Who will have better stats, Jarwin or Schultz?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
True, if you're going to get good yardage out of your TE, Jarwin would be your guy. That's why he's the lead dog.

Only playing TE is much more than just speed. Schultz is the better all around player and has no issues getting open. Has the confidence of his QB and has shown he can be effective over an entire season.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You Schultz fans are not bright. The battle is over, Jarwin won. This thread is evidence that you just don't get it. Jarwin is the starting TE for the Cowboys. The only action Schultz will see on the field is Jarwins leftovers in garbage time.

You sound very confident. Has it actually been determined that Jarwin is the starter and will get most of the snaps?

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Shultz has shown much more than Jarwin has here. Jarwin had one 3 TD game against the Giants 2 years ago and that is all he has ever done.
Only playing TE is much more than just speed. Schultz is the better all around player and has no issues getting open. Has the confidence of his QB and has shown he can be effective over an entire season.

And yet, when the 1s were out there in preseason it was Jarwin starting and not Schultz. Sorry, but at the end of the day, you need to produce. When Schultz goes contract shopping at the end of the year, he's not going to be selling his blocking skills for the most part, it'll mostly be about what he's produced and that's what'll get him his money. And while he was a great surprise last season, whatever he averages, Jarwin averages better. If Jarwin can't stay healthy then it's great to have Schultz with a little drop-off. But when your future with the team is dependent on another guy's health, you're NOT the guy.

It's great to have both and you no doubt work them each into the system for production. Plus, you can ease up on Jarwin's snaps if you want. But if you want to attack a defense, Jarwin is your man and it's not close. Small sample size in preseason but Schultz caught 2 balls for 26 yards. Jarwin caught 1 for 25. When your tight end can gain you a quarter of a football field in one clip, you load that weapon more times than not. Case closed.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Who will have better stats, the starter or the backup. This is the real question being asked.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
And yet, when the 1s were out there in preseason it was Jarwin starting and not Schultz. Sorry, but at the end of the day, you need to produce. When Schultz goes contract shopping at the end of the year, he's not going to be selling his blocking skills for the most part, it'll mostly be about what he's produced and that's what'll get him his money. And while he was a great surprise last season, whatever he averages, Jarwin averages better. If Jarwin can't stay healthy then it's great to have Schultz with a little drop-off. But when your future with the team is dependent on another guy's health, you're NOT the guy.

It's great to have both and you no doubt work them each into the system for production. Plus, you can ease up on Jarwin's snaps if you want. But if you want to attack a defense, Jarwin is your man and it's not close. Small sample size in preseason but Schultz caught 2 balls for 26 yards. Jarwin caught 1 for 25. When your tight end can gain you a quarter of a football field in one clip, you load that weapon more times than not. Case closed.
Depends what the buyer needs. All Jarwin has over Shultz is a little speed the way I see it. I like both guys. Schultz better all around, Jarwin big play element.

I think both will gets lots of work.

Jarwin averages? You mean the one big game he had? The reality is Jarwin has done nothing in this league. Guys like you fell in love over one big game over two years ago.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TE BATTLE

By the end of the year, will Jarwin or Schultz have better stats and who will have a bigger year?

I am going with Jarwin. I think he will have a big year, and I will think he will have some long td's.
The one that stays healthy.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Depends what the buyer needs. All Jarwin has over Shultz is a little speed the way I see it. I like both guys. Schultz better all around, Jarwin big play element.

I think both will gets lots of work.

Jarwin averages? You mean the one big game he had? The reality is Jarwin has done nothing in this league. Guys like you fell in love over one big game over two years ago.

Jarwin had 8 catches that game and has 51 more to his credit so the average ain't skewed. Schultz has 74 catches career wise yet Jarwin still has more than a two yard average advantage. Give me that most of the time. Both get open but Jarwin does more with it. The team agrees. You'll just have to burst capillaries dealing with it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jarwin had 8 catches that game and has 51 more to his credit so the average ain't skewed. Schultz has 74 catches career wise yet Jarwin still has more than a two yard average advantage. Give me that most of the time. Both get open but Jarwin does more with it. The team agrees. You'll just have to burst capillaries dealing with it.

Shultz actually started and played te for a year. Jarwin took the defense by surprise as the 7 option no one was expecting. I like Jarwin speed, but that’s it. Many of you only look at receiving in a te. It’s only half the job.

But Jarwin is great at limping off after a 20 yard catch.:thumbup:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Actually, outside of score, they never are determined by stats.

The team with the most yards typically loses.

:huh:

• Kansas City last season:
    • Won all games when they had more passing yards and more rushing yards.
    • In 2 losses they had less pass and less rush yards.
    • In the other loss they had less rush yards and there were 10 yards difference in total yards.

• Tampa Bay last season:
    • In all wins they had either more pass yards, more rush yards or both.

Techsass

Reaction score
If Schultz actually becomes the starter, they still need to keep Jarwin for the Giants games.

J12B

Reaction score
Schultz.

Because he's proven he can be the starter and stay healthy.

JustChip

Reaction score
TE BATTLE

By the end of the year, will Jarwin or Schultz have better stats and who will have a bigger year?

I am going with Jarwin. I think he will have a big year, and I will think he will have some long td's.
It dun’t matter as long as we win of which both will be critical contributors, albeit in different ways.