Who's going to start at DE?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Not likely. Most people's states of mind is a reflection of those around him/her. While there is a lot of negativity on this board, his is more than most. (otherwise I wouldn't have pointed that out) That means his comes from somewhere else. Most likely outside of CBZ. His state of mind just bleeds over on to this board.

Myself this is a forum and it's entertainment. I say negative stuff and positive stuff here. But I am a very upbeat and happy person in life.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Myself this is a forum and it's entertainment. I say negative stuff and positive stuff here. But I am a very upbeat and happy person in life.

Of course. So do I. There are negative things that happen that you may want to address. My only point was, pretty much everything he says is negative which means he most likely leads a very negative lifestyle. My point in pointing that out is just like pointing out that someone's diet is terrible. If you continue to do something that has a negative impact on your life, (like a really poor diet) at some point it's going to bite you.

My post wasn't to attack him as much as it was to open his eyes. Happiness very important to one's health. I'm a firm believer in dispatching any negativity from your life if possible. Which is a HUGE reason I used to spend all of my time in the Off-Topic forum rather than the Fan Zone.

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
Nmendiche in the 2nd. Is my guess. Jerry loves a challenge. Wentz in the First.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Right now, we have no one on the roster until week 5 that is a true starting DE candidate. And Chris Long is in NE and unlikely to sign. Are we putting all our eggs in the Bosa basket (a mistake even if he's available)? I truly dont understand our strategy, unless there is a handshake deal with Hardy in place (for the vet minimum with incentives if he does not get another offer).

Bosa or Buckner. I like Bosa. Hi energy guys with his talent always seem to do well. I don't get the angst people here gave with him.

superonyx

Reaction score
It doesn't seem to matter much who will start at DE.....
Even with Hardy we could barely ever generate a pass rush anyway. No name anyone could give would cure our lack of pass rush.
Its negative in a way I guess.....or maybe I have just accepted that we will need to start doing what other teams do and scheme to get pressure on the QB. I am not excited about lining anyone up at DE and pinning my hopes on them winning the one on one battles consistently to generate a pass rush.

superonyx

Reaction score
Bosa or Buckner. I like Bosa. Hi energy guys with his talent always seem to do well. I don't get the angst people here gave with him.

I can't speak for everyone but when I watch Bosa's college game footage I just don't see a guy who is going to beat many NFL level tackles. He doesn't look very fast or strong. Nothing stands out watching him in college. I don't see a crazy fast first step or anything to get excited over. It would have been nice if he produced a few more sacks in college.

What I see is a well built guy that looks enough like JJ Watt for people to hope he can one day be half as good as Watt.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Not likely. Most people's states of mind is a reflection of those around him/her. While there is a lot of negativity on this board, his is more than most. (otherwise I wouldn't have pointed that out) That means his comes from somewhere else. Most likely outside of CBZ. His state of mind just bleeds over on to this board.

Did you start reading Eckhart Tolle or something?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone but when I watch Bosa's college game footage I just don't see a guy who is going to beat many NFL level tackles. He doesn't look very fast or strong. Nothing stands out watching him in college. I don't see a crazy fast first step or anything to get excited over. It would have been nice if he produced a few more sacks in college.

What I see is a well built guy that looks enough like JJ Watt for people to hope he can one day be half as good as Watt.

Not going to get into evaluation because it's been beaten to death in the draft zone, but Bosa has very impressive sack and TFL numbers in college. It's one thing to not see him projecting to the NFL, but you really can't argue with his collegiate production.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Bring back Hardy, draft Karl Joseph. That gives us a solid starting D and eliminates our two biggest weaknesses over the years: 1-tech (with the Thornton signing) and SS. It'll give us a year to evaluate Gregory before doing anything drastic. We'd have to figure out the Brandon Carr situation or sign another veteran CB. And we could use some depth on the D-line but I imagine they view Irving and J. Crawford as quality DT and DE depth.

Gaede

Reaction score
I think it will be Buckner. They're going to draft him with the intention of starting him at DE, and kicking inside to DT frequently

Kaiser

Reaction score
My guess opening day is David Irving and Lawrence.

Agree, but I think that is the worst case scenario. We have a lot of FA dollars and draft picks, there is plenty of time to fill the position.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
They should bite the bullet and go ahead and draft a DE in the first or second. Sure that guy may not get huge sack numbers in year one, but Dallas will be in this same boat again next season if they do not address the position.

If Randy Gregory didn't love weed more than football and Greg Hardy didn't completely poop the bed when he was given a second chance in the league then this may be a different story, but here we are.