Why are our fans so scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobSacamano

Reaction score
I asked the same question in several other threads. Why are some afraid? It really has nothing to do with the past 30 years, or the past 2 years in the playoffs.
But yet they keep throwing that out there. It is like an old sour jokes or stories or topics you hear from the same person(s) over and over.
Get some new material. Past results have nothing to do with future performances.

And I know one of those guys. since 1998 I hear 1 or 2 times a week. Same old crap. Oh how many times have I heard Earl Campbell is the greatest RB ever, college and NFL.
One of the better ones, yes, but so many better ones as well. How many times I hear who is favorite bartender was.

New year, different teams as both teams have a turnover of about 1/3 of the team. Though mostly depth.
SF top team in the NFL, maybe, but they are not unbeatable.
I used to be like a lot of guys on this board, spending way too much time on here arguing for and against the Cowboys, I even got perma -banned at one point. But then I stepped back and chose to focus on other things such as marriage and advancing through my career. Now paying attention to the Cowboys is truly a past time. It helps when I can throw the fact that the Commanders are a mediocrity in all my bro-in-law’s faces lol

What really helped was Jason Garrett riding off into the sunset.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
Yep, there have been some good seasons in there like last season. The poor 49ers haven't won a Super Bowl in 28 years.
I’m not sure why, but many fans lose sight of the fact that the NFL is nothing more than an entertainment vehicle. Nobody wants a Lombardi more than me, but the fact that we haven’t won one in a long stretch doesn’t mean that I haven’t been very entertained.

Last year, 2 teams played 1 more game than us and 2 teams got 2 extra games. Of course I was disappointed that we didn’t advance. So were 27 other fan bases. If we get to the playoffs this year, we’ll have seriously earned it.

We’re currently projected to win 9.7 games this year. I’ve said I think we’ll win 12 again, but 11 should get us in the playoffs. We only play one at a time, and Sunday is a huge game. Beating the 40’ers would go a long way in removing that monkey and could set up the mentality needed for a nice run of wins.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I don't think fans are scared as much as they are frustrated.

The Cowboys have played games like this in the past and they won some and lost some.

The wins did not guarantee season successes and the losses did not guarantee season failures.

If the Cowboys beat the 49ers Sunday and then lose to them in the playoffs, did this game really matter beyond helping the Cowboys make the playoffs like every other (NFC) game they won?

If the Cowboys lose to the 49ers Sunday but beat the 49ers in the playoffs (meaning the Cowboys make the playoffs), did this game really matter beyond hurting the Cowboys post-season seeding?

The only way this game really matters is if the Cowboys lose the game and it prevents them from making the playoffs or it costs them the division or #1 seed in the playoffs.

As a Cowboys fan I want them to win every game of course and NFC opponent games are the second most important games they need to win after division games.

That said, if the Cowboys beat the 49ers Sunday it means little really beyond an NFC win for the Cowboys and an NFC loss for the 49ers, both of which may help with playoff seeding later assuming those teams make it to the playoffs.
Well said my friend:thumbup:

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
I root like crazy every game, every season. If you don't , doesn't matter. The way you support or don't really does not matter to me.

I'm excited about my BOYS every game , every season, again if you don't , so what, I really don't think about you, except your kinda weak to me.

I mean how does the past 30 years affect tomorrow ? Anywho have at it, to each his/her own

Let's go Cowboys !!!!!!

rambo2

Reaction score
I root like crazy every game, every season. If you don't , doesn't matter. The way you support or don't really does not matter to me.

I'm excited about my BOYS every game , every season, again if you don't , so what, I really don't think about you, except your kinda weak to me.

I mean how does the past 30 years affect tomorrow ? Anywho have at it, to each his/her own

Let's go Cowboys !!!!!!
It's a great time to be a Cowboys fan. Enjoy the ride!

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sometimes this team gives me a UTI, other times the runs.
When they are firing on all cylinders of suckitude, I get both at the same time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy the ride.
Okay... l let's sit around enjoy the happiness...Great fun!

kevm3

Reaction score
Not scared. Sensible. We build weak, finesse teams that crumble against the slightest sense of physicality. The Eagles will give us a beating this year and I wouldn't be surprised if the Commanders do as well.

JonesBoys

Reaction score
To the fans that didn’t buy the cheese after beating up on bad teams and QB’s I tip my hat to you. I bought the cheese, but I will buy it no more.

Status
Not open for further replies.