Who would you add as a 4th voice to DC.com's Talkin Cowboys to make it an improved listen?

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Rowdy. Does he talk?

How about one of those vaquero dudes that run around the stadium with the spark making Cowboys flags after each TD? They wear the black Cowboy hat, white long sleeves and jeans.

I've always wondered how I could get that gig. Surely they get to hang out with the cheerleaders.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I see the page just flipped, so begging indulgences... let me just place this at the top. (I promise not to keep doing this.)

2016-12-30_1656.png

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Soooo... playing this out to the next level.... it appears we have our nominee list...

2016-12-30_1400.png

So, let's make this easy.

1. Which options are not just acceptable, but that you'd actually be enthusiastic about? (limit 3, at most, plz)

2. Which options are not even barely acceptable, and that, as a rule, would actually turn you off from listening to TC? (limit 3, at most, plz)

(I'll wait to chime-in myself.)

Remember that just b/c you like someone doesn't mean s/he would mix well with Nate/Mickey/Rob... take that into consideration please.

Interested to see what comes back.
Hey, you forgot my name...I think a got a vote...:laugh:

Seriously, the only media guys that would want to discuss real details would be Sturm and Vela. I think the Cowboys connection with 105.3 The Fan would keep them from considering Sturm.

The ex-players and Campo need to be on a show with a strong host. If you had one of the legit Radio personalities or Brad Sham as the lead host, then having the ex-players or coaches would work, but with those knuckleheads that are on the show now, it would be a disaster.

If Jean-Jacques Taylor or Skip Bayless were on fire, I would not :espn: on them to put it out. They should never be associated with the Cowboys.

I would be happy to drink Johnnie Walker Blue on the air. Actually, I would need a couple before the show in order to deal with those knuckleheads.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Hey, you forgot my name...I think a got a vote...:laugh:

Seriously, the only media guys that would want to discuss real details would be Sturm and Vela. I think the Cowboys connection with 105.3 The Fan would keep them from considering Sturm.

The ex-players and Campo need to be on a show with a strong host. If you had one of the legit Radio personalities or Brad Sham as the lead host, then having the ex-players or coaches would work, but with those knuckleheads that are on the show now, it would be a disaster.

If Jean-Jacques Taylor or Skip Bayless were on fire, I would not :espn: on them to put it out. They should never be associated with the Cowboys.

I would be happy to drink Johnnie Walker Blue on the air. Actually, I would need a couple before the show in order to deal with those knuckleheads.

Appreciate the extensive thoughts... and I think I understand JJT and Bayless are your answer to #2 (and incidentally I'm with you on that part)... but I'm cloudy on your answer to #1.

_sturt_

Reaction score
I think what's most missing from Talkin is that element that Broaddus provides in Break, which is someone who brings some technical expertise, not merely opinion or war stories or homer-istic hyperbole. There are (arguably, at least) individuals on Talkin who are capable of the occasional intriguing observation or compelling opinion. But there's no one around the table who commands any respect for what he brings to the exes and ohhs part.

Is that accurate?

But then, I look at that list, and the only one who seemingly fits that role ought to be Campo... yet, Campo doesn't really ever seem to actually do that on any of the other shows where he's participated.

Maybe this is a lost cause.

9darter

Reaction score
I can't stand any smug media types. Give me X and three more Zoners and I'm paying attention.

Seriously.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Yeah... I'm convinced now. Blow it up. And find an ex-coach with some personality who can effectively be the anchor of the show.

Heeeeeyyyyy... Switzer?!?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Cowboys Cheerleader of the day should be in that 4th chair and she should sit where Rob currently sits to take advantage of the best camera angles. :)

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I think what's most missing from Talkin is that element that Broaddus provides in Break, which is someone who brings some technical expertise, not merely opinion or war stories or homer-istic hyperbole. There are (arguably, at least) individuals on Talkin who are capable of the occasional intriguing observation or compelling opinion. But there's no one around the table who commands any respect for what he brings to the exes and ohhs part.

Is that accurate?

But then, I look at that list, and the only one who seemingly fits that role ought to be Campo... yet, Campo doesn't really ever seem to actually do that on any of the other shows where he's participated.

Maybe this is a lost cause.

Nate does that. A former OL who knows the game, knows offenses and defenses. Mickey has been around the game long enough to provide stuff. People may not like the way he brings it, but I've heard him discuss finer points of the game too.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Nate does that. A former OL who knows the game, knows offenses and defenses.

Must be the times I haven't been listening. When I listen, it's pretty much strictly "I tell people all the time [insert opinion here]."

Mickey has been around the game long enough to provide stuff.

True, and so do Eatman and Eagleton... but none of those are necessarily any more credible than one of us.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Must be the times I haven't been listening. When I listen, it's pretty much strictly "I tell people all the time [insert opinion here]."

True, and so do Eatman and Eagleton... but none of those are necessarily any more credible than one of us.

Mickey, has been covering the team since the 1980s. Don't know how more credible you need to be. But that's just me..