Who would you prefer in the draft

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1370399 said:
1st off, Blalock is going to be strictly a OG in the pros, he's not mobile enough to anchor outside, and 2nd, please, no Olinemen in the 1st, PLEASE!! we sign Kris Dielman and our Oline problems are solved IMO

Blalock played a lot of tackle at Texas because he does have good movement. I would agree about not taking a OL in the 1st if we were talking a top 10 pick but at 22 to grab a top O-lineman would not be a bad thing for this team

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1370409 said:
Blalock played a lot of tackle at Texas because he does have good movement. I would agree about not taking a OL in the 1st if we were talking a top 10 pick but at 22 to grab a top O-lineman would not be a bad thing for this team

he wasn't looking that quick in Senior Bowl practices, plus his height is that of a OG, his best bet would be to stick at OG

the only Olineman in this draft, which has been judged pretty weak as a class for Olinemen all-around, that impresses me, is Joe Thomas, that's why I dont' want to spend a premium 1st on a Olineman

Woods

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1370409 said:

Didn't the Eagles draft S. Andrews around 22 as well a couple years ago? He's turning out to be a dominant OL.

But I'd rather pick up a veteran OG in FA if we could.

In the draft and in the 1st, I'd look to draft a pressure player to complement Ware, or a CB/S, or WR (in that order, preferably).

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1370416 said:
he wasn't looking that quick in Senior Bowl practices, plus his height is that of a OG, his best bet would be to stick at OG

the only Olineman in this draft, which has been judged pretty weak as a class for Olinemen all-around, that impresses me, is Joe Thomas, that's why I dont' want to spend a premium 1st on a Olineman

Well we disagree. As for what he did at the Senior Bowl that is but 1 game out of 4 years of play at Texas. As for taking a OL in rd 1 as I said I would not do it with a top 10 or heck even a top 15 pick but once you get up in higher in the draft grabbing a top OL is not a bad ideal especially for a team that has some clear cut problems along the line. Putting Romo at QB made it less of an issue but it did not correct the problems that exist.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Woods;1370431 said:
Didn't the Eagles draft S. Andrews around 22 as well a couple years ago? He's turning out to be a dominant OL.

But I'd rather pick up a veteran OG in FA if we could.

In the draft and in the 1st, I'd look to draft a pressure player to complement Ware, or a CB/S, or WR (in that order, preferably).

If we were talking top 10 or top 15 yes I would look for the top skill players not the 2nd or 4th best but at 22 your in an area of the draft where the top OL still are on the board.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1370441 said:
If we were talking top 10 or top 15 yes I would look for the top skill players not the 2nd or 4th best but at 22 your in an area of the draft where the top OL still are on the board.

what top OL are you talking about? there's 1, maybe 2, top prospects at OL in this draft, Joe Thomas and maybe Levi Brown, Justin Blalock is not a top olineman

Woods

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1370447 said:
what top OL are you talking about? there's 1, maybe 2, top prospects at OL in this draft, Joe Thomas and maybe Levi Brown, Justin Blalock is not a top olineman

Not to get too off topic, but what's your opinion on Spencer of Purdue vs. Moses at OLB/DE in the 34? Can both guys play it?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1370447 said:

In your opinion sorry if I don't find your scouting report to be great. I think Blalock is a good prospect if you don't fine but this notion of not taking a lineman in the 1st rd of a draft is idiotic. This team OL play has been bad for a while now and we have yet to do any real upgrading of it and until we do our running game will continue to struggle against top defensive teams and Romo will continue to be flushed from the pocket trying to make plays on the run. I don't think any team can win consistently when your offense plays like that.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1370451 said:
Not to get too off topic, but what's your opinion on Spencer of Purdue vs. Moses at OLB/DE in the 34? Can both guys play it?

they both could IMO, esp. Spencer, he looked smooth and fluid in LBs drills during the Senior Bowl practices

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
no OL...give me BPA...personally ide love to draft reggie nelson or the best DT available..any1 wanna bet me a extra cheese pizza we trade down?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1370454 said:
In your opinion sorry if I don't find your scouting report to be great. I think Blalock is a good prospect if you don't fine but this notion of not taking a lineman in the 1st rd of a draft is idiotic. This team OL play has been bad for a while now and we have yet to do any real upgrading of it and until we do our running game will continue to struggle against top defensive teams and Romo will continue to be flushed from the pocket trying to make plays on the run. I don't think any team can win consistently when your offense plays like that.

Kris Dielman >>>>Justin Blalock

Woods

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1370460 said:
they both could IMO, esp. Spencer, he looked smooth and fluid in LBs drills during the Senior Bowl practices

Personally, I hope we get an OG and CB/FS in FA, and we take one more pressure player high in the draft.

I think Wade should be able to get the best out of him and pair him up with Ware.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;1370469 said:
Personally, I hope we get an OG and CB/FS in FA, and we take one more pressure player high in the draft.

I think Wade should be able to get the best out of him and pair him up with Ware.

:hammer: I agree all the way around

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1370466 said:
Kris Dielman >>>>Justin Blalock

If Dallas goes the FA then fine but that will cost a lot more and in the end I don't think Dielman has a bigger upside than Blalock.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1370483 said:
If Dallas goes the FA then fine but that will cost a lot more and in the end I don't think Dielman has a bigger upside than Blalock.

26, already proven successful, yep, his upside isn't very good :rolleyes:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1370486 said:

As I said we just disagree. I don't think building a line through FA is the way to go

StanleySpadowski

Reaction score
Woods;1370451 said:

Spencer has the best first step in this year's draft. There were several Purdue games where it appeared he was offsides multiple times because he was that much quicker than anyone else on the field. He's going to be a terrific situational rusher but I'm not sure he has the overall athletic ability to be successful with the other responsibilities of an OLB. He doesn't seem that aware and is easily fooled by misdirection. In the end I think he'd be much more successful as a DE in the nickel especially when he develops anything to go with his speed rush.

Moses is a much better athlete but seems to lack a little explosiveness. He also has a much larger repetoire of moves and he seems to have the instincts and ability to play in space to play OLB at the next level.

MONT17

Reaction score
THUMPER;1369771 said:
I've seen a few mock drafts with us taking an OL in round-1 (which I like!) but there is a difference of opinion on which one we would take and since I don't watch a lot of college football I thought I would ask the other posters what they think.

OT Levi Brown, Penn State. 6'5" 328 lbs

OT/OG Justin Blalock, Texas, 6'4" 329 lbs

Brown seems to be rated higher and figures to play LT in the NFL but Blalock is regarded as the more versatile and athletic of the two and can play either RT or OG.

My initial thinking was Blalock since we desperately need a replacement for Rivera at RG but I thought I'd open it up for comments.

Thanks to BP this OL needs major upgrades... I wouldnt be shocked if all of these guys are gone in 07!!!

neosapien23

Reaction score
summerisfunner;1370486 said:

Dielman will not be a Cowboy. No way in hell do the Chargers let a young proven Olineman leave. If they do they are ********. If the Cowboys do get Dielman then reciever is definitely the way to go.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
I've never been a fan of offensive linemen in the first round. There are maybe 5-10 linemen in the whole league who make a big enough impact to have been worthy of a first round pick.