Who would you add as a 4th voice to DC.com's Talkin Cowboys to make it an improved listen?

_sturt_

Reaction score
Mickey, has been covering the team since the 1980s. Don't know how more credible you need to be. But that's just me..

Not sure I'm communicating here.

There is a credibility that coaches and some players bring to exes and ohs discussion that the rest of us, even someone who has covered a team for decades, just naturally cannot. That's all I'm getting at. But moreover, Mickey doesn't contribute that kind of input anyway. He may have an opinion of why a play worked or didn't, but he's not going to analyze how Free got off his first block to the next level, or other intricacies (as a rule)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Not sure I'm communicating here.

There is a credibility that coaches and some players bring to exes and ohs discussion that the rest of us, even someone who has covered a team for decades, just naturally cannot. That's all I'm getting at. But moreover, Mickey doesn't contribute that kind of input anyway. He may have an opinion of why a play worked or didn't, but he's not going to analyze how Free got off his first block to the next level, or other intricacies (as a rule)

My answer isn't your idea of communication, unless I agree with you.

And I've heard many times Mickey break down aspects of the game such as you described above. Not your idea of credibility, but for me yes.

_sturt_

Reaction score
My answer isn't your idea of communication, unless I agree with you.

That's not accurate. Until you said the rest of what you just said, it wasn't apparent that I was being specific enough.

And I've heard many times Mickey break down aspects of the game such as you described above.

Fair enough. I suppose I just haven't been watching on those occasions.

Not your idea of credibility, but for me yes.

Also fair enough. But you have to know what I'm getting at by now. For the same reason that there's never a sportswriter sitting across from the pbp guy in the broadcast booth, but rather a person whose name once appeared on the roster of a professional team, there's a built-in credibility that the former coach or player brings that the other does not.

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
I'm not from the Break.

I'm among the living.

I'm in Dallas.

I'm smarter than Mickey.

I have a far better command of the English language than Nate.

I'm more handsome than Rob.

Finally, I might at some point just punch Mickey in the face on camera.
Same here. But only I'm not from Dallas

ctrous25

Stay Classy Philly/Minny
Reaction score
Helmans a dweeb but is more tolerable than Mickey and Nate. I wish we could trade Nate for Darren Woodson

Satchel89

Reaction score
Nick Eatman. Yes he would be on both shows. I'm not saying he knows everything or is right with everything he says but he's the most level headed when it comes to talking about the Cowboys. He's not a total homer and he'll call himself out when he's wrong on a player or on the outcome of a game

_sturt_

Reaction score
Helmans a dweeb but is more tolerable than Mickey and Nate. I wish we could trade Nate for Darren Woodson

Maybe I'm just making this up, but wasn't Helman a regular on one of the podcasts at one time?