Who would you try and re-sign now to get a bargain?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Cooper Rush. If they keep neglecting the backup QB, pretty soon it’ll be Dak and Dinucci

visionary

Reaction score
I would look at Schultz today
I would explore Wilson to
I’m not ready to look at Gregory

Gallup and Wilson will walk
I’ll take those 2 comp picks and take a WR with one

I’d try to trade Gallup at the trade deadline to a needy team if I can get their 2

conner01

Reaction score

I’d try to trade Gallup at the trade deadline to a needy team if I can get their 2
I would consider trading him for a 2 myself
I’d try to extend Wilson but at something reasonable
I don’t like having holes I have to fill in the draft
I had some expectations from some of the WR we brought in this year but none really impressed in camp but hopefully they can develop

conner01

Reaction score
For me:
Schultz. I think Dak favors him and so does the staff. Master of nothing, but is good or above average in every aspect.
Neal or LVE. Give a honest offer to both, which ever one takes an extension cool. Need LB depth, and IMO the team parts ways with Smith or reduces his cap hit.
Ced Wilson. See if he wants some guaranteed money now or see if he wants to play up his value some more. However, once Gallup comes back his usage may drop.
Knight is a RFA, so tag. Future depth at G/T for cheap is a re-sign
Gifford is a RFA, so tag
I think it comes down more to who you can extend at a reasonable contract than who you’d like to extend
I think you could sign Wilson fairly reasonably
I think you could sign Schultz for fairly close to what jarwin got
If so I sign them
The one year guys bet on themselves and some will get better offers than we can pay for sure

visionary

Reaction score
I would consider trading him for a 2 myself
I’d try to extend Wilson but at something reasonable
I don’t like having holes I have to fill in the draft
I had some expectations from some of the WR we brought in this year but none really impressed in camp but hopefully they can develop

IMO both will get paid more than we can afford for a #3 WR. Gallup will start somewhere and Wilson can be a 2

I think neither will be on the team next year because they will price themselves out for us

conner01

Reaction score

I love comp picks but they come a year later
Someone is gonna need to be your 3 and 4 next year
I’d try to extend Wilson
I don’t think good WR’s will get huge offers because in the last few years every draft have been deep at WR which weakens the market
I don’t think Gallup gets a huge offer but probably more than we would want to pay

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think it comes down more to who you can extend at a reasonable contract than who you’d like to extend
I think you could sign Wilson fairly reasonably
I think you could sign Schultz for fairly close to what jarwin got
If so I sign them
The one year guys bet on themselves and some will get better offers than we can pay for sure

I don’t think there’s even the slightest chance that Schultz would pass up free agency to take the deal Jarwin got. Not a prayer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
IMO both will get paid more than we can afford for a #3 WR. Gallup will start somewhere and Wilson can be a 2

I think neither will be on the team next year because they will price themselves out for us

I see a whole bunch of players priced out for us next year. It’s gonna be rough.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
thats why we gotta win the SB this year, brother

I don’t think we’ll have an opportunity like this, with as much player and coach talent, for some time.

It does feel like now or never. Or at least taking a step or two back next year and worrying about getting back to where we are now.

conner01

Reaction score
I don’t think there’s even the slightest chance that Schultz would pass up free agency to take the deal Jarwin got. Not a prayer.
Jarwin avg 5.5 a year with 6 mil guaranteed
I think Schultz would look seriously at something close to 6 per year and a little more guaranteed

conner01

Reaction score

That’s possible
But there are a lot of WR set to be FA after this season
Some won’t hit the market but the last few drafts have been really deep at WR
We shall see but I’d being talking to Shultz and Wilson right now and just see what their thinking is

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jarwin avg 5.5 a year with 6 mil guaranteed
I think Schultz would look seriously at something close to 6 per year and a little more guaranteed

I’ve looked at comps for Schultz’s 2020 season. And the closest was Hunter Henry. Their stats for last year were virtually identical.

Even with his injury history, Henry signed a deal averaging $12.5 million a year. Jarwin never had a season like that prior to signing his deal.

If Schultz stays on the course he’s set, he’ll far exceed last year’s numbers, which means he will far exceed Jarwin’s price tag.

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
Kearse is playing very well. It only took 100 tries but they finally hit on a bargain basement safety. See, we don't need to draft one high, just do short-term deals with scrap heap guys for 15 years and you'll finally hit on one.

conner01

Reaction score
I’ve looked at comps for Schultz’s 2020 season. And the closest was Hunter Henry. Their stats for last year were virtually identical.

Even with his injury history, Henry signed a deal averaging $12.5 million a year. Jarwin never had a season like that prior to signing his deal.

If Schultz stays on the course he’s set, he’ll far exceed last year’s numbers, which means he will far exceed Jarwin’s price tag.
I wouldn’t pay him 12
But we will see if anyone offers him that

visionary

Reaction score

this is why he’s the one I’d like to sign now and because he’s done it last year so he’s consistent

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
this is why he’s the one I’d like to sign now and because he’s done it last year so he’s consistent

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to re-sign the guy. We finally have another quality TE. But between his play heading into free agency and our lousy cap position, we can’t afford him.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Who knows. But save some serious cash & trade Elliott!

Verdict

Reaction score
Out of those guys, my #1 priority would be Schultz. He does everything well. He's a great safety blanket and still only 25.

I love Gallup and Wilson is a good player, but we've invested so much at the WR position already. 2 1st round picks in the past 4 years.

Hooker, LVE, Kazee, and Kearse are no brainers to me. Re-sign them. None should break the bank.
Yeah, I agree with all of the above.