Why are Dallas fans giving Jerry Jones a pass

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
There is no point, Jerry owns the team, only way is he fires himself and that is not happening. Least we can complain and ask for change on JG.

So he'll hire another puppet to control, and we'll keep chasing our own tails and blame the next puppet.

In the meantime, Jerry is like...

37b9552cfa0099864c336a9b4db05d0d.jpg

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
No one gives him a pass. There's just nothing we can do about Jerry unless someone here is a grim reaper.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No way Jerry knows what he's doing any better than Stephen does!
Together, they simply comprise a team that's destined to fail.:omg:

Everyone knows they'll stay put. The coaches are yet another story.

Last edited:

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Why is Garrett still in Dallas? Because of this idiot
th
I'm so sick and tired of fans giving Jerry Jones a pass. He built a good team yet in his stubbornness gives us coaches that shouldn't even be coaching as head coaches. Then he fills the rest of the team with inexperience coaches. Hires former players to coach that in no way should be doing it. So blame Dak --blame Garrett but the biggest problem in DALLAS is JERRY GMLESS JONES! Jerry also is the one who trains the team in nice California versus hot Texas. All to make more money. That was the first thing Jimmy cut out when he was head coach. Jerry is the one who ordered the inside training facilities to be built. Softening the team even more. They knew it was gonna be cold and rainy in NE. We practice inside. WTH kind of decision is that? The players also know that if you're a Jerry boy. You're pretty much guaranteed a roster spot no matter how bad you suck!

Jones is on TV after every loss complaining about coaching like we fans do. But unlike us. He can do something about it! Make me owner last night? Garrett would be gone today. Yet Jerry acts like he's a powerless fan. Only thing I can do is complain. I'm in no power to fire Garrett or make changes. So blame Dak! Blame Garrett! Garrett would still suck anyway to be honest. And yea. I know Jerry's not going any where but neither are we!! Again. We fan want to start ranting??? It should start at the top! JONES!
You been living under a rock?

erod

Reaction score
th
I'm so sick and tired of fans giving Jerry Jones a pass. He built a good team yet in his stubbornness gives us coaches that shouldn't even be coaching as head coaches. Then he fills the rest of the team with inexperience coaches. Hires former players to coach that in no way should be doing it. So blame Dak --blame Garrett but the biggest problem in DALLAS is JERRY GMLESS JONES! Jerry also is the one who trains the team in nice California versus hot Texas. All to make more money. That was the first thing Jimmy cut out when he was head coach. Jerry is the one who ordered the inside training facilities to be built. Softening the team even more. They knew it was gonna be cold and rainy in NE. We practice inside. WTH kind of decision is that? The players also know that if you're a Jerry boy. You're pretty much guaranteed a roster spot no matter how bad you suck!

Jones is on TV after every loss complaining about coaching like we fans do. But unlike us. He can do something about it! Make me owner last night? Garrett would be gone today. Yet Jerry acts like he's a powerless fan. Only thing I can do is complain. I'm in no power to fire Garrett or make changes. So blame Dak! Blame Garrett! Garrett would still suck anyway to be honest. And yea. I know Jerry's not going any where but neither are we!! Again. We fan want to start ranting??? It should start at the top! JONES!
Are you new here?

dragon_mikal

Fire Garrett
Reaction score
th

No one is giving Jerry Jones a pass.

He just isn’t going anywhere and most fans know it.

CB61

Reaction score
AMEN - Believe Jerry the biggest problem with the Cowboys
That's why I've always said and this is probably at least the 100th time I've said this this year there needs to be a whole new culture change in Dallas and that needs to start with Jerry and overall I probably set it 250 times or more The Last 5 Years it's just not getting rid of Jason Garrett it has to be a had to be a whole new aura about the Cowboys someone posted earlier about practicing inside going to California and being soft eliminating that would be a start toughen these boys up a little bit I mean we're getting beat sometimes by no-name players? Is it there are better repaired or in better shape or both? Doesn't matter , I say it still starts with the culture change at the top! And of course Jason Garrett and probably 99.9% of the coaching staff have to go

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
th

He doesn't get a pass.........but he does own the team isn't going anywhere anytime soon so that's just something we have to accept.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry gets a pass because there is literally nothing you can do with him since he runs everything.

It is pointless to even bring him up. Fans are actually content with Jerry because of this.

We are drawn dead
It’s why we have a hopeless situation.

We are a talent dependent franchise. Have been basically since Jimmy left except for a brief time with Bill.

We will go as far as our talent will take us.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He doesn't get a pass.........but he does own the team isn't going anywhere anytime soon so that's just something we have to accept.
Yep

We must accept it. Jerry’s ways has lowered the bar.

Adjust your expectations Cowboy fans. I waved my white flag years ago.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Dear me.
Whatever happened to the Rant Zone, dear web masters?

I too, rail about Jones. But, Mr. Ice, cowboy fans, in their fury, ignore that
1. Jerry invested ?? $400 million and is now worth $5 billion?
2. Dumb GM got us the new triplets.
3. Jerry built us a great, if relaxed, O line.
4. Jerry's heart breaks just like yours when we lose.
5. Jerry's daily mission is righting the Cowboys ship. Yours? Transporting acetylene or boxing hams?

Had any of you French Revolution types thought, If Jerry has failed, then what am I?

Big_D

Reaction score
I'll never give Jerry a pass, the guy sucks!! But unfortunately he isn't going anywhere! So you have to change what can be changed. Coaching is garbage and the owner needs to make it a priority.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
2. Dumb GM got us the new triplets.
He inherited Michael Irvin and the #1 overall pick which was clearly going to be Aikman.

Not really accurate there Sir.

Jerry's heart breaks just like yours when we lose.
Difference he has complete control to do something about it.

Imagine being the total authority about something, it going wrong, and pretending to be heartbroken while you do nothing to fix it.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one gives him a pass. There's just nothing we can do about Jerry unless someone here is a grim reaper.
Well the other action needed would be totally walking away cumulatively. unfortunately we all are continuing to provide a stamp of approval however indirect it might be.

But Jerry has us. We are addicted to the product he owns.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
He inherited Michael Irvin and the #1 overall

pick which was clearly going to be Aikman.

Imagine being the total authority about something, it going wrong, and pretending to be heartbroken while you do nothing to fix it.
:clap:
Bravo on a well thought out response. So much upon to agree.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
He inherited Michael Irvin and the #1 overall

pick which was clearly going to be Aikman.

It’s much like any addictive passion. You continue pleading to whatever they want to hear so you can continue your consumption.

morat1959

Reaction score
To everyone saying he doesn’t get a pass...why is the stadium always full. Why are fans still buying the merchandise? If you have to go to the games, put a freakin bag over your head with go to hell Jerry written on it.

Rayman70

Reaction score
don't think anyone here is giving him a pass. I think it is what it is..we can only change what we can. Jerry aint going anywhere until he takes his dirt nap.Its a fools errand to beat a dead horse about Jerry..so the next best thing is firing Garrett and getting an upgrade.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Good point guys but you might as well stop complaining about Garrett also. Because he has Jones protection and ain't going no where. Mexican stand off it would appear.

Maybe. Maybe not.

I don't think Stephen is similarly tied to Garrett. Last year he was making clear noise about "we need to be able to take the next step". Stephen is the guy not named Jerry who isn't going anywhere. And Jerry knows that Stephen wants Garrett gone, he knows his dream of Garrett as the Tom Landry That Jerry Made is over too.

A host of former Cowboy players have come out to publicly criticize Garrett. Romo and Aikman on air.

I've been surprised at how the dam has burst this year, with everyone everywhere saying Garrett is holding the team back.

Jerry and Garrett against the world, Thelma and Louise style off a cliff?

Maybe. Maybe not.

It's up to Jerry. With the universal condemnation of Garrett, and Stephen wanting him out, Garrett no longer serves Jerry's dream of leaving the Cowboys with the New Tom Landry.

Worse, having blown the Romo and Ware Window, we're on the verge of blowing the window that counts the most to Jerry: The Jerry Window.

Will Jerry dump his dreams of a post Jimmy SB just to protect Garrett? With a team that he clearly thinks has the personnel to make a run?

Maybe not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To everyone saying he doesn’t get a pass...why is the stadium always full. Why are fans still buying the merchandise? If you have to go to the games, put a freakin bag over your head with go to hell Jerry written on it.
If you haven’t noticed many of the local fans have walked away. At some games 30-40% are opposing fans. And much of the season ticket holders are brokering their tickets out and or are corporate entertaining clients.

Jerry’s contributions he was recently inducted for has circumvented being held directly accountable. It’s mostly supported by corporate sponsors , businesses and opposing fans. Between the stadium and tv Revenue he’s unflappable now.

It’s not like back in the 80’s when we could just not buy tickets and there’d only be 40-50,000 at the game forcing local TV blackouts and eventually the team losing millions a month forcing an ownership change.

Last edited: