Who would you add as a 4th voice to DC.com's Talkin Cowboys to make it an improved listen?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Premise: Whether you individually feel this way or not, a plurality if not a majority of posters on this board appear to be less than keen on the Talkin Cowboys panel--particularly in that, they're prone to criticizing Nate for his ad nauseum intros to his comments ("I always tell people," etc.) and then droning on and on, and/or Mickey's odd way of conveying himself as an authority instead of what he is, just an observer who is on the payroll to write and comment about the team.

So, who could be added to Phillips, Newton and Spagnola, and to your mind, would bring something that would make that show more palatable?

Parameter #1: Pleeeeeeease let's not re-litigate all that was said in that epic Talkin vs. Break thread that finally made it's way off the first page only recently. Stick to the question, and explain why your nominee would make for a legit answer.

Parameter #2: Can't steal anyone from Break.

Parameter #3: Has to be someone from among the living ( :) )

Parameter #4: Has to be someone who is Dallas-based, and accordingly, conceivably available if sought out.

Just curious. And being in education, I have a week here to totally immerse myself in Cowboys-related recreational chatter, so I'm making full use of that time :). I actually don't have a specific person in-mind as I ask this. I'm betting someone probably even will come up with a better idea than any of the first thoughts I've had.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Premise: Whether you individually feel this way or not, a plurality if not a majority of posters on this board appear to be less than keen on the Talkin Cowboys panel--particularly in that, they're prone to criticizing Nate for his ad nauseum intros to his comments ("I always tell people," etc.) and then droning on and on, and/or Mickey's odd way of conveying himself as an authority instead of what he is, just an observer who is on the payroll to write and comment about the team.

So, who could be added to Phillips, Newton and Spagnola, and to your mind, would bring something that would make that show more palatable?

Parameter #1: Pleeeeeeease let's not re-litigate all that was said in that epic Talkin vs. Break thread that finally made it's way off the first page only recently. Stick to the question, and explain why your nominee would make for a legit answer.

Parameter #4: Has to be someone who is Dallas-based, and accordingly, conceivably available if sought out.

Just curious. And being in education, I have a week here to totally immerse myself in Cowboys-related recreational chatter, so I'm making full use of that time :). I actually don't have a specific person in-mind as I ask this. I'm betting someone probably even will come up with a better idea than any of the first thoughts I've had.
Me.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not from the Break.

I'm among the living.

I'm in Dallas.

I'm smarter than Mickey.

I have a far better command of the English language than Nate.

I'm more handsome than Rob.

Finally, I might at some point just punch Mickey in the face on camera.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Nobody I actually like it like it is. If anything I wish they'd stop taking calls from the fans. Tbh 90% of them to me are a waste calling wise. Nate drags on but I've gotten used to it and. Mickey is funny to me even though he is wrong at times but so convinced he is right. That's funny just like on here when it happens. I also think most people on here that think they would do better would stink,the joint up. If they are soooo good they should do their own podcast and let's see how good they are.

haleyrules

Reaction score
I'm not from the Break.

I'm among the living.

I'm in Dallas.

I'm smarter than Mickey.

Finally, I might at some point just punch Mickey in the face on camera.
Deal. Punch Mickey...and your in. He is far up Jerry's backside he could catch resin star by the ankles!

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score

I'd add @Hostile.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
4 voices are too many for my taste. One of the reasons I don't listen to Break (and TStern mainly). Talkin Cowboys does have 4 voices off and on though, with their control board guy named Garrison (think that's his name). He's quite good actually with his take on the game and stuff between the other guys.

RedLine

Reaction score
I would like to see them have a rotational spot. They could use it for an awesome guest like Troy or Michael.

_sturt_

Reaction score
4 voices are too many for my taste. One of the reasons I don't listen to Break (and TStern mainly). Talkin Cowboys does have 4 voices off and on though, with their control board guy named Garrison (think that's his name). He's quite good actually with his take on the game and stuff between the other guys.

I respect the opinion, but to me, having a 4th person would really help that show in-particular. I can take Nate in doses. I can take Mickey in doses. But Phillips, unlike Eagleton, doesn't participate in the discussion nearly enough to make the show bearable... same for Garrison, who I agree, tho, is always substantive.

roughneck266

Reaction score
I'm not from the Break.

I'm among the living.

I'm in Dallas.

I'm smarter than Mickey.

Finally, I might at some point just punch Mickey in the face on camera
You had me right there....