Why are our fans so scared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, you completely missed my point. Ware's criticisms when HERE IN DALLAS were absolutely warranted. Just because he went to Denver to win has nothing to do what he did here. He was at fault for his lack of presence and big plays being made when he played here.

Never said it was all his fault for Dallas' troubles on defense in the playoffs. But yes, he was a big part of it.
You completely missed my point. The criticisms of Ware here in Dallas were a perfect example of idiot fans blaming the best players when the team doesn't do well. As you yourself said, he won when the players around him were better. Clearly, you were acknowledging that the players around him in Dallas weren't as good. And yet you claim he was a "big part" of Dallas's defensive troubles.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Your sons are very smart. When I was 10-12 I thought the Cowboys would win the SB every year. I guess I was a homer then. I miss those days.
We all thought that back in our glory era because we had been there.

It’s the same way any fan would feel once they had been there.

rambo2

Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy the ride.
I'm not scared. I'm totally pumped up. The best Cowboys team in decades. This is awesome.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I have never seen a fan base of another team. Bash their own players to no end. And this isnt about the QB. I have seen in the threads for the upcoming game people bashing Micah.

Do you have any idea what 31 other teams would do for a Micah Parsons on their team? This is why we are called the worst fan base in sports. We dont appreciate what we have. Ever. Even when Ware was here the same people that were saying "He doesnt show up in the playoffs" are the same people who were complaining that Jerry cut him and he won with Denver.

I understand being a little worried about Sunday. However. Just as our fans like to say the Cowboys havent played anyone. Neither has San Fran. This is really the first test for BOTH teams.

Sit back, crack a cold one and enjoy the ride.
I’m sure the Jets and Giants fans bash their teams even more than our fans bash the Cowboys. The main reason our fans get so frustrated with the Cowboys is they never meet the expectations most have for them. Practically every season they have one of the most talented rosters, but continue to underachieve and play down to their opponents. They get everyone believing they have a great team early in the season, only to not show up against a big underdog and get embarrassed. The following week they’re pissed off and annihilate their next opponent. Nothing ever really changes with the team, it ends up being the same old Cowboys year after year that continue to struggle getting over the hump.

It’s caused extreme frustration throughout the fan base. The problem with the fans is many buy into the team too early in the season. I saw a lot of fans that were screaming “Super Bowl here we come” after the Cowboys first two blowout wins. The loss to a two TD underdog Cardinals team caused many fans to go over the deep end and give up on the team. They got pulled in by the team after the first two weeks and got burned once again. You can’t get overly excited about some of the wins and you can’t get too down about some of the losses, when there’s still a lot of the season yet to be played.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
The thing is, I hate participation trophies as well, I make my son throw those away.
Someone put him in a league with participation trophies.

1 of 2 things is true.
Either he earned a participation trophy for being in a local rec league or taking on a new sport or he was too good for said league and should have been in a select league where kids are beyond participation trophies.

Parents are the issue; not the trophies.
The key is development; not winning and you don't develop if you don't participate.

Parents are human trash cans that can't raise well-adjusted kids because they themselves are not well-adjusted.
Parents with this attitude stop coming to games once the team loses 1/2 games then the kid stops coming too.
But at least they don't have to worry about the year-end participation trophy.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” - Yoda

Regret. Sadness. Jealousy. These are just a few dark emotions some fans have been stewing in during the last three decades. It is safe saying fear has long since been in their rearview mirror for some time.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I’m sure the Jets and Giants fans bash their teams even more than our fans bash the Cowboys. The main reason our fans get so frustrated with the Cowboys is they never meet the expectations most have for them. Practically every season they have one of the most talented rosters, but continue to underachieve and play down to their opponents. They get everyone believing they have a great team early in the season, only to not show up against a big underdog and get embarrassed. The following week they’re pissed off and annihilate their next opponent. Nothing ever really changes with the team, it ends up being the same old Cowboys year after year that continue to struggle getting over the hump.

It’s caused extreme frustration throughout the fan base. The problem with the fans is many buy into the team too early in the season. I saw a lot of fans that were screaming “Super Bowl here we come” after the Cowboys first two blowout wins. The loss to a two TD underdog Cardinals team caused many fans to go over the deep end and give up on the team. They got pulled in by the team after the first two weeks and got burned once again. You can’t get overly excited about some of the wins and you can’t get too down about some of the losses, when there’s still a lot of the season yet to be played.
Unfortunately, this is not at all true.

Dallas has generally performed to the level of the healthy talent on the team.
They have met the Vegas O/U for wins 3 of the last 4 seasons.

Dallas fans cry because they do not exceed realistic expectations and win titles.
Dallas has won 12 games each of the last 2 seasons and is 3-1 currently. 27-11 the last 3 regular seasons is top 4 in the NFL.
The crying is about losing to a more complete SF team in the playoffs the last 2 years.
No one should have expected to play in Tampa last year on Sunday, travel to SF on a Saturday and beat a rested 49ers team.
If you win that it is a big upset.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A number of fans are starting to bash him because he’s very outspoken in social media and was a no-show against Arizona like the rest of the team. He’s worn down during the second half of each of his first two seasons. Plus in three playoff games he only has one sack. He really hasn’t made an impact in the playoffs. Fans want him to shut up and play football. When the team keeps coming up short every season, your best players are going to take the heat.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Can't be scared of you ain't suiting up or put your life savings on the game. It's just a regular season game.

phildadon86

Reaction score
A number of fans are starting to bash him because he’s very outspoken in social media and was a no-show against Arizona like the rest of the team. He’s worn down during the second half of each of his first two seasons. Plus in three playoff games he only has one sack. He really hasn’t made an impact in the playoffs. Fans want him to shut up and play football. When the team keeps coming up short every season, your best players are going to take the heat.
LOL. Thats because fans like that dont realize there is more things on D that happen that dont show up in the stat sheet.

rambo2

Reaction score

Do you not think that this team is different? I sure do.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Do you not think that this team is different? I sure do.
So far this team looks like the previous teams we’ve had. That was proven against Arizona. What’s different about it? We’ve had more blowout wins but it only took three weeks to lay our first egg against the worst team we’ve played. If this team is different we’ll find out in December and January.

rambo2

Reaction score
So far this team looks like the previous teams we’ve had. That was proven against Arizona. What’s different about it?
It's a better team. Pretty much the best team in the NFC.

rambo2

Reaction score
We’ll see if you still believe that at the end of the season.
I will. The only thing that would destroy them is losing a ton of players. The key is beating the 49ers this week. The winner of this game should get the number 1 spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.