cowboys picks, being from Montana I've got to say McSurdy. As JG said he's a football player. NFL.com had him listed as one of the best values of the draft.

I didn't think I'd see anyone else say McSurdy. He's Rudy IMO. He was absolutely disrespected by the Dallas Media when they were questioning him after he was drafted. Go to the cowboys page and just listen. That automatically made me want to root for him. I don't know if he will be ever some All-Pro/Elite player but I think he could be someone who shows up everyday and becomes a reliable player that the team can lean on at times.

But, maybe that's just wishful thinking? :confused:

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
It's really a toss-up between Crawford, Coale, and Johnson. I think Crawford will be very good (just needs experience) and Coale appears to be exactly the type of guy this offense needs (reliable, quick, precise route runner). Romo is a very accurate QB and usually connects well with reliable route runners (Glenn, Witten, etc). Matt Johnson just looks like a good safety. The guy has the measurables, he plays the run and the pass well, and appears to have a nose for the ball. I could see all three being future starters (Coale in 3 WR sets) and definite contributors in 2012. Add in Claiborne and this has the makings of a really good draft. This Hamilton guy looks like he could be our UDFA gem. Regardless of his competition, he looks very impressive. I'm not sure how even the best players from D-1 could have dominated more than this guy at that level.

So, in the end, if I had to pick one guy it would be...Coale (with Crawford a VERY close second). If Hamilton was a "pick" it would probably be him.

morasp

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4543536 said:
I didn't think I'd see anyone else say McSurdy. He's Rudy IMO. He was absolutely disrespected by the Dallas Media when they were questioning him after he was drafted. Go to the cowboys page and just listen. That automatically made me want to root for him. I don't know if he will be ever some All-Pro/Elite player but I think he could be someone who shows up everyday and becomes a reliable player that the team can lean on at times.

But, maybe that's just wishful thinking? :confused:

He stayed professional though. I like when they asked what he was going to spend his first check on he said a big screen TV or PS3.

Gameover

Reaction score
Fav:Coale - Soon to be Romo's go too target.This guy was made for Romo!Robinson won't be missed.

Most intriguing:Hanna

The Realist

Reaction score
I like every single one of the players we drafted and a few of the UDFA's.

Other than Mo the player that gives our team the biggest boost if he develops is MJ. A super athletic S that can cover and is a ballhawk. We've need that for 8-10 years. He has all of the physical attributes and major production to back it up. In fact all of our picks have those 2 things.

I'm a big fan of the TE position and I think it's very underrated still in the NFL. I liked Hanna pre-draft and I'm glad we got him. I think the war room fight was JG wanting Leary and JJ wanting Hanna thinking we could get Leary UDFA. If you can't get a 4.49 TE open you shouldn't be in the NFL. Love his explosiveness too.....36-38 vertical jump.

Didn't know anything about Coale pre-draft but love the production and he ran 4.37 at his Pro Day. Prototype slot WR.

Adrian Hamiliton had insane production albeit vs lower level competition. If you hit it big in UDFA on a premium position you just saved yourself a 1st or 2nd round pick for the most part.

Intrigued by Eddie Whitley FS VT. All he physical attributes in the world. 6-1/195 with 4.40 speed.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Realist;4543965 said:
I like every single one of the players we drafted and a few of the UDFA's.

Other than Mo the player that gives our team the biggest boost if he develops is MJ. A super athletic S that can cover and is a ballhawk. We've need that for 8-10 years. He has all of the physical attributes and major production to back it up. In fact all of our picks have those 2 things.

I'm a big fan of the TE position and I think it's very underrated still in the NFL. I liked Hanna pre-draft and I'm glad we got him. I think the war room fight was JG wanting Leary and JJ wanting Hanna thinking we could get Leary UDFA. If you can't get a 4.49 TE open you shouldn't be in the NFL. Love his explosiveness too.....36-38 vertical jump.

Didn't know anything about Coale pre-draft but love the production and he ran 4.37 at his Pro Day. Prototype slot WR.

Adrian Hamiliton had insane production albeit vs lower level competition. If you hit it big in UDFA on a premium position you just saved yourself a 1st or 2nd round pick for the most part.

Intrigued by Eddie Whitley FS VT. All he physical attributes in the world. 6-1/195 with 4.40 speed.

Whitley was a really nice signing. I hope he makes some noise in camp this summer.