Who would be the 4 members on the Cowboys Mt. Rushmore?

dwmyers

Reaction score
I'd be curious what guys like TobiasEagle and PT and SkinsAndTerps, etc would choose as their "Rushmore" guys for their own teams..

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
dwmyers said:
I'd be curious what guys like TobiasEagle and PT and SkinsAndTerps, etc would choose as their "Rushmore" guys for their own teams..
Please, for the love of God, NO.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Landry
Lilly
Staubach
Emmitt

:bow:

I might have said Jerry, but that nip-tuck face would look terrible in stone.:lmao:

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Jerry would have to be on it. He took an organization run by great guys who the game had passed by and committed himself to turning it around as quickly as he could.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Jimmy
Switzer
Gailey
Campo

:laugh1:

Seriously

Landry
Tex
Clint Murcheson(sp)
and I can't think of the other original owner(s)

They made the Cowboys what they are

Clint Murchison Jr is the original owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

CoCo

Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Why not the real Mt rushmore does not acknowledge other great presidents. :laugh1: I made my choice because they were so called the founding fathers of the Dallas Cowboys

Good point! Fair enough...

CoCo

Reaction score
WV Cowboy said:
Landry
Lilly
Staubach
Emmitt

I might have said Jerry, but that nip-tuck face would look terrible in stone.:lmao:

Your list above is my 2nd choice but despite the face-lift I simply had to give Jones his due - maybe it could be his pre-facelift mug.

fortdick

Reaction score
Landry - of course
Staubach - of course
Aikman - over Emmit
Meredith - over Lily because he was the face of the Cowboys in the day.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Reality
Hostile
Juke99
BrainPaint

Best board on the 'net:wink2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
Jimmy
Switzer
Gailey
Campo

:laugh1:

Seriously

Landry
Tex
Clint Murcheson(sp)
and I can't think of the other original owner(s)

They made the Cowboys what they are
Bedford Wynne.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hostile said:
Bedford Wynne.

Wow! That's not to shabby Hos. Not at all.

It was January 28, 1960, and Clint Murchison and Bedford Wynne were standing at the NFL meetings in Miami Beach, Florida, awaiting the word. When other owners emerged from a room and told Murchison and Wynne that they were now the newest owners of an NFL franchise, no one expected the announcement would help turn the NFL into America's newest pastime and the new expansion team, the Dallas Cowboys, into America's Team. Five Super Bowl titles, seven Hall of Famers, and a litany of legendary players, characters, and games later, the Dallas Cowboys franchise has cemented itself among the most successful in all of sports and, with a fan base that extends all over the world, among the most well known. Legends of the Dallas Cowboys takes an in-depth look at 15 of the legends that have shaped the Cowboys' identity, beginning with Tom Landry, the man who was hired before Murchison had been awarded a team and who is still the franchise's enduring image. Also included is Tex Schramm, under whom the Cowboys had 20 straight winning seasons and who is considered the most forward-thinking NFL executive ever. Contributing to all the winning was a legacy of great quarterbacks: Don Meredith, the original Cowboys quarterback: Roger Staubach, who brought the team its first Super Bowl title; and Troy Aikman, who returned the team to greatness in the 1990s with three Super Bowl wins. Runners such as Emmitt Smith, the all-time rushing king, and Tony Dorsett, number five on that list, carried the Cowboys to victory. Legends of the Dallas Cowboys profiles Randy White and Ed "Too Tall" Jones from the famed "Doomsday Defense," as well as their predecessors, Bob Lilly, Lee Roy Jordan, and Mel Renfro. Also includedare innovators like Bob Hayes, who forced the creation of the zone defense, and Michael Irvin and Thomas "Hollywood" Henderson, who forced the creation of behavioral clauses in contracts. Each of the legends played their own unique role in shaping the lore of one of sports' greatest franchises, a franchise that began humbly on a winter day in Miami and is now a model of success.

Danny White

Winter is Coming
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
Why not the real Mt rushmore does not acknowledge other great presidents. :laugh1: I made my choice because they were so called the founding fathers of the Dallas Cowboys
Only two of the four faces on Mt. Rushmore are "founding fathers" though.

Historically speaking, Teddy Roosevelt would be the Emmitt Smith of Mt. Rushmore (the modern representative).

Sure, nowadays Teddy seems like ancient history (except to CBZ40), but at the time, he was quite recent history.

I think you absolutely HAVE to have a 90's Cowboy on the monument.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If Emmitt is included, would they have to carve his face out of a HUGE diamond instead of granite? :eek:

:star:

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
For as much as Tex Schramm did for the franchise, I'd rather include people who were directly involved in the games.

Tom Landry
Bob Lilly
Roger Staubach
Emmitt Smith

Or, if it's Mount RUSHmore --

Emmitt Smith
Tony Dorsett
Don Perkins
Calvin Hill (until Julius Jones earns it)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Danny White said:
Only two of the four faces on Mt. Rushmore are "founding fathers" though.

Historically speaking, Teddy Roosevelt would be the Emmitt Smith of Mt. Rushmore (the modern representative).

Sure, nowadays Teddy seems like ancient history (except to CBZ40), but at the time, he was quite recent history.

I think you absolutely HAVE to have a 90's Cowboy on the monument.

Bully!!!! I'd give the 90's team there own but my Mt. Cowboysmore is set in stone. Clint Murchison Jr, Landry, Tex and Lilly :laugh2: