Who would you add as a 4th voice to DC.com's Talkin Cowboys to make it an improved listen?

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
Addition by subtraction. Bye bye Mickey "get off my lawn" Spagnola. Go find another set of fans to chastise.

Would love to hear Randy White on the show because I would love his insights into the trenches.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Someone mentioned Campo earlier. While I'd like an ex-coach, I'm not big on Campo, even though he'd be one of the most obvious choices. Likeable enough just as a person, sure, but for an ex-head coach, he doesn't bring the authoritative commentary that might otherwise be an asset to the show. He always seems to me as-if he's walking on egg shells, and isn't really interested in challenging opinions of others. ("Challenging" being different from "abrasively challenging"... there's a difference.)

How about Charean Williams? I know there was a thread on the board maybe a month ago when she was among the few Cowboy beat media almost universally respected... at least, in that particular thread anyway. And it wouldn't be the first time the Cowboys media people drafted in a local newspaper personality.

Or, does anyone know if Luis Fernando Perez also speaks English? Might be cool to bring in a voice from the Spanish radio booth but that's just a surface observation--have no clue what he'd bring in terms of substance and personality.

hendog

Reaction score
I'm not from the Break.

I'm among the living.

I'm in Dallas.

I'm smarter than Mickey.

I have a far better command of the English language than Nate.

I'm more handsome than Rob.

Finally, I might at some point just punch Mickey in the face on camera.
Not to mention the fact that you united the clans and willed your country to freedom!!!

risco

Reaction score
Premise: Whether you individually feel this way or not, a plurality if not a majority of posters on this board appear to be less than keen on the Talkin Cowboys panel--particularly in that, they're prone to criticizing Nate for his ad nauseum intros to his comments ("I always tell people," etc.) and then droning on and on, and/or Mickey's odd way of conveying himself as an authority instead of what he is, just an observer who is on the payroll to write and comment about the team.

So, who could be added to Phillips, Newton and Spagnola, and to your mind, would bring something that would make that show more palatable?

Parameter #1: Pleeeeeeease let's not re-litigate all that was said in that epic Talkin vs. Break thread that finally made it's way off the first page only recently. Stick to the question, and explain why your nominee would make for a legit answer.

Parameter #2: Can't steal anyone from Break.

Parameter #3: Has to be someone from among the living ( :) )

Parameter #4: Has to be someone who is Dallas-based, and accordingly, conceivably available if sought out.

Just curious. And being in education, I have a week here to totally immerse myself in Cowboys-related recreational chatter, so I'm making full use of that time :). I actually don't have a specific person in-mind as I ask this. I'm betting someone probably even will come up with a better idea than any of the first thoughts I've had.

I have to state as everyone has--- ME!!!

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Kristi stays on top of stuff. And she always responds when I ask her something. :D

Agreed. Charean Williams and Dave Campo were also great suggestions.

Me personally I'd like to see Tony Casillas or JJT on the show; both are knowledgable and opinionated. I do not always agree with either but I appreciate their insight.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Tony Casillas

Had thought about him as I was thinking through Hispanic possibilities. Intrigued, but didn't bring him up b/c I'm not sure how much the show would benefit from a second former player taking one of the seats. Now that you say his name tho, compelled me to find out just now that he's had some broadcasting experience (his own talk show in OKC evidently)... so intrigued a little more. Maybe a combination of an O-line guy and a D-line guy could be a good thing (?).

_sturt_

Reaction score
Soooo... playing this out to the next level.... it appears we have our nominee list...

2016-12-30_1400.png

So, let's make this easy.

1. Which options are not just acceptable, but that you'd actually be enthusiastic about? (limit 3, at most, plz)

2. Which options are not even barely acceptable, and that, as a rule, would actually turn you off from listening to TC? (limit 3, at most, plz)

(I'll wait to chime-in myself.)

Remember that just b/c you like someone doesn't mean s/he would mix well with Nate/Mickey/Rob... take that into consideration please.

Interested to see what comes back.