Why are our fans so scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
25 years of mediocrity does that to you. Only the fools keep beleiving
Are we really fools? The failures stretch so far back they encompass the last five years of Troy AIkman's career. What does that have to do with the 2023 Cowboys? For that matter what does the failures of any past Cowboys teams have to do with right now?

If we delete 2020 which was a mess for a variety of reasons, this is really Mike McCarthy's third try. Dallas is 27-11 in the regular season since 2021 under MM. Let's see if this is the year they can advance farther.

Flamma

Reaction score
Oh, my bosses all know exactly why I'm using my vacation days.

Of course, if I was using sick days, it might be a different story. Lol
The only vacation time I have left after the summer is Thanksgiving week. I really should save a week. Between vacation, sick time, and personal days, I get 9 weeks. But I really don't like going to work between the months of May and September. I'm out of everything except my week in November that I take every year. So I have to call out sick. And I'm not getting paid for it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The only vacation time I have left after the summer is Thanksgiving week. I really should save a week. Between vacation, sick time, and personal days, I get 9 weeks. But I really don't like going to work between the months of May and September. I'm out of everything except my week in November that I take every year. So I have to call out sick. And I'm not getting paid for it.
May - September, I'm guessing are the busiest travel months, a long with the heat and fumes?

Flamma

Reaction score
May - September, I'm guessing are the busiest travel months, a long with the heat and fumes?
I just like having half the summer off. Even though it is busier in the summer, I work a midnight shift at an already slow exit. If my job was a private business, they wouldn't have a midnight shift as more often than not, the collector makes more than he brings in for the night. However, the first 2 hours can be annoying if you're trying to watch a game. It never fails. It could be 3rd and 8, and right at the snap I have a car in my lane.

Dakota

Reaction score
Some fans may be scared but the players aren't. They can't wait for their chance to crush the 49ers. It's going to be ugly. Purdy may fake an injury just to avoid the beating.

rambo2

Reaction score
With our redzone issues this season, there’s no assurances we would’ve punched it in. We’ve had first downs inside the 5 yard line and ended up having to settle for three. Even had we scored a TD we still needed another one. We completely sucked against the Cardinals. However, the 49ers had no trouble taking care of them. Everyone who’s played the Cardinals have beaten them but the Cowboys.
Lol, more than a 90% chance they run it in from 1 yardline and a good shot that they get the ball back with a chance to win.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol, more than a 90% chance they run it in from 1 yardline and a good shot that they get the ball back with a chance to win.
With our redzone woes this season a 90% chance is way too high. The Cowboys had something like 12 penalties in that game. Good chance they would’ve had a penalty down there and been stuck outside the 5 yard line. Lol The Cowboys never even held the lead in that game.

rambo2

Reaction score
With our redzone woes this season a 90% chance is way too high. The Cowboys had something like 12 penalties in that game. Good chance they would’ve had a penalty down there and been stuck outside the 5 yard line. Lol The Cowboys never even held the lead in that game.
Are you saying that this Cowboy team actually has a problem in the redzone going forward? Are you saying that they actually aren't good and won't be a top scoring team? You actually believe that?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Are you saying that this Cowboy team actually has a problem in the redzone going forward? Are you saying that they actually aren't good and won't be a top scoring team? You actually believe that?
I’m saying after four games they’ve had a huge problem in the redzone. Would you not agree? Only time will tell if it remains a problem going forward. If it does, we’re screwed with San Francisco, Philadelphia twice, Buffalo and Miami coming up. Nowhere have I said or insinuated the Cowboys aren’t a good team. Some of their point production has been due to defensive/special teams scores. Takeaways have attributed to points and short fields.

rambo2

Reaction score
I’m saying after four games they’ve had a huge problem in the redzone. Would you not agree? Only time will tell if it remains a problem going forward. If it does, we’re screwed with San Francisco, Philadelphia twice, Buffalo and Miami coming up. Nowhere have I said or insinuated the Cowboys aren’t a good team. Some of their point production has been due to defensive/special teams scores.
Nope, I do not agree and it isn't a real problem. There is no doubt whatsoever that this is one of the best teams in the NFC period and has an excellent shot to knock off the 49ers and get the number 1 spot in the NFC.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

IslandCowboy

Reaction score
When's the last time we've been given a reason not to doubt this team? We have a literal lifetime (for some of us) of being disappointed by this franchise. When they show us something that indicates they're different than the Cowboys teams of the last 25 years that will change, but currently it's the same old.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Ready-Set.....Bring it. Sick of ESPN and other idiotic sport shows saying how much Dallas has to worry about facing the Niners. I guess we might as well stay home and watch them play air.... :facepalm:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Lol stay tuned.
The redzone has been a problem whether it continues remains to be seen. I’m sure you’re going to have fun twisting my comments and flat out lying about what I’ve posted as the season progresses. I’m bookmarking some of these threads so beware. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.