Why are some of us scared?

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I'm not scared. This is what they play the regular season for. The playoffs! To determine a champion. Whoever we have to line up against is just the next team we have to beat.

Exactly and personally I felt the 49ers weren't a bad draw for us either.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
My ultimate football outcome is to see the Cowboys win the NFCCG in GB vs. Rodgers. The game next week is just a stepping stone along the way and I couldn't care less who the Cowboys play to get there. All the teams in the NFC Tournament are good and pose unique challenges. Hell, even winning the SB will be somewhat anticlimactic with a Championship Game win in GB. Much like beating the 49ers in that 92' game was for me.

Take them one at at time and keep the faith.

Verdict

Reaction score
I don't understand the concern over playing San Francisco. It doesn't matter how tough or easy the first-round opponent is, if we're going to make it to where we want to make it, we're going to have to beat some tough teams. Did some of you just want an easy draw so we would be a shoo-in to win a playoff game? That's not my target. San Francisco, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, LA, Arizona ... it doesn't matter. Getting to the Super Bowl is the goal. If we lose to the 49ers in the wild card, then it'll be pretty apparent we weren't getting there even if we had faced someone like Philly in the first round because better teams would have been waiting on us.
Some people are afraid to get out of bed in the morning. The Cowboys are, for some, just an extension of their everyday fear of everything.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I wanted the Giants, Lions, Bears and Texans on the road to the SB.
If Egirls this weekend win there’s a scenario we could avoid Packers or Bucs.

And get all 3 playoff games at home. That’s worth rooting for.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Why would anybody be scared? It's a football game. Is your life going to be better or worse if they win or lose? I hope the answer is no. If it is yes then seek help immediately. Enjoy the game! Win or lose enjoy the game... There are fans of teams that have been waiting for the draft for several weeks. Be thankful you are not one of them and enjoy the game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We have gotten our hopes up so many times...
Just to have them crushed.
It makes it hard to be optimistic
Who had their hopes up.

I expect to lose to Bucs or Packers. And there’s no shame in either of those losses.

If we were to upset them it would be the greatest season since our last Super Bowl. But expecting it is silly.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The finality of the playoffs makes fans nervous, especially when your team hasn’t been to the playoffs in three years. It’s a long season and it’s just gotten longer with a 17th game. When you come this far you hate for it to end quick. It’s like building a house of cards once it comes down you have to start over. There’s no bouncing back the next week if you lose. We’re down to do or die.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why would anybody be scared? It's a football game. Is your life going to be better or worse if they win or lose? I hope the answer is no. If it is yes then seek help immediately. Enjoy the game! Win or lose enjoy the game... There are fans of teams that have been waiting for the draft for several weeks. Be thankful you are not one of them and enjoy the game.
Who’s scared. But some fans are effected more so than others. Especially those wagering.

And since when are we afraid to discuss the matchups and scenarios. What’s up with these scared to discuss fans?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For me it’s because they are a more physical team than us and their weakness is pass defense and I don’t trust Dak in these types of games to play at a high level.

CBfaninWV9

Reaction score
Not scared as we have the better team imo. However, the Catch still resonates in my mind and those few years we lost in the NFCCG to the Pelosis. As i said in another sf thread, i want to see these left coasters get gut stomped every game. Scared? No. Thinking of past dissappointments? Yes. Go Cowboys!!

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Who had their hopes up.

I expect to lose to Bucs or Packers. And there’s no shame in either of those losses.

If we were to upset them it would be the greatest season since our last Super Bowl. But expecting it is silly.
Thinking the time we had home field throughout and the Giants game in our house and beat us.
So many disappointments the last 26 years.
You got my drift now my friend?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The finality of the playoffs makes fans nervous, especially when your team hasn’t been to the playoffs in three years. It’s a long season and it’s just gotten longer with a 17th game. When you come this far you hate for it to end quick. It’s like building a house of cards once it comes down you have to start over. There’s no bouncing back the next week if you lose. We’re down to do or die.
Now that makes sense. We have these patsy fans scared to discuss the matchups cause they might get worried. Lol

fivetwos

Reaction score
Bothers me when I'm so late to a thread that anything I could say has already been said.

I need to get that looked at.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Thinking the time we had home field throughout and the Giants game in our house and beat us.
So many disappointments the last 26 years.
You got my drift now my friend?
And why if we win this one. It’s all down hill. We’ll be underdogs at Tampa or Lambeau. No pressure and no downside if you lose.

Ren

Reaction score
I nostalgic as hell for this game, growing up Cowboys 49’ers in the playoffs was the only game that mattered and I’m glad we got them because of it.

But, from a football standpoint it’s not a good match up for us, discussing that isn’t fear, it’s part of the fun

Fizziksman

BanditHiro
Reaction score
For me it’s because they are a more physical team than us and their weakness is pass defense and I don’t trust Dak in these types of games to play at a high level.

but hasn't he always? like playoff Dak has been pretty good it's usually the defense that lets down.

pupulehaole

Reaction score
I don't understand the concern over playing San Francisco. It doesn't matter how tough or easy the first-round opponent is, if we're going to make it to where we want to make it, we're going to have to beat some tough teams. Did some of you just want an easy draw so we would be a shoo-in to win a playoff game? That's not my target. San Francisco, Tampa Bay, Green Bay, LA, Arizona ... it doesn't matter. Getting to the Super Bowl is the goal. If we lose to the 49ers in the wild card, then it'll be pretty apparent we weren't getting there even if we had faced someone like Philly in the first round because better teams would have been waiting on us.
Have you watched this team the past 15 years? of course we are scared lol.